Turner Gill

I sure hope that Gill would not go there, but with that being said, it is a step in the right direction.....not football wise, but moving to a conference like the Big XII with BCS possibilities. Now I can think of better schools than sCUm that he should go to, but you never know.

I am sure after Hawkins' quote about his son starting to play better as the game went on drove some of the fans over the edge. His precious son sucks...if he says anything bad about him he has to deal with the awkwardness with his son and kicking his ass kicked at home by the wife. 10 wins......

The only one I can see coaching there that will tell the Buff fans, what they want to here. About how great they are, how great his team played, just that the other team played a little bit better. That he made all the right moves and the loss wasn't his fault, that they could have won if just a few things had been a little different, no matter how bad they got blown out, or how tight a game it was. He will tell them they are headed in the right direction, because he is a great coach.

Yep, that same genius that we had here, for what seemed a life time. They just might deserve BC.......

GBR!!!

Ok, I will go ahead and bite:

First off, you all did not give Turner Gill the job at Nebraska and I believe it might be safe to say at this point he will never get the job, so at this point if there was a job that was a step up from Buffalo, and he was interested in it then why not take it? Especially since WE ALL KNOW THAT COLORADO IS NOT NEBRASKA'S RIVAL.

Second, there is a huge list of names being thrown out, not unlike the meltdown posts on this site two years ago, anyone remember those? There were Cally firing posts after the Ball State game and you all ended up winning that one.

Third, it is just one game and an out of conference one at that, still plenty of football left, although I concede we looked horrific in the first half Sunday.

First off, you all did not give Turner Gill the job at Nebraska and I believe it might be safe to say at this point he will never get the job, so at this point if there was a job that was a step up from Buffalo, and he was interested in it then why not take it? Especially since WE ALL KNOW THAT COLORADO IS NOT NEBRASKA'S RIVAL.

Second, there is a huge list of names being thrown out, not unlike the meltdown posts on this site two years ago, anyone remember those? There were Cally firing posts after the Ball State game and you all ended up winning that one.

Third, it is just one game and an out of conference one at that, still plenty of football left, although I concede we looked horrific in the first half Sunday.

I'm with you. I think Turner would give CU a good long look if they came calling. I DO think he is happy now at Buffalo . . . but he's going to want to move up some day. (Also, I think it'd be a good thing for both CU and NU. It'd be interesting to see if a more respectful rivalry developed from it.)

Second, yeah. Your situation looks similar to the Callahan situation.

Third. Agreed. There are a lot of games to play.

You're absolutely right B. B. I can remember when this board looked EXACTLY like that one. SOME peoples memories are the second shortest thing they've got... :lol:

The only solace I can take is that the second half was a huge improvement then the first half of that game. If Scotty McKnight hangs on to that football after that vicious hit, heck, we might have ended up coming back and winning that game. What disturbed me is that we had to pass 40 times in that game and I made a post here on this site about 3 weeks ago suggesting that if we have to throw the ball 30 or more times a game we lose. Now I am a former pee-wee coach and the down marker guy on Friday nights, if I can see that we are not a passing football team, then why can't a head coach at a Big 12 conference team see it?

Haha! Not!!

I find this idea hilarious, but...get this....the puffs are so delusional and desperate right now, the self proclaimed 'husker haters' are actually considering him a coaching candidate after Hawkins is fired at the conclusions of this season.

First of all....I think Gill has more self respect than that to go to Colorado to coach when he can find much better jobs than that...

Secondly....does anybody else find it hilarious that buffalo fans, who hate us, want to consider a former husker player and self proclaimed husker lover to coach their beloved anti husker squad?? Because I do!

I'm sorry, but while we don't want our Big 12 brethren to lose out of conference games..I'm soaking this one up.

And mods, if this must be, move it to the appropriate board.

That is all.

Buffalo Breakdown

I would hope Turner Gill wouldn't settle for a bottom feeder program like Colorado. A talent like him should aspire to much bigger and better things. There is a delicious irony in their desperation, but frankly the fan support for that program is so dismal that it'd be hard to imagine them getting any quality candidate.

Money talks and you have to start somewhere

Since we're all assuming here, I'll throw my 2 cents worth at it. Let's assume Hawkins does get fired. TO nearly left Nebraska for CU. CU is a much bigger program with some successful history. I don't think it would be a huge leap to think Gill would at least consider the move from Buffalo to a buffalo. All things considered though, I think CU goes down the same path as NU when selecting their next head coach. It appears that their offense needs some serious help. I'm guessing they make a bigger push for Watson or some other high profile OC as their next head coach. Hawkins was great at a smaller time school. I'm not sure CU will travel down this road so soon again and try to scoop up Gill or Peterson.

I can see CU making a move for Shawn Watson. Obviously I don't want that to happen. I want our staff to stay in tact for many years, though I do want Scott Frost to return to DONU.

I don't think Watson is a serious candidate at CU. I remember how derisively CU fans spoke of Watson when we hired him . . . just based on their opinion of him while he was OC there I think he is out of the running. This is a good thing for Nebraska, I think.