Eric crouch vs tommie frazier

Just wanted to get the sentiment of the nebraska crowd. And this question might even sound silly to you.

But did you all enjoy watching eric crouch or tommie frazier more?

And if you had to choose, which would you pick to win a game for you?

Last time I saw Eric Crouch, he was getting popped going across the middle for a ball in a preseason game for the Rams.

He quit after that.

I do remember his 99 yard run against Mizzou, though.

A couple of defenders had to pick up their jock strap when he was done.

Just wanted to get the sentiment of the nebraska crowd. And this question might even sound silly to you.

But did you all enjoy watching eric crouch or tommie frazier more?

And if you had to choose, which would you pick to win a game for you?

Frazier without a doubt. He's the best quarterback in college football history in my opinion. Plus every bowl game he played in he was MVP. He was a great leader and performer. I loved watching Crouch don't get me wrong but comparing Crouch to Frazier to me is no contest.

Actually, I'll go with option C. I like watching Frost more than the other two because I loved seeing DB's come up to stop the option only to get completely planted by Frost. However, I would go with Frazier if I had to pick one to win a game. Of the 3, he was the biggest gamer. All he did was win. Granted, he had the best talent of the 3 surrounding him.

Tommy never quit. Under any circumstance. Team Player, lived to win, Gave everything every down. Not the favorite guy on the team, hated by some. But always got the job done.

Crouch to me, was all about Crouch, winning the hypsman, hurting are chances in the future. Great player, but not a favorite of mine.

Tommy in a landslide.

Tommy never quit. Under any circumstance. Team Player, lived to win, Gave everything every down. Not the favorite guy on the team, hated by some. But always got the job done.

Crouch to me, was all about Crouch, winning the hypsman, hurting are chances in the future. Great player, but not a favorite of mine.

Tommy in a landslide.

Tommie was hated by some on the team? Didn't know that.

Tommy had little time for those that did not get it. 110% effort at all times, you were okay, if it was not that way you were not in a good light with him. He set the standards for the team. Hard nosed would be very light coment about Tommy.

Well that kind've reminds me of how MJ was for the Bulls, so that's a good quality for a leader to have I think.

Tommy had little time for those that did not get it. 110% effort at all times, you were okay, if it was not that way you were not in a good light with him. He set the standards for the team. Hard nosed would be very light coment about Tommy.

Well that kind've reminds me of how MJ was for the Bulls, so that's a good quality for a leader to have I think.

Yep, it's typical of highly skilled athletes. It may not be the "nice" attitude to have, but it's typical.

EDIT - and to answer the OP's question - Tommie Frazier and for me it's not close. There was a confidence that we would win every time he was on the field, just because he suited up for us.

Malth,

You are correct in two ways, better players and a team. Crouch was not about team, he was about Crouch.

If Eric had the supporting background he may have been a better team player though.

Two great playes no question. But Tommy lived, breathed, ate, slept Nebraska. No player has ever had the tenacity, desire and love for this program. He still has it to this day.

That is one thing that I do wish VT had. More tradition.

VT's great players before 1999?

Bruce smith, antonie freeman...

Thats about it.

Nebraska has great, great tradition. College football needs you back to full strength and Bo has yall on the way there

Thanks, loved playing VT these past 2 seasons. Would love to see a standard series every so often, you guys are great. As far as greatest QB's in NU history, there is a segment that still swears by Turner Gill.

Frazier and it isn't close. Crouch was great but as good as he was and as many unbeliveable plays as he made, Frazier made it look like he could tell a defense exactly what he was going to do, and still score whenever he wanted.

And if we're talking taking a guy to win one game? Frazier was the greatest big game QB I've ever seen. When the stakes were highest he just got it done, not to mention the fact that he was also one of the best leaders in the game.