SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

I dont see anywhere in that article where it says Carnes is expected to sign with WKU.

Yea me neither. It just confirmed that he had a visit with us and WKU. If anything it ruled out USF for Carnes.

I just went back to the blogger's site and noticed he edited his original statement about 20 min. ago. Now it reads like this:

Carnes is making his official visit to Western Kentucky and could sign there.

It's under the Headline >

Recruiting Radar: USF pulls offer to Carnes, makes pitch to Gunsby ... and other tidbits

Posted January 29, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated Jan 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM

^^Note the bolded update below the headline.

Silent verbal for almost two days now.

What's the point in being a silent verbal? How stupid is that! Is he planning on sneaking away and hoping nobody notices that he's gone. :bang I feel better now, can't wait till he's N.

does he follow that up with an invisible signature on his letter of intent? :moreinteresting

• Fire 1

How Nebraska is in a recruiting battle with WKU blows me away............

I agree but the only thing that WKU has going for them is their head coach and his relationship w/ Carnes. Only 4 more days of this crap and all of our questions will be answered.

I agree but the only thing that WKU has going for them is their head coach and his relationship w/ Carnes. Only 4 more days of this crap and all of our questions will be answered.

You forgot one other thing. It's alot closer to home for a kid who was never on a plane before he came N.

Silent verbal for almost two days now.

What's the point in being a silent verbal? How stupid is that! Is he planning on sneaking away and hoping nobody notices that he's gone. :bang I feel better now, can't wait till he's N.

Its so he can have the signing day press and not loose out on his spot in the class. told the coaches he is N but said keep it quite so i can announce on signing day i wanna do the hat thing. but the problem is he is only gonna have two hats on the table with not having a USF offer any more.

You forgot one other thing. It's alot closer to home for a kid who was never on a plane before he came N.

isnt WKU in its first or second year of being in a bcs sub division...... a great get for such a young program at this level.....

if he goes there......

isnt WKU in its first or second year of being in a bcs sub division...... a great get for such a young program at this level.....

if he goes there......

Yes. WKU entered the Sun Belt conference in 2009.

You are correct and thanks for bringing that up

Thought the same thing a handful of years ago when Mike Jenkins had it come down to us and South Florida. They were just beginning to be recognized as an up and coming team. I thought if this guy is serious at all about football, he'll be N. Now he's a pro bowl db. :w00t

Thought the same thing a handful of years ago when Mike Jenkins had it come down to us and South Florida. They were just beginning to be recognized as an up and coming team. I thought if this guy is serious at all about football, he'll be N. Now he's a pro bowl db. :w00t

Reports coming out that Carnes committed to Western Kentucky. Not good news for Husker fans. :ahhhhhhhh

Reports coming out that Carnes committed to Western Kentucky. Not good news for Husker fans. :ahhhhhhhh

:facepalm:

Damn, I really had a gut feeling that this might happen, and sure enough....

By JOHN LEMBO - jlembo@bradenton.com

Brion Carnes has made his choice.

The Manatee High quarterback said Saturday he has committed to Western Kentucky, where he was taking his official visit this weekend.

The decision caps a whirlwind recruiting process for Carnes, who verbally committed to University of South Florida last winter but was told Friday the Bulls had withdrawn their scholarship offer.

Carnes never rescinded his commitment after Bulls coach Jim Leavitt was fired earlier this month, but opened his options. After USF dropped him, his choices were down to WKU and Nebraska.

He chose the Hilltoppers, home to a pair of locals — WKU head coach Willie Taggart was a standout player at Manatee, and the team's new defensive line coach, Raymond Woodie, was the head coach at Bayshore and Palmetto.

Carnes became the first freshman quarterback to start at Manatee under head coach Joe Kinnan in 2006, and helped the Hurricanes to the Class 5A state final four that year en route to throwing for roughly 6,000 yards in his career.

This past fall, he threw for 2,245 yards and 24 touchdowns in helping of the Hurricanes go 13-2 and reach the state final for the first time since Taggart helped the Hurricanes do so in 1993.

After competing in the Football Championship Subdivision — formerly Division I-AA — WKU is now a Division I program and a member of the Sun Belt Conference.

LINK