Handshakes

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on this. I don’t care one way or another if a PRO Athlete shakes hands with the opposition after a game but High School and College Kids should have to do it. I would definitely think that the Head Coach at the University of Nebraska, a school that takes great pride in its sportsmanship, would think that shaking hands after a game is mandatory. Who knows though maybe Bo is just referring to PRO sports and not College.

“Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory”

I’ll beat this deadhorse again as well, if Billy C said there would have been a lot of the fanbase up in arms calling for his head. But like I said deadhorse. dedhoarse

his comment never implied that shaking hands shouldn't be practiced. just that its an overrated tradition(if you want to call it that)....

i really don't care what a pro/college athlete does as long as it doesn't hurt the team, so not shaking hands doesn't mater to me.

I think the guys on 1620 said it best when they said all that matters when it really boils down is winning. If you are losing and you don't shake hands then you are going to get called out but if you are winning and you don't shake hands it's no big deal. This is just me, but I agree. Shaking hands isn't that big of a deal to me, as long as you are winning and not making the program look bad, thats by far the most important thing to me.

This (and the Lebron story) are manufactured non-issues in the world of hyper-media.

Can we follow the Lebron story with an update on Bret Favre and Terrell Owens?

And finish with pics of the new football uniforms and purses Nike will be rolling out for Oregon this year.

Offseason topics. Sigh.

In reading this thread, quite frankly I'm disappointed in the attitudes presented herein. It's called sportsmanship and it appears to be dead judging from what I've read thus far. Regardless of the sport shaking your opponents hand, whether you've won or lost, demonstrates good sportsmanship and promotes good will. Let's remember one thing, at the end of the day it's still just a game and when compared to other things in life means absolutely nothing. And if you're too petty, small-minded, foolish and/or crass to shake your opponents hand, win or lose, then don't play.