Eric crouch vs tommie frazier

Athletically I go with Crouch, but I would much rather have Frazier as my startin QB.

My sentiments exactly. Athletically, you can't deny that Crouch was a better athlete. But as far as being the general of a football team and having that knack of just winning and winning big, you have to go to Frazier.

Don't get me wrong, Frazier was a phenomenal athlete. But he will be remembered by me for his command of the team, and not for his big plays.

I seem to recall a Florida team, the number one team in the nation laying all over the ground after Tommie, faked them juked and flat ran over them. That was the greatest run I have ever seen, against what was supposed to be the best team in the nation by far.

I've met Tommie on 4 or 5 occasions. He played golf at my club a couple of times and did a fund raiser here along with Boyd Eppley. The first time I met him was in our main mall. He was there with his fiance, a local girl, and I was about speechless when I recognized him. I just said, "Tommie Frazier?" he replied, "That's right," I blurted, "Can I get an autograph?" He said he didn't really do that but he did take time to shake my hand. The next time I ran into him was at the golf course and amazingly he remembered me. We talked for a bit while we were waiting at the first tee. This time he offered to get his picture taken with me. Needless to say it is a prized collectible and hangs in our Husker Room. Oh, and by the way, a year later he autographed the photo for me and stood for a picture with my son.

The choice here is hands down, Tommie Frazier, after all, "How many tackles can one man break? Holy cow, Tommie Fraaazzzzzzzzier."

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

I seem to recall a Florida team, the number one team in the nation laying all over the ground after Tommie, faked them juked and flat ran over them. That was the greatest run I have ever seen, against what was supposed to be the best team in the nation by far.

Sorry 'skers' FU was ranked 2 but was considered the favorite.

The unfortunate thing for Florida was that 'the Ole Ball Coach' brought fresh seafood for lunch and the Huskers ate it.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Without a doubt Tommie. His one year stint as a coach didn't work well because he expected so much from his players that many just quit. How Eddie George ever got the Heisman over TF is beyond me........ well not exactly. Big 10 crap. I'd say my #2 pick would be Gill and #3 would be Frost his senior season. He came a long ways in his 2 years here. Crouch may have been a great athlete but everyone just put 8 in the box and we couldn't do anything about it. That may have been some of Frankie's play calling also. Do you think Brook Berringer would have been something else in today's offenses? Without him Tommie may not have gotten one of those championships.

Crouch was great, but Frazier was my favorite, by far.

Both great athletes and Captains of the Husker ship. I admire TF because his ability to walk alone and not needing to be liked; all he did was win and if that wasn't your focus you could keep on walking.

I appreciate Crouch, but one of the first things that comes to my mind when I hear his name is Coach Solich driving to Omaha to convince him to stay on the team when he felt threatened by Newcome. TF welcomed a challenge was all about what would make the team better.

the thing I liked about Crouch was that he would deliver a hit on every play. I think the guy never went out of bounds. He also had less talent around him than Frazier.

Frazier was the man on a great team. his TEAMS were fun to watch. When EC was playing, you knew he was going to have to carry the team on his back--and most of the time he did.

Frazier he knew when to hand off and when to keep the ball. He had the quickness and moves while crouch had the speed.

Crouch was a one man team and was the beginning and the end of the option at Nebraska.

Solich was programmed into making the QB the whole team, and not bothering incorporating the fb and rb into the schemes during Crouch career and after. Lord tried and failed then with the crying of option being outdated even though it was the defense that was costing Nebraska games. Nebraska Athletic Director Pederson jumped and used this as a reason to change the offensive philosophy. Enter Callahan and the rest is history.

I met Tommie a few years back in Hattiesburg, MS when the Huskers played Southern Miss. I had my Frazier jersey on, and walking up the ramp to go to my seat, when someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I like that jersey." I looked over to say thanks, and it was Tommie. I took a pic w/ him and it truly was one of the most exciting moments of my life. He was my idol as a teenager and was able to do some things that many great players before (and after) him were unable to do.