If Nebraska Stopped Playing Football...

I'd probably pull for a rival of a team I hate- like pulling for Kansas or Colorado State. I kinda figure if you pull for Kansas you get two birds with one stone. A few years back I was a HUGH Marshall fan

I'd have to add in the local team in that state I sometimes reside in- the Rajin Cajuns. Outside of massive eating and drinking I probably wouldn't even watch the game.

Or maybe I would just watch the 93, 94,95 and 97 seasons over and over again, take LSD and pretend they weren't reruns. This is probably the best answer as football season could be year around. I think I would end up looking like a female version of the priest in Caddyshack

Or maybe might heart might stop and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

I would go with my distant, distant, distant 2nd favorite team, the University of Arizona Wildcats. Even though the school has a very small fraction of the tradition, respect, success, and well, everything that Nebraska has, I have taken a liking to them as a Phoenix resident who finds the ASU fans utterly obnoxious. With the direction their football and basketball teams have been headed lately, they are beginning to remind me more of Nebraska's sports programs.

I'm with you on this one also. They never seem to be able to get over the hump. Put together a couple good years [7 or 9 wins] than fall back, for awhile. Sun Devil fans are bad. Went to a game when Nebraska was playing them, wasn't sure which way to head to the stadium after parking and my wife asked a ASU fan, and the ASU's friend said don't tell them there wearing Neb stuff, lol. Later my wife had her pony tail pulled standing in line for a coke. So I would like to see UofA take over as the top program in Arizona. Thank god this is only a "what if thread". Could never ever get behind another team like I do my Huskers.

GBR!!!

I'm 24 right now, I've lived in Nebraska since 1997, went to a game in 98, felt the magic and fell in love. Haven't looked back since. I am a diehard Husker fan and always will be.

However, before 1997, I grew up in the great state of Arkansas and would occasionally attend Razorback games. I still have a small interest in their team and see how they're doing every so often. I hate Bobby Petrino, but I still dig Arkansas. If for some crazy reason, Nebraska stopped playing football, I'd be cheering for the Hogs.

But Nebraska is Football, so this convo is null and void anyway.

I would go with my distant, distant, distant 2nd favorite team, the University of Arizona Wildcats. Even though the school has a very small fraction of the tradition, respect, success, and well, everything that Nebraska has, I have taken a liking to them as a Phoenix resident who finds the ASU fans utterly obnoxious. With the direction their football and basketball teams have been headed lately, they are beginning to remind me more of Nebraska's sports programs.

I'm with you on this one also. They never seem to be able to get over the hump. Put together a couple good years [7 or 9 wins] than fall back, for awhile. Sun Devil fans are bad. Went to a game when Nebraska was playing them, wasn't sure which way to head to the stadium after parking and my wife asked a ASU fan, and the ASU's friend said don't tell them there wearing Neb stuff, lol. Later my wife had her pony tail pulled standing in line for a coke. So I would like to see UofA take over as the top program in Arizona. Thank god this is only a "what if thread". Could never ever get behind another team like I do my Huskers.

GBR!!!

Two other reasons I dislike ASU: 1) Bruce Snyder refused to shake TO's hand in 1995 because Snyder felt he ran up the score in the 77-28 rout. Even though, if I remember to my knowledge there were only 2 second half scores on the Huskers part and the last one was kind of an "accidental score". In addition he goes and bashes him in a post game interview.

2) I am still reminded 13 years later about the "Debacle in the Desert" the following year. (Although I think it might finally be wearing off just a little bit now.) Funny story about the game, I was 16 at the time living in Phoenix and my mom's boyfriend bought tickets for the 3 of us to go to the game. They got in a fight 2 days before the game and broke up. The d-bag kept the tickets. Which was absolutely a blessing in disguise being as though Nebraska played so horribly that night.