Favorite "home grown" Huskers

cscott2win

• 5 years later...

I’m not from Nebraska so my “Home Grown” favorites are the two guys that played for NU from my hometown in Southwest Iowa.

Todd Millikan

Van Brownson

Obviously you must be from Shenandoah, I moved to Tabor in 5th grade, went to FM HS. I graduated the same year as Millikan. He was a great baseball player to. Had offers from the likes of Okie St. to play. My claim to fame is that we played them in baseball and he threw a 1 hitter against us. I got the hit. Stuck my bat out and blooped a single over the shortstops head. The other time we played them he played center field and literally threw some one out from the fence at home Ala Bo Jackson.

Todd Frain was from Treynor. He was a couple years ahead of me. He played TE at NU also. Was kinda a jerk in HS like all guys from Treynor.

Mike Fultz - Lincoln High School

He was an assistant coach while I was at LHS. Tough coach, but not overly so. I didn't play D, so I never got a chance to get coached by him outside of being yelled to hustle. I sure hustled every time I was around him though.

B. Rudd

Mack brothers

"Its Schlesinger! Its Schlesinger" just for that one call and touchdown alone. Cory will live in the heart of many as the pure image of what a fullback should be and for the beauty of the 'trap' play run to perfection.

Johnny the Jet for the most famous call in Husker history "Man, Women and Child that put them in the isle"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOlzDJiaDw

I think Roger Craig should count as home grown...I mean Iowa is just Nebraska with trees and you can actually see Memorial Stadium from Davenport if the light is just right.

Also Todd Frain who was from Treynor (and got his ass kicked by yours truely through four years of high school...said no one ever) which is actually just a suburb of Omaha. I mean, really...have you ever heard anyone in the history of the United States say..."Oh yeah...I moved to that thriving village of Treynor, Iowa to advance my career in feed store management." No...they live there so they can drive to Omaha to go to work and then go back to Treynor to produce giant children...

• Fire 1

Ken Clark!

Graduated from Bryan and was the most

dominate RB in the state his Junior and

Senior years.

I beliebe he was born in Georgia but I know

he attended Bryan his Freshman through

Senior years.

If my memory recall is correct, I do believe

he had a respectable career at Nebraska.

Ken Clark had more than a respectable career at NU. He was a great player, and had outrushed Barry Sanders in a super high-scoring game against Okie State in 1987.