I hope its not true.

BUT due to Mr Pelini's creative and colorful language (not criticizing just making a point) I wouldn't be suprised it it happened.

I hope this is a joke. If not, you don't know much about just about every other coach we had aside from TO back in the 90s.

TO was just as animated on the sidelines as Bo is now during the 70's. He became the TO we know now after he grew into the job. It happens with all coaches. Bo will go through this transition with age.

Ron and Turner have known each other for 30 years and I beleve they share many of the same values. I don't think it would surprise me to see him leave for KU but I would hate to see it happen.

T_O_B

If by "values", you mean love for Jesus as their savior, then yes they definitely have the same values.

This is hard to judge, on one hand it wouldn't surprise me but on the other hand it would :dunno

Actually Turner's staff is filling up quite fast. I believe the Tight ends, and receivers coaching positions have been filled. Where else could he coach?

I'm pretty sure Coach Brown could coach about anywhere on offense, and with some dusting up he could probably handle most of defense and special teams as well. He's been in the coaching business for 27 years and he's coached both sides of the ball. There probably isn't a lot about football that Coach Brown doesn't know.

Actually Turner's staff is filling up quite fast. I believe the Tight ends, and receivers coaching positions have been filled. Where else could he coach?

Sounds like Gill is hiring some real recruiting studs as his assistants.

Reggie Mitchell hasn't been officially announced but he is a definite. He's the former Illinois assistant and was under Glen Mason at Kansas. He knows what it is like to recruit in Lawrence.

Daryl Wyatt is expected to return to Kansas. He is offensive coordinator at Southern Miss. and has worked at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and Kansas previously. He was part of the ones who helped Oklahoma recruit those high caliber athletes when they were making their big run. He was hands deep in recruiting Adrian Peterson, and had uncovered unknown WR prospect super star Juaquin Iglesias from central Texas who was drafted by the Chicago Bears. He will get KU recruiting into central Texas, where they were unable to get prospects under the previous regime.

Quinn Meachum has committed to Kansas. Quinn is a JUCO out of Snow junior college in Utah. The dual threat Quarterback who can really throw it.

I hope its not true.

BUT due to Mr Pelini's creative and colorful language (not criticizing just making a point) I wouldn't be suprised it it happened.

I hope this is a joke. If not, you don't know much about just about every other coach we had aside from TO back in the 90s.

TO was just as animated on the sidelines as Bo is now during the 70's. He became the TO we know now after he grew into the job. It happens with all coaches. Bo will go through this transition with age.

No, that's not true at all. Osborne did show more emotion early in his career than later, and he did a bit of jawing with the refs, but I don't recall him ever throwing his headset or anything like that, never drew a penalty for arguing with the refs, and "dadgummit" was about as close to swearing as he got.

Brown used to be a hot name when TO was here. Could've even coached in the NFL. Could've been HC at his alma mater Brown. He could've coached elsewhere when BC canned him. He didn't, he stayed. He has roots and a ministry here. This is where he wants to be.

:yeah Ron Brown didn't leave the first time Gill got a job and he wasn't even in coaching then. I really can't see him leaving for KU, especially if he his making a lateral move, which is all I can see.

Considering that Turner just announced his full staff and Ron Brown isn't on it, this rumor is officially dead.............for this year anyway.

Gill announces full coaching staff

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

By Dugan Arnett

Kansas University football coach Turner Gill officially announced his 10-man coaching staff Tuesday, a group that includes two former KU assistants and 213 years of college coaching experience.

Joining offensive coordinator Chuck Long, defensive coordinator Carl Torbush and special teams coordinator/tight-ends coach Aaron Stamn, who were named as coaches on Dec. 14, will be J.B. Grimes (offensive line), Reggie Mitchell (running backs/recruiting coordinator), Vic Shealy (cornerbacks), Robert Wimberly (safeties) Buddy Wyatt (defensive line) and Darrell Wyatt (co-offensive coordinator/wide receivers).

Advertisement

Long will also coach quarterbacks, meanwhile, while Torbush will be in charge of linebackers.

“This is a phenomenal staff, which has a passion to develop the skills for life and football for student-athletes,” Gill said in a statement. “We will make sure each student-athlete, by the end of his career, reaches his full potential on and off the field.”

Grimes has served as the offensive line coach at Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, East Carolina and, most recently, Mississippi State, where he served for four seasons.

Mitchell, who spent the past five seasons as an assistant head coach/recruiting coordinator/running backs coach at Illinois, arrives in Lawrence as a highly regarded recruiter, particularly in the Chicago and East St. Louis areas, having been credited with bringing quarterbacks Juice Williams and Nathan Scheelhaase — a former standout at Missouri’s Rockhurst High — to Illinois and luring future No. 2 NFL Draft pick Charles Rogers to Michigan State.

Durring a nearly 24-year coaching career, Shealy has coached at six schools, including Baylor, Austin Peay and Air Force, where he served alongside former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner. As head coach at Azusa Pacific he led the school to its first-ever NAIA national championship in 1998 and was named NAIA national coach of the year.

Wimberly, who spent the 2009 season as the linebackers coach at Buffalo, is the only coach Gill brought with him from the Bulls program, where he spent four seasons as head coach before arriving at Kansas.

Buddy Wyatt, who spent the past two seasons as defensive line coach at Texas A&M, has previously served at Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Northwestern, Colorado, Alabama and Nebraska.

In the past two seasons at Southern Miss., meanwhile, Darrell Wyatt helped the Golden Eagles' offense to one of their most successful stretches in school history. Last season, the team broke 36 offensive school records, and finished ranked 20th nationally in total offense, while this year's team finished 7-6, falling 42-32 to Middle Tennessee in the New Orleans Bowl.

Mitchell and Darrell Wyatt both previously served as KU assistants.

“As people look at this staff, it is noticeable the vast experience the group has and the excellence they have achieved in their coaching careers,” Gill said.

2010 Kansas Football Full-Time Coaching Staff

Head Coach – Turner Gill (North Texas, 1990)

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks – Chuck Long (Iowa, 1985)

Offensive Line – J.B. Grimes (Henderson State, 1977)

Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator – Aaron Stamn (Minnesota State-Mankato, 2002)

Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers – Darrell Wyatt (Kansas State, 1989)

Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator – Reggie Mitchell (Central Michigan, 1981)

Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers – Carl Torbush (Carson Newman, 1974)

Defensive Line – Buddy Wyatt (TCU, 1990)

Cornerbacks – Vic Shealy (Richmond, 1984)

Safeties – Robert Wimberly (Alabama A&M, 2002)

KUSports.com - Gill announces full coaching staff