DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

If distance is THE factor, why are UCLA and USC on the list? I could see Cal or Wash, but LA is pretty far from Portland. No, not as far as Lincoln, but far enough (15 hours?) that taking a plane makes more sense.

That's what I was wondering. If distance is so much of a factor, why are UCLA and USC still on the list? It's slightly less than a 3 hour flight from Portland, Oregon to Omaha and it's a 1 hour 45 minute flight from Portland to LA.

Nebraska is just an extra hour from USC and UCLA, and this kid seems pretty bright. I guess it just confuses me as to why he wouldn't already have considered this.

Probably because there aren't really any 3 hour commercial flights from Portland to Omaha (no direct flights), plus UNL campus is another hour drive from Omaha?

I've read at various boards that Owa's mother liked UCLA because of the tight-knit Nigerian community in L.A. She also bonded with other parents of Nigerian student/athletes while visiting UCLA with Owa on his official. So apparently having a Nigerian mentor/community is important to her.

I've read at various boards that Owa's mother liked UCLA because of the tight-knit Nigerian community in L.A. She also bonded with other parents of Nigerian student/athletes while visiting UCLA with Owa on his official. So apparently having a Nigerian mentor/community is important to her.

His mom also probably liked UCLA because that school is freaking AWESOME!!! Okay, I'm a bit biased since that's my alma mater.

;)

His mom also probably liked UCLA because that school is freaking AWESOME!!! Okay, I'm a bit biased since that's my alma mater.

;)

It is a nice school. I've been there several times myself. I had an ex-girlfriend who graduated from there. But finding parking sucks ass.

;)

I would love to have gone to UCLA.................the cheerleaders alone would have sold me! :leghump:

ucla4hl2.jpg

2007_08_dance.jpg

not too much of a UCLA fan... thought it is where ooklah the moc was born (UCLA) from thundar

anyways back to Owa i cant help but like our chances.. i think being one of only two in house visitiors (us and oregon) is a good sign.... like i've said before an others i think it is coming down to heart (nebrask) and the voice of others in his head tellign him to stay close... for whatever reasons being thrown out there i am sure they are true but also very selfish and not accurate to say the least.....

if owa came here he could make it work and would have every oppurtunity to see his mom and fam.......

not too much of a UCLA fan... thought it is where ooklah the moc was born (UCLA) from thundar

anyways back to Owa i cant help but like our chances.. i think being one of only two in house visitiors (us and oregon) is a good sign.... like i've said before an others i think it is coming down to heart (nebrask) and the voice of others in his head tellign him to stay close... for whatever reasons being thrown out there i am sure they are true but also very selfish and not accurate to say the least.....

if owa came here he could make it work and would have every oppurtunity to see his mom and fam.......

Props for the Thundar reference.

;)

It is a nice school. I've been there several times myself. I had an ex-girlfriend who graduated from there. But finding parking sucks ass.

True, which is why it was not completely surprising, though still not justified, when it came out that many UCLA football players were parking in the handicapped spots a few years ago.

;)

I would love to have gone to UCLA.................the cheerleaders alone would have sold me! :leghump:

ucla4hl2.jpg

2007_08_dance.jpg

I AM TRANSFERRING TO UCLA :laughpound:clap

;)

ucla4hl2.jpg

2007_08_dance.jpg

Isn't Kevin Love dating the brunette on the top left? Lucky punk.

;)

ucla4hl2.jpg

2007_08_dance.jpg

:hitit