Worst playcalls

was it a fake punt or going for it on fourth down in our territory against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl? but thats my vote

this right here. We were in range for a really long shot field goal that was outside our kickers range most likely, but you had two thoughts in your mind if you weren't bill callahan, either go for it or try the field goal, bc there wasn't time to give the ball up. which is exactly why a fake punt was insanely terrible, punting in that situation LOSES THE GAME! So basically we sent our punt team out to try to pick up a first down! Its a tough situation for the starting offense, let alone for a fake punt. Fake field goal, that would have made sense maybe, but sh#t, that is one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Bo gets a boner for the fake FG vs CU, that definitely changed the mo of that game.

yah, but you have to look at the positive: bo said after the game the he called it and admitted it was getting too cute with in play input.

not to spin it like a party man, but bo was a freshman head coach and he made a freshman mistake. hopefully, he'll learn to control his impulses better down the road.

eric crouch facemask WORST NO CALL! against kstate

twist2_si.jpg

if you listen real hard, you can hear k-state fans saying, "wut face-mask call?!"

dont remember the players name or the year i think it was callahan era. when we played TT and in the 4th quarter a DL caught a pick then fumbled it then TT threw a TD an won the game.... i was stunned for a week i couldnt believe that happened to us. Also that Nunn pass against Texas like 3 years ago to seal the upset victory but he fumbled.... that happened so much to us when callahan was coach it seemed, we never got a good luck play or call.

was it a fake punt or going for it on fourth down in our territory against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl? but thats my vote

this right here. We were in range for a really long shot field goal that was outside our kickers range most likely, but you had two thoughts in your mind if you weren't bill callahan, either go for it or try the field goal, bc there wasn't time to give the ball up. which is exactly why a fake punt was insanely terrible, punting in that situation LOSES THE GAME! So basically we sent our punt team out to try to pick up a first down! Its a tough situation for the starting offense, let alone for a fake punt. Fake field goal, that would have made sense maybe, but sh#t, that is one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

The fake punt was during the first drive of the 2nd quarter not the end of the game. The 4th down play that was run instead of trying a field goal towards the end of the game was an out to Hardy on the sideline that went over his head.

There was a fake punt that we ran in the bowl game against Ole Miss in 2002 with Judd Davies throwing the pass that was a pretty bad play call. Any play that required Joe Dailey throwing the ball downfield was a bad play call (unless playing Baylor) or any option ran with Josh Davis trying to get the corner was a bad play call.

Solich in SO many third and shorts trying to run his "Judd Davies (Davis?) in your face" play (FB dive I suppose) that would inevitably get stuffed for no gain. It was the early 00s and we just weren't as dominant up front.

I think he pulled that in a 4th and Long against the Miami in the 01 Rose Bowl... lets see getting butts kicked, its fourth down, and we are going to go for it! here is the play... hand off to the slow full back and watch him get stuffed at the line of scrimmage! :bang:bang:bang

Probably not the worse "play call" but I distinctly remember in 2005, LeKevin Smith intercepting a Cody Hodges pass with just over a minute left in the game and instead of falling to the ground, a TTU player punched the ball loose and TTU recovered where they went on to score the winning TD. I think all of Husker Nation was yelling "Fall down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but did he? No... :facepalm:

Worst call?

4th & goal...4 seconds on the clock...down by 4. What to do? I know! How about an option play to the short side of the field??? Nothing like having your QB start a play 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage when you're sitting on the goal line. Of course if you disquise it by running to the weak side of the line, that'll really confuse them! Chizek was an offensive genius...I'll bet the Colorado fans laughed for a week after that amazing display of offensive brilliance.... <_<

dont remember the players name or the year i think it was callahan era. when we played TT and in the 4th quarter a DL caught a pick then fumbled it then TT threw a TD an won the game.... i was stunned for a week i couldnt believe that happened to us. Also that Nunn pass against Texas like 3 years ago to seal the upset victory but he fumbled.... that happened so much to us when callahan was coach it seemed, we never got a good luck play or call.

That was 2005 I believe. I was at that game. It was Le Kevin Smith who fumbled the ball. That was probably the loudest I have ever heard Memorial stadium.

1. Frank Solich using Eric Crouch just about on every play during the 01' NC game.

2. The fake punt in the 1st half against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl......why just why?

3. Cotton Bowl again. Everytime when it was 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, Callahan would always call a pass play

4. WR screen play against OU this past season.

5. Hiring Pud

6. Hiring Callahan

Here's the scene.....

Callahan's first year....we are at home.....against Southern Miss.

We have all the momentum, up two scores and the clock winding down in the third Q

Instead of letting the clock run out....

Callahan calls a pass play.

Dailey throws a pick.

Southern Miss gets an instant pick-me-up and goes on to win the game.

We were supposed to win that game....dumbest call ever.

2nd place....going to Ames the same year, taking on a horrid run defense and deciding to pass the ball instead. Result, another loss.