SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Talman just posted a thread on HI that would suggest Carnes will announce his decision on signing day as well. Can anyone confirm?

Tis true.

Confirmed:

"Four-star QB target Brion Carnes tells me via text that he will also announce on Signing Day along with the other big remaining Nebraska targets."

"So Carnes, Corey Cooper and Owamagbe Odighizuwa will all announce on Signing Day from what we've confirmed this week."

Gotta be honest with ya'll. I really don't like the sound of that. As exciting as next Wednesday could be for all of us, Nebraska has a track record of getting screwed in situations like this.

Talman just posted a thread on HI that would suggest Carnes will announce his decision on signing day as well. Can anyone confirm?

Tis true.

Confirmed:

"Four-star QB target Brion Carnes tells me via text that he will also announce on Signing Day along with the other big remaining Nebraska targets."

"So Carnes, Corey Cooper and Owamagbe Odighizuwa will all announce on Signing Day from what we've confirmed this week."

Gotta be honest with ya'll. I really don't like the sound of that. As exciting as next Wednesday could be for all of us, Nebraska has a track record of getting screwed in situations like this.

It's never a good thing when a kid drags it out till the end. It's kind of like icing a kicker, if you let em think about it too long they just might blow it!

I don't want to toot my own horn, but the Rivals boards are lighting up what I reported here Thursday around noon. Everybody's sources are all agree that Carnes is a silent commit, in case you needed more backbone to the claim. A great day for the QB position for the Huskers. :koolaid2:

Tough to argue that Owa & Cooper wouldn't be our best recruits of this class (if we get 'em). But, Carnes might just be the playmaker we need. We're pretty well set on defense. It's offense we're having the most trouble with, and Carnes definitely has the makings of fixing those offensive woes.

The upside of announcing on signing day is that the letters are faxed. It's pretty much signed, sealed and delivered. And the drama is over.

Except for the fact it all happened on signing day.

No. Drama is when we get effed on signing day because people that are committed to us or do something like emmitt did on signing day.... if the kids come out, without being committed prior (or wearing our stuff), and sign with another school, itll be just like thats their original committment or whatever to us. don't see how you get that....

Tough to argue that Owa & Cooper wouldn't be our best recruits of this class (if we get 'em). But, Carnes might just be the playmaker we need. We're pretty well set on defense. It's offense we're having the most trouble with, and Carnes definitely has the makings of fixing those offensive woes.

I would still rank Hardrick 2nd behind Owa, that man is an IMPACT player.

Hardrick is also an immediate fix for an immediate need at OT.

People say that Cooper is a big need for the class, and I agree. But Yoshi is the BIGGEST need and it is not even close.

People say that Cooper is a big need for the class, and I agree. But Yoshi is the BIGGEST need and it is not even close.

Yoshi is the biggest immediate need. Cooper is a HUGE need for 2011. Not saying he couldn't contribute next year, but after 2010, safeties could be PJ and Cooper. Getting that extra year in this system is big.

Yoshi is the biggest immediate need. Cooper is a HUGE need for 2011. Not saying he couldn't contribute next year, but after 2010, safeties could be PJ and Cooper. Getting that extra year in this system is big.

I agree we could really used Cooper. But we do have Courtney Osborne as well. Harvey Jackson is also on board this year.

With this said we really need to sign a safety next year.

I agree we could really used Cooper. But we do have Courtney Osborne as well. Harvey Jackson is also on board this year.

With this said we really need to sign a safety next year.

Be nice to have the depth especially since we played with 3 safeties on the field almost the entire year.