DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

This kid is hard to find out anything about because it seems that he shows little to no emotion after talking with schools. I wouldnt play poker with the kid.

They DID say that he smiled when the crowd did the "SSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" chant on senior day and he smiled throughout his whole visit. That is about the only emotion I have heard about him showing.

I've read at various boards that Owa's mother liked UCLA because of the tight-knit Nigerian community in L.A. She also bonded with other parents of Nigerian student/athletes while visiting UCLA with Owa on his official. So apparently having a Nigerian mentor/community is important to her.

His mom also probably liked UCLA because that school is freaking AWESOME!!! Okay, I'm a bit biased since that's my alma mater.

;)

I would love to have gone to UCLA.................the cheerleaders alone would have sold me! :leghump:

ucla4hl2.jpg

2007_08_dance.jpg

I AM TRANSFERRING TO UCLA :laughpound:clap

:hitit

Is that asian girl at the bottom topless??? Nice!!

:koolaid2:

(disclaimer: For the cynics....I know she's not.)

For those who think Owa has already narrowed his list to Oregon and NU or UCLA and NU or whatever version you prefer, think again. From Rivals:

"There's something with USC that I'm still trying to compare with the other schools. All of the other schools have something I don't feel right about yet."

"I was planning on announce at the Army game, but I talked with my mom and my coaches and didn't feel like I was ready to commit yet," said Odighizuwa. "I still don't feel ready. I'm happy I made that decision. Now I think I'll wait until signing day.

"I'll probably eliminate some schools before then. Right now, I think I'll probably have three schools left to choose from at that point."

I'm not suggesting he is a Trojan lean (oh please God, don't let that be the case), but I am suggesting that we not try to narrow his list for him. He'll tell us when a team or two are out of the running. And so as of right now, NU appears to have a 20% shot at landing Owa. Sure, it's not 50%, but it's better than the 0% that we were looking at a couple of weeks ago.

OSU

UCLA

NU

^^ That's my guess of who it comes down to.

As I said earlier, I read on other forums that his Mom went down to UCLA with him on his visit and enjoyed it. She liked the tight-knit Nigerian community associated with UCLA and the academics.

OSU

UCLA

NU

As I said earlier, I read on other forums that his Mom went down to UCLA with him on his visit and enjoyed it. She liked the tight-knit Nigerian community associated with UCLA and the academics.

I think UCLA gets him with NU being a close 2nd!

Seriously being buzz kills

OSU

UCLA

NU

Sorry man. It's purely speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt. FWIW, I'm not counting us out yet. I have a good feeling that Bo will make a good impression at Owa's in-home. Whether that translates to him signing here is another thing altogether, but I'm still not counting us out until he reveals it on signing day.

I'll go a step further than my last post and say it'll come down to UCLA & Nebraska. Here's why:

OSU is a convenience school for the distance factor alone. Nothing screams great defense at OSU. It's a good program though. They'll win some and lose some, but that's it.

UCLA has an early advantage because his Mom enjoyed the visit from a social and academic perspective. However from a purely football perspective, UCLA is vying for relevance under a new coach. Again, nothing screams great defense here.

Nebraska's disadvantage at this point is distance and Owa's Mom's lack of knowledge about Lincoln and its social/academic scene here. While we probably lack the Nigerian connection here, that isn't to say that they don't exist. It's just not as organized & relevant.

Furthermore, from a purely football perspective, Owa knows Nebraska is the real deal. Our school screams GREAT DEFENSE and is on the rise. Owa is aware of this.

So in the end it comes down to convenience (OSU), great social/academic scene (UCLA), great football culture (NU).

If Owa's goal is to play in the NFL, then he knows which school provides him the best opportunity to reach his fullest potential. This is why I think we'll be in his Top 2 before signing day.

DISCLAIMER: These are merely my opinions. It is not meant to be a buzzkill. :)

OSU

UCLA

NU

Sorry man. It's purely speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt. FWIW, I'm not counting us out yet. I have a good feeling that Bo will make a good impression at Owa's in-home. Whether that translates to him signing here is another thing altogether, but I'm still not counting us out until he reveals it on signing day.

I'll go a step further than my last post and say it'll come down to UCLA & Nebraska. Here's why:

OSU is a convenience school for the distance factor alone. Nothing screams great defense at OSU. It's a good program though. They'll win some and lose some, but that's it.

UCLA has an early advantage because his Mom enjoyed the visit from a social and academic perspective. However from a purely football perspective, UCLA is vying for relevance under a new coach. Again, nothing screams great defense here.

Nebraska's disadvantage at this point is distance and Owa's Mom's lack of knowledge about Lincoln and its social/academic scene here. While we probably lack the Nigerian connection here, that isn't to say that they don't exist. It's just not as organized & relevant.

Furthermore, from a purely football perspective, Owa knows Nebraska is the real deal. Our school screams GREAT DEFENSE and is on the rise. Owa is aware of this.

So in the end it comes down to convenience (OSU), great social/academic scene (UCLA), great football culture (NU).

If Owa's goal is to play in the NFL, then he knows which school provides him the best opportunity to reach his fullest potential. This is why I think we'll be in his Top 2 before signing day.

DISCLAIMER: These are merely my opinions. It is not meant to be a buzzkill. :)

Oh I no, I say that mostly in jest. I am just trying to keep the positive vibes on the trail going to finish the class with 2 4 Stars, 1 5 Star, and a 3 Star. Would be pretty epic IMO.