SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Apparently there are a couple steps left to go before Heard can get admitted. His ACT of 18 is good to go but his sum score (can't remember exactly what this is) still has to be cleared. Basically Braylon is waiting on the news just like the rest of us.

I'm confused, so what exatly could keep him out of getting here now? Doesn't he have the grades and the ACT score?

Apparently there are a couple steps left to go before Heard can get admitted. His ACT of 18 is good to go but his sum score (can't remember exactly what this is) still has to be cleared. Basically Braylon is waiting on the news just like the rest of us.

I'm confused, so what exatly could keep him out of getting here now? Doesn't he have the grades and the ACT score?

The NCAA Clearinghouse(a board that must clear all college athletes, all divisions and levels) still has yet to clear him. I believe they use a combination of grades from HS as well as the ACT/SAT scores. Yes you must achieve an 18 to play collegiate sports but you also must have a high enough average of all composite parts of the test as well(like skerchicago is talking about). Basically you cant ace one part of a test and bomb another, averages out to be ok, but not a core sum.

Secondly NU has it's own set of admission criteria that has to be met. This shouldn't be the snag, unless the basketball admission folks get involved.

THe NCAA Clearinghouse are quite actually a very powerful organization in college sports actually. They don't clear kids right away. Sometimes the stuff drags in their offices for weeks. Think of all the incoming freshmen that miss parts of summer camp that are good on grades but the Clearinghouse takes so long to OK them.

I would think help becasue it would give him a couple more days to get approved with out missing classes.

this is way too much stress........

The man upstairs wants BH to be a Husker! :corndance

yeah i think there must be some divine action going here.... either to get him to nebraska or keep him far far away.. .depending on how you look at things

Heard has until the 18th to enroll. That's when the late enrollment process ends. Still, I don't think it looks good right now.

Rivals has a teaser. It says Heard got word on his sum score for is ACT and that he has a plan. IT really doesn't look like he is going to make it this semester. I do not know what the plan is...

Heard has until the 18th to enroll. That's when the late enrollment process ends. Still, I don't think it looks good right now.

Rivals has a teaser. It says Heard got word on his sum score for is ACT and that he has a plan. IT really doesn't look like he is going to make it this semester. I do not know what the plan is...

oh gosh... this is longer than a soap opera

Can we at least sort of pretend like we care that this is COLLEGE football and let this one go now? He seems to be a talented RB but he had a whole year to get it together and couldn't. If he actually earns his way onto campus and is cleared by the NCAA then great but it has reached silly and then some.I'm sorry but college isn't that hard to get into. If he couldn't get it in a year I question his work ethic and dedication. Don't give me the poor test taker garbage. He could over come that in a year+ and the world doesn't care. As someone that teaches on a University campus I really don't appreciate the athletic dept making us fix their messes so they can exploit these kids for $. Let's keep the student in STUDENT athlete.

• Fire 1

Can we at least sort of pretend like we care that this is COLLEGE football and let this one go now? He seems to be a talented RB but he had a whole year to get it together and couldn't. If he actually earns his way onto campus and is cleared by the NCAA then great but it has reached silly and then some.I'm sorry but college isn't that hard to get into. If he couldn't get it in a year I question his work ethic and dedication. Don't give me the poor test taker garbage. He could over come that in a year+ and the world doesn't care. As someone that teaches on a University campus I really don't appreciate the athletic dept making us fix their messes so they can exploit these kids for $. Let's keep the student in STUDENT athlete.

The biggest problem I think is his GPA. We wouldn't have to worry about all this "sum" stuff if his GPA would have been better and the only reason that was bad is mainly because of his frosh year of high school. He did very poor and the school he was at then let him fall through the cracks. When he got to a school that they actually checked on him at and he started to turn it around he was so deep it was hard for him to pull up the GPA. Also, I would bet money he has some sort of learning disability that hasn't been totally taken care of right. So, before bagging on the kid let's take into consideration not everyone is really smart and may have hurdles in learning. No reason to give up on a kid as long as he is proving he is trying. The coaches know what's going on so i'll put my faith in them on whether or not he is putting forth the effort.

And as I've said before, if he can actually get here he can probably finally get the help he needs and eventually get a degree. Everyone always talks about the academic all americans, but for everyone of those there are hundreds of kids who would have never thought they could get a degree that do and changes there life forever.

• Fire 2

I agree. As much as I hate losing a football player of this caliber, I don't see any excuse for not being able to make bare minimum academic standards.