Is it just me...

CU Sucks

or is anyone else trying not to over talk about this game for fear that we will have our spirits crushed again? Last year I was so confident in NU and so unimpressed with VaTech...and then the other shoe dropped. Maybe it's that I live in Denver and trying not to eat crow again, but I think it's also a Karma thing. You know how that sometimes works... I think if we were to win this game, you would hear a giant sigh of relief from the great state... Please football gods let us get this monkey off our back...

I can't speak for everyone but here's what I think: as a fan I think I almost had the same mentality as Bo talks about the team having at the beginning of last year. We'd been beaten so badly so often under the former coach (and a few times under Bo) that I lack confidence going into big games. I think the team has it's swagger back. Hopefully my own will follow.

or is anyone else trying not to over talk about this game for fear that we will have our spirits crushed again? Last year I was so confident in NU and so unimpressed with VaTech...and then the other shoe dropped. Maybe it's that I live in Denver and trying not to eat crow again, but I think it's also a Karma thing. You know how that sometimes works... I think if we were to win this game, you would hear a giant sigh of relief from the great state... Please football gods let us get this monkey off our back...

I'm right with you bro. I've had to eat crow and my words to co-workers too many times recently to exibit bravado. I hope we are the real deal. We won't know until Saturday. GBR

That's why I never EVER open my mouth about the Huskers "guaranteed" winning anything. I guess I'm not too good at smack talk and hate when people with any affiliation do it. I like my facts and data, and that's what I use to do my talking.

That said, I think the Huskers CAN win. Will they? That's up to them, not me.

:lol: speaking of guarantees... I was eating more crow than I could handle. I must have made more guarantees about that game than I had about any husker game prior. Never going to be that confident going into a game again... I was drinking way too much :koolaid2: last year. Hopefully we go into Blacksburg and win this year. If not though, it's not the end of the world and Bo definitely has this program on the rise. But dear Lord, please let us get the monkey off our backs! Only Duke is the other program not to beat a top 20 team... COME ON!!!! :facepalm:

LET'S GET IT BIG RED!! :restore

I know where you guys are coming from. My boss is an SC grad, our National Sales manager is a grad and a former SC player. At least 70% of upper management are SC Grads. I get it from morning to night every single day. I get the little sisters of the poor, tiny stadium for sell outs on and on and on. The last four years of my football fan life has been miserable to say the least. This years schedule is posted on the main bulletin board with HOW CAN YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!!

SUN BELT CHAMPIONS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!

I guess because of their continous slighting of Nebraska I have become more realistic in my thoughts of our team. I try to figure every single game out and where we will be with the competition. I actually thought we had a chance against them both years. Well for my undying loyalty I got to wear a Tommy Trojan outfit for two days around the main office. That my friends is a dress no matter how you put it. I did it with pride, with my Nebraska shirt under it. As we are not scheduled to play this year the team that finishes higher in the polls is the winner. This year the loser wears the mascot outfit to the company party in January. Trust me no one wants this team to win more than me.

I think we can win this game, but I seriously doubt we will. Too long in the potty for me to think we win on the road against a top ten talent team (pres season). I still do not feel we have the talent to be competitive with the top teams, and if we do not start beating some of these highly rated teams we will never get it.

Please Bo save me this embarassment. Win this sucker!

Theres always a chance for a loss but people are picking a close game because we are young, inexperienced, playing away, playing in blacksburg etc. If our team prepares properly, which it sounds like we have been/will be, we deserve much more credit than everyone is giving. If you don't look at Virginia Tech as a #13 ranked team, don't look at the game being played in "Blacksburg", don't look at win streaks, etc. Look at what is important. People don't like to be wrong, which sways predictions. Do some homework and decide for yourself, then wait until saturday to see the margins between your prediction and the true outcome. Learn from it.

If we do beat VT, I guarentee you everyone is going to make rediculous predictions right away such as skipping right to the Big 12 CG when in reality, KU is as much of a threat as VT no bs.

GO BIG RED! 35-19 NU

:yeah

It's just you play every week, forget about the past and the losing streak to top 20 teams, because i believe none of that will matter come saturday. I believe we will play our a$$es off. only then will i be satisfied, when we are contending with the top tier teams, and winning those games every time if not then often. I want us back in the championship game year in and year out. this game no matter how much bo downplays will somewhat tell us where we are in year 2

There is a lot of raw nerves in Husker land right now. A glance into the rear view mirror provides plenty of reasons to feel this way. Since the 2001 CU game, the Huskers have played the victim role in many a beat down. This year is different. I feel a change in the program. Lee is as good as we hoped and I feel the offense is ready to explode. I am also beleiving in Phil Dillard's ability as a veteran player to make some big plays on D, thanks in part to the solid trench work across the D-line. The Blackshirts will get turnovers. What can I say, at this point, I just feel down right confident in the Huskers. It feels good. Va Tech is going to get slammed right in the kisser. Look for a BIG RED runaway. No joke. We are going to be subbing in the fourth quarter on the road against a top 20 team. Believe it. Where the Huskers go from here, I don't know. But the score on this Saturday will be something like 42-14 or 42-17.

ROCK

:box:box:box:clap:clap:clap:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

Regardless of Saturday's outcome, this team will, once this season, beat somebody they shouldn't. Last year we were close with Tech. This year it WILL happen. The monkey finally gets off our back. It would be nice if it was Saturday, but, if not, we still will have that big game to look forward to. Someone will overlook us as not being a real threat and then BAM!

There is a lot of raw nerves in Husker land right now. A glance into the rear view mirror provides plenty of reasons to feel this way. Since the 2001 CU game, the Huskers have played the victim role in many a beat down. This year is different. I feel a change in the program. Lee is as good as we hoped and I feel the offense is ready to explode. I am also beleiving in Phil Dillard's ability as a veteran player to make some big plays on D, thanks in part to the solid trench work across the D-line. The Blackshirts will get turnovers. What can I say, at this point, I just feel down right confident in the Huskers. It feels good. Va Tech is going to get slammed right in the kisser. Look for a BIG RED runaway. No joke. We are going to be subbing in the fourth quarter on the road against a top 20 team. Believe it. Where the Huskers go from here, I don't know. But the score on this Saturday will be something like 42-14 or 42-17.

ROCK

:box:box:box:clap:clap:clap:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

You are either drunk or high!