SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Great news! I sure hope he has been working out like crazy over the last year. He has a HUGE opportunity to be an impact player right away if he's in good shape and can pick up the new offense (just like Green and Ameer). Being a year older could give him an advantage.

You bring up a great point here, what has he been doing over the past year? Obviously he has been hitting the books hard, but hopefully he has been living in the gym.

Great news! I sure hope he has been working out like crazy over the last year. He has a HUGE opportunity to be an impact player right away if he's in good shape and can pick up the new offense (just like Green and Ameer). Being a year older could give him an advantage.

You bring up a great point here, what has he been doing over the past year? Obviously he has been hitting the books hard, but hopefully he has been living in the gym.

Pretty sure it came out around the time he took the last test, Braylon had said that his high school coach was pretty involved in keeping him in shape and working out. Another benefit of the Youngstown connection, as Bo said the coaches there are a very tight knit bunch.

Pretty sure it came out around the time he took the last test, Braylon had said that his high school coach was pretty involved in keeping him in shape and working out. Another benefit of the Youngstown connection, as Bo said the coaches there are a very tight knit bunch.

Braylon said in December that when he signed with Nebraska, they gave him a spring/summer work out plan that they wanted him to follow before he got to Nebraska. He's been following that plan and working with his high school coaches as well... the kid has worked equally hard on being in shape as he has with his ACT score.

Get cleared by NCAA yet?

It usually takes 2-3 weeks before the NCAA clearing house can clear his score. They have a lot of stuff to do. He should know if he's cleared by the NCAA by March 21st at the latest, if not earlier. Then if cleared, his scores will go to UNL for clearance based on their admissions requirements, if cleared... he'll fill out paperwork and wait for all that to go through. He got the score just in time as it's going to take some time for all the clearances, paperwork, etc.

Get cleared by NCAA yet?

It usually takes 2-3 weeks before the NCAA clearing house can clear his score. They have a lot of stuff to do. He should know if he's cleared by the NCAA by March 21st at the latest, if not earlier. Then if cleared, his scores will go to UNL for clearance based on their admissions requirements, if cleared... he'll fill out paperwork and wait for all that to go through. He got the score just in time as it's going to take some time for all the clearances, paperwork, etc.

But this time of the year I wouldn't think that they would be too busy. I would think that we will hear the news here pretty soon. IMO

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So.. can we make this one official now? Heard someone's N - and I'm not talking about Jordan.

He's been living in Lincoln since the week before the spring game and was telling people on Twitter that he was cleared by NCAA. Plus there is an update at Huskers Online today saying that he's ready to start practicing with the team this summer.

• Fire 1