En-dom-ah-ken

JTrain

I know it has become somewhat of an ongoing joke with the national media how difficult Ndamukong is to pronounce, but please, it really isn't that hard. I still can't believe that 80% of the national media, now months after his breakthrough performance against Mizzou and over a month after the Big 12 title game, still cannot for the life of them pronounce it. Although I think pronouncing the best player in the league's name should be expected of people that are paid to talk about sports, I was nice enough to let it go because it was the national media. They have a lot of teams and players to cover, so I tried to excuse them. But what I really couldn't believe was Nebraska's own journalists not knowing the correct pronunciation. A few weeks ago I watched Sipple blatantly mispronounce it. Unreal... and then I just heard Christopherson butcher it even worse. Are they serious?

En - DOM - ah - ken

En as in huskers_logo_small.jpg. DOM as in "dominate." - ah - ken (not "con" or "kong"!)

Here is Christopherson (scroll to bottom) discussing "In-DAM-eh-kong" Suh...

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/08...f7177049007.txt

Odighizuwa really is not that difficult. It's pronounced as it looks. Ndamukong shouldnt be either, just the last g is silent. I dont understand why people cant pronounce these so called tricky names.

I see what you mean...bout how would the average person know the g is silent??? They wouldn't..we all think it should be easy because we have been saying it for 5 years...but im sure there are plenty of players on others teams that would butcher their names like other people do with Suh

Odighizuwa really is not that difficult. It's pronounced as it looks. Ndamukong shouldnt be either, just the last g is silent. I dont understand why people cant pronounce these so called tricky names.

I see what you mean...bout how would the average person know the g is silent??? They wouldn't..we all think it should be easy because we have been saying it for 5 years...but im sure there are plenty of players on others teams that would butcher their names like other people do with Suh

5 Years and people still are saying it wrong. I come in contact with NU fan that still call him Na-dom-a-king and Un-doom-a-kin.