Zac Lee-torn tendon in elbow

WCHusker

LJS Story

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...ve_surgery.html

The junior quarterback has had a significant tear develop throughout this season to a tendon on his throwing elbow after injurying his wrist in the Arkansas State game.

"I guess from favoring (my wrist) or something like that I have what you would call a fairly extensive tear on my flexor tendon," Lee said after Wednesday's win over Arizona. "It's just been something you have to play with, something you have to function with. It's just a decent amount of pain the elbow when you throw."

Wow, you talk about my feelings toward that young man (and the O as a whole) taking a complete 180.

Man, what a gutsy kid. Wow. Considering that Keith Williams had a significant injury (I think I read that) and that Helu and Rex had them and these guys still did what they did....and didn't complain or point fingers-man, I was so wrong about so many things on that side of the ball.

Now, I see why Watson said what he did about throwing it all on the table. Holy smokes. Did they ever.

I feel horrible for being so down on the Offense this season....I will gladly eat crow and take back every dang thing I have said about Zac, the offense and the staff on that side of the ball.

How does nu hide something like this for so long. Makes me wonder about Green and why watson favored an injured QB over him.

Probably because he won games? Was Lee not head and shoulders better than Green tonight? I hope Lee recovers, he's proven to be a gamer this year, add the confidence of the bowl victory and he could have a great season next year.

How does nu hide something like this for so long. Makes me wonder about Green and why watson favored an injured QB over him.

Because CG is just a freshman and to saddle him with the burden of the season would probably ruin him. Way too much pressure. Plus, I think that would make CG a bigger target...and if word got out about Zac, he'd be getting his arm yanked on in every dogpile.

Lee played fantastic tonight. Even his runs were great, I was downright astounded. Hearing the news about his wrist actually gets me hopeful, because I assume he's been playing somewhat injured all season. If his surgery goes successfully, our O-line gets better in the offseason, he is going to be very good. I've always thought his passes looked great. He has been through a lot, has had his receivers drop a lot on him earlier on, and I'm glad to see him go into the offseason on a great note and with some confidence. Good for him.

Wow, you talk about my feelings toward that young man (and the O as a whole) taking a complete 180.

Man, what a gutsy kid. Wow. Considering that Keith Williams had a significant injury (I think I read that) and that Helu and Rex had them and these guys still did what they did....and didn't complain or point fingers-man, I was so wrong about so many things on that side of the ball.

Now, I see why Watson said what he did about throwing it all on the table. Holy smokes. Did they ever.

I feel horrible for being so down on the Offense this season....I will gladly eat crow and take back every dang thing I have said about Zac, the offense and the staff on that side of the ball.

Me too!!! This really explains a-lot. I will say though, the biggest improvement was the offensive line, WOW. They were blowing Arizona off the ball all night, it was amazing to watch. If we have had this kind of O line play all season we may be undefeated or a 1 loss team. We saw tonight what Zac and the RB can do when they actually have HOLES to run through.

Arizona was no slouch, many on this board thought they could easily beat us and the Huskers just obliterated them. I don't know about all of you, but I am very GEEKED about what next season holds for the Huskers and us fans.

wow..... that explains why he never gunned the ball. i thought it was just a lack of confidence. i have a lot of respect for the kid.

:yeah

Earlier this year i questioned the talk about his big arm because he seemed to under throw long balls and never seemed to be able to throw past 10-15 yds down field. I suspect his elbow injury has alot to do with this.

This explains a lot as far as errant throws.

If that's the case, what bothers me is he was still our best available QB, even with a significant injury to his throwing arm! :hmmph

Hope he recovers and is able to play like a Sun Belt Champion ALL SEASON next year! :w00t