DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Here is another take on Owa...

"Defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa's elimination of California is a stunner. Odighizuwa, from Portland (Ore.) David Douglas, once was considered a silent commitment to Cal. Most now feel this will come down to UCLA and Oregon State in the end, with Oregon an outside possibility and USC a long shot. "

Now what do you say Owa???? Eh?? EH???

owa you blew it... :dunno:dunno:dunno but thats okay cause you seem like a nice guy so i forgive you...

but come on you cant really still be considered the Beavers right??? :hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

I think you mean the Ducks. Beavers are the other Oregon team with crappier facilities.

Nope, it looks like UCLA or Oregon St.

"Defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa's elimination of California is a stunner. Odighizuwa, from Portland (Ore.) David Douglas, once was considered a silent commitment to Cal. Most now feel this will come down to UCLA and Oregon State in the end, with Oregon an outside possibility and USC a long shot. "

So is Nebraska officially out of it or just what some guy is thinking? I don't blame him for staying closer to home, but its just a little surprising that he has seemed to like Nebraska throughout the process, we seemed to have good ties with him, and we have the best defensive coaching staff in the nation.

Also on top of that, not that were lacking DE Depth, but really once Pierre Allen is gone next year we don't have a ton of guys at DE so he can come in and play. Even in 2010 all we really have is Allen, Ankrah, and Meredith. We also have Josh Williams but he hasn't shown the ability to get on the field ever.

So is Nebraska officially out of it or just what some guy is thinking? I don't blame him for staying closer to home, but its just a little surprising that he has seemed to like Nebraska throughout the process, we seemed to have good ties with him, and we have the best defensive coaching staff in the nation.

Also on top of that, not that were lacking DE Depth, but really once Pierre Allen is gone next year we don't have a ton of guys at DE so he can come in and play. Even in 2010 all we really have is Allen, Ankrah, and Meredith. We also have Josh Williams but he hasn't shown the ability to get on the field ever.

We're out of it. He announced it the other day and cut his choices down to 4 schools. All Pac-10 schools as mentioned above. Distance was the deciding factor since he wants to be close to his family.

I've heard the coaches speak highly of Williams and they think he'll contribute a lot next year. I think a lot of him not playing this year was his size/injuries. The depth along the DL has been hurting for the past 2 seasons. Hopefully this class helps fill in that void.

Damn... felt good about how things were going. Visited the game with the best atmosphere of the year, best player in the nation was a DL from his state, in home visit during Suhs award show, etc...

The one thing we couldn't fix though is distance which I can't blame him. Seemed like a class act throughout the whole process so I'll root for him in the future as long as hes not playing us!

DuckTerritory.com published a report on Tuesday (12/29) that Owa had cut his choices down to 4 schools (USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon St.).

I'd like to think that he reconsidered NU after watching us play in the Holiday Bowl, but I ain't holding my breath. I guess at the very least it is a possibility since that article was published just one day before we played the Holiday Bowl. But again, I doubt it. However I wouldn't mind being wrong.

whoever gets him is getting a MAN. was looking on the Army All-American site and came across this

U.S. Army National Combine Defensive MVP

The Combine Defensive MVP award recognizes the most dominating defensive performer during the skill and position drills at the U.S. Army National Combine.

Past Winners Include:

2009-Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OR

2008-Cliff Harris, DB, Edison High School (CA)

2007-Patrick Johnson, DB, Louisiana State

2006-Brandon Joiner, DL,Texas A&M

2005-Aaron Williams, DL, Tennessee Tech

2004-Michael Ray Garvin, DB, Florida State