TD taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct?......

shagg

they're at it again, the ncaa....another propose rule(s)...this time to take away a TD if a player(s) is called for unsportsmanlike while scoring a TD....when are they gonna ever stop...take a TD away after a player scores?......crazy if you ask me....we have enough rules already....like to know what you guys think

That's about as lame as it could get. If their thinking about taking points away,[and it would never get passed anyway] just don't let the team try the extra point. Now that would really hurt if its on the last play of the game and it would tie the game. Never ever will be a rule though.

GBR!!!

Yeah, we'll see how long this rule lasts...

Yards are one thing, but taking away points is something completely different

:clap Yeah...I don't see this lasting more than a single season. Talk about giving a official a license to steal a game for his bookie...this is a joke. An unsportsmanlike can be called on any officials whim. I would also hate to be an official that calls this on a TD that is the game winner for the home team, it might take the National Guard to get him out of the state after the game, not the State Police... :lol: All this rule does is open the door even more for corrupt officials favoring one team over another - or at least the allegation of it.

The NCAA needs to learn that it is okay not to make major changes just to make changes. :nutz This is going to come back to bite the NCAA in the a$$, and it won't take long.

I don't think you guys are looking at this accurately.

They're not going to take away a touchdown for excessive celebration AFTER a touchdown, because that's still a dead ball penalty. But say, a receiver breaks free downfield and on his way into the end zone he starts high stepping, flips into the end zone, taunts the other player with the football, etc. etc. etc., those are still live penalties and will take away the points, but most likely replay the down (maybe loss of down). It's the same as a holding call, and I think it would be a great rule if implemented that way. Players are constantly costing their team a 'meaningless' 15 yards on kickoffs in order to showboat, so you need to make the consequences big enough to where they stop. There's no room for it if you ask me.

It wouldn't surprise me at all for the NCAA it impose something this ridiculous. After all they do still decide there championship using the BsCS!

My biggest problem with the rule, is that there is already a disparity between teams as to who gets flagged for unsportsman like. Look at teams like Miami and USC, every time they score their players have some lame taunt or "cool" pose for the cameras. How often is that flagged? But Looker at Washington gets one for throwing the ball in the air? :dunno

They should concentrate on enforcing all the rules fairly before adding more.