Nebraska and Boise

Interesting article I found while on Yahoo sports

Boise BCS blocked

Boise State is pretty much offering to go to any major opponent's stadium to play a non-conference game in 2011 and in return, they would not even have to play in Idaho. I noticed that the date they are wanting to play that there is no Husker opponent scheduled. How incredible of an opportunity would this be for Nebraska to fill their schedule with a quality non-conference opponent in addition to the financial prospects of not having to pay a Sun Belt like team, nor give up a home game next year.

What do the rest of you think? I say, bring on the Broncos!

Sounds good to me, looks like we do still need a game in 2011. But long run, if Boise wants to be a BCS respected opponent, they need to get into a BCS conference. I think the Pac 10 would be their only shot due to the geography, but you never know. I could see Utah and Boise St going to the Pac 10 someday if they sustain this level.

I'd love to see the Smurfs in LINCOLN!! Go Huskers! And we offered them a 2 in Norman, 1 in potatoland not long after the Fiesta bowl debacle, but they said, "No, thanks". Don't know what they're whining about now, almost lost to stinking LA Tech. BCS IS A JOKE!!!! BSU couldn't beat a fraction of the Big 12. Ok, rant over, but I hope it happens! I'd love to see them in Norman, revenge would be sweet!

La Tech tossed that game. You're down 20 at half and boise starts with the ball in the 3rd. A pick 6 is great but they were in scoring range, then you answer their field goal with a score, kick an onside kick and score again to pull within 2. Boise drives and misses a chipshot field goal and what do they do? Punt on 4th and 1. Boise should've scored all three times but blew it. I love how teams are getting beat soundly and they pull out all the stops and then when the game is close they turn conservative as though they are suddenly on the same talent level. Grrrr. Take the game. Go for it. Your defense wasn't holding them they were just getting some breaks. Your qb was on fire running and passing the ball...

Speaking of Boise State...

Is there anyone else who is like me? Who thinks that if it came right down to it, Nebraska could/should beat all of these new "pretenders" in the top ten? Can you really see us losing to Boise State, TCU, Cincinnati or even Iowa?

I know... we'd probably lose, but it's hard to believe. Just like Oklahoma may have lost three games, but they won't lose to Kansas.

I just grew up in that era of Powerhouse teams... and it's so hard to believe how the worm has turned. Wake me up when everything is back to normal.

Speaking of Boise State...

Is there anyone else who is like me? Who thinks that if it came right down to it, Nebraska could/should beat all of these new "pretenders" in the top ten? Can you really see us losing to Boise State, TCU, Cincinnati or even Iowa?

I know... we'd probably lose, but it's hard to believe. Just like Oklahoma may have lost three games, but they won't lose to Kansas.

I just grew up in that era of Powerhouse teams... and it's so hard to believe how the worm has turned. Wake me up when everything is back to normal.

who would of thought in the year 2009 Nebraska and Oklahoma would be playing with the winner just becoming bowl eligible. It's Crazy