Celebrating 300 straight sellouts

This is a guy/sports thing.

For some unknown reason, guys can make a milestone out of about anything that's sports related. That's something we love about it. Guys remember where they were when McGwire hit # 62, Ripken broke Gehrig's consecutive game streak, etc.

Who?

Since they celebrated the 200 and 250 they have to celebrate 300. I think it is a very cool idea and as it was stated, many of the people who started this will most likely not be around for 350. It is something that the Huskers are proud of, but I think the fans have even more pride about this streak! I wish I could be there to be a part of it!!!!!

Probally sounds dumb but i think its becaust its a even number. KInda like when we celebrated the bicentenial of america in 1976. Sure every year were still america, it just signifying that its been 200 years. And at some point there going to have a 250 year america celebration. Its just because its a flat number of 300 is why its a celebrating point. Kinda like when we make big deals about or 30th or 40th birthday. There milestones so speak, Because theres a 0 after the number it makes it that much more noteworthy. Most people might not be around for 500. And the record might stop one day so kinda celebrate it while its here.

Does that help.

Ben

:yeah

I agree with you BigRedPowerWagon. When somebody celebrates something big it usually is an odd number like birthdays 30, 40, 50, etc. My fiancee's grandma is turning 80 on Aug 9th and they're going to celebrate that big milestone. Another thing to think about is wedding anniversaries and when somebody is celebrating 50 years of marriage. Sure 51 years of marriage is very specail to celebrate too but nothing is as special until that 50 year mark. I hope this helps Jen.

I think this is a special record because it is a fan thing, not an athlete thing. When we were ranked in the AP every game for only God knows how long, there wasn't a big celebration. The success was a function of the program and athletes, being somewhat superstitious, might have wanted to avoid talking about it for fear that it would jinx the thing. A sell out streak however is contingent on fans continuing to have interest and buy tickets. Giving them a little nod every once and a while tells them that no matter how long the streak goes on, UNL is thankful they still choose to buy the tickets. Every 50 games must sound like a good mark to celebrate. I think we had celebrations at 200 and 250.

P.S. And it is about the only streak we have left. Thanks Pedy and Billy C. dedhoarse

For some unknown reason, guys can make a milestone out of about anything that's sports related. That's something we love about it. Guys remember where they were when McGwire hit # 62, Ripken broke Gehrig's consecutive game streak, etc.

Who?

Please tell me you aren't serious with this question 37..........

Simply put, it is one of those 'milestone' numbers. People enjoy celebrating those definitive numbers because they are even and they sound cool. Nobody wants to say "Oh look we have sold out 307 games!" People would rather focus on 300 because it has a ring to it.

Why do people celebrate 50 years of marriage? Because it has a better ring to it and it seems more like of an accomplishment than the number 49.

Not celebrating our 300th sell out would be like not giving a rat's ass in 2076 when America hits our 300th anniversary.

We enjoy big round numbers because they have a bigger impact, and that is the best way that I can say it. Would you say a guy rushed for 923 yards or say he rushed for about 1,000 yards? Which sounds better?

You're over thinking it. It's just a milestone, like turning 20 or 30 or 40. Or when we flipped the calendars over to the year 2000.

Enjoy it. Not many school get to celebrate sell out #300.

Not many as in, no one else but Nebraska fans! My question is how is that NOT something to celebrate? :confucius

Who?

Please tell me you aren't serious with this question 37..........

Jesus, me too....