tunnel walk

Holy crap - are peoples' memories that short?? We DID change it to this:

And now, we're back after the old regime completely dismantled all of our tradition. The tunnel walk song is now part of our tradition, and I hope it never changes, EVER, EVER!!!

Ummm..... WRONG... That was just an intro to the same tunnel walk we have always had.

Holy crap - are peoples' memories that short?? We DID change it to this:

And now, we're back after the old regime completely dismantled all of our tradition. The tunnel walk song is now part of our tradition, and I hope it never changes, EVER, EVER!!!

Ummm..... WRONG... That was just an intro to the same tunnel walk we have always had.

You must not have listened past :20 in the video...everything past "let the games begin" is all Mikey Bo, and NOT Sirius...

You may not know this unless you haven't been to a game since TO came back and changed the audio/video to the tunnel walk mid-2007. After seeing the lame video during Cally's era and TO changing it to "Tradition" that year, I knew the order was restored. Sirius is part of the order being restored, and I don't want our team to make the same mistake.

PS - I heard that Sirius was costing the university a LOT of money to license, and that was part of the reason to change to Mikey Bo's version, but I think that the money is well spent for us to have it as part of every Husker game. I still get chills every time I hear it.

Whats wrong with the Sirus song.........seriously??? Thats one of the best parts about going to a game is listening to this song and getting goosebumps as your favorite team comes rumbling onto the football field.

I think the main problem with changing this song in some peoples minds is because of younger people. I'm 25 years old and I grew up to Sirus as a kid going to the games. Kids now from the ages of 18-21 want something more of a hip hop, punk rock, etc to meet the needs of the what kids nowadays listen too.

Lets stick to tradition and thats what Sirus is all about and if we change Sirus there will be a lot of angry fans and I know I for one and my father would be really bummed out and it would change the whole gameday experience.

Edit: Though Cochise would be awesome.

Welcome Home isn't a bad idea either, tbh.

Cochise has such great build up to it. Just makes you pumped up. It was my old high school's song for their version of "tunnel walk", and it was awesome

I think the tunnel walk with Sirius HAS to stay. However, I do like what they were trying to do with the videos and things leading up to the tunnel walk in the Cally years. I like that. It's something that makes the anticipation grow even more leading up to Sirius. But, no stupid videos like jumping out of a plane with stupid sayings. If they just would have showed the players focusing with pissed off looks in their faces and moved it into Sirius that would have been better. Anyways, I saw this online which gives you chills. Now, I HATE the Patriots, but this gets you going and I love this song, I think it's "O Fortuna" composed by Carl Orff. But they start it out like this, and I think that spills over into Crazy Train and is when the players come out onto the field.

I have Sirius as the ringtone on my phone. My wife called me from the gate waiting on me at our departure gate in PHX. I'm stuck in a long security line but when the phone rang everyone turned and looked at me.

Then a gal, she was HOT btw, yelled at me "I love that song!"

Did I mention my wife was on the other end? Sirius must stay...I'll never change my ringtone Whooo Hooo....

In all honesty, I would have really enjoyed Mikey Bo's tunnel walk production if it would have been coupled with a better video and the bass turned down a bit.

I agree but I honestly think that the bass is fine. If anything maybe turn it up a little bit

Not with the current sound system. There were parts (especially the climax after the Saw theme) where the bass would hit and it sounded absolutely horrid because the speakers couldn't handle it.