SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

How Good is this "Cranes" kid anyway. We already have a QB that can run and can't pass very well. I like Cody the kid. He needs to rebook his flight to the frozen tundra of N.

Maybe you should call Bo and Watson and warn them before they make such a huge mistake?

facepalm.gifnutkick.gif

Give HuskerCrazy a break, he played with Ritch Bahe (that's how his name is spelled Crazy) - in a 1971 HS conference championship game. I didn't know Scottsbluff ever played in the same conference as Fremont but, as EZ would say - I've learned to take HC's word as Gospel. Such a close tie to the Husker football program warrants a little respect around here. :)

• Fire 1

How Good is this "Cranes" kid anyway. We already have a QB that can run and can't pass very well. I like Cody the kid. He needs to rebook his flight to the frozen tundra of N.

Maybe you should call Bo and Watson and warn them before they make such a huge mistake?

facepalm.gifnutkick.gif

Give HuskerCrazy a break, he played with Ritch Bahe (that's how his name is spelled Crazy) - in a 1971 HS conference championship game. I didn't know Scottsbluff ever played in the same conference as Fremont but, as EZ would say - I've learned to take HC's word as Gospel. Such a close tie to the Husker football program warrants a little respect around here. :)

if he's that old, maybe his memory is going out?

facepalm.gifnutkick.gif

if he's that old, maybe his memory is going out?

possible - fortunately if he forgets a fact or two he can just Goggle it.

I will give HuskerCrazy credit for giving us a cool nickname for Brion. I can hear Greg Sharpe now, "NU ball at the MU 40. Carnes takes the snap, Carnes fakes the handoff, rolls right, Carnes takes off down the right sideline! 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5......TOUCHDOWN HUSKERS! The Crane takes it to the house!!"

I will give HuskerCrazy credit for giving us a cool nickname for Brion. I can hear Greg Sharpe now, "NU ball at the MU 40. Carnes takes the snap, Carnes fakes the handoff, rolls right, Carnes takes off down the right sideline! 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5......TOUCHDOWN HUSKERS! The Crane takes it to the house!!"

After every completion the croud will chant "Whoop! Whoop!" (HuskerCrazy - that was a whooping crane reference in case you are as slow as we all assume you are) (just messin w/ ya man)

After every completion the croud will chant "Whoop! Whoop!" (HuskerCrazy - that was a whooping crane reference in case you are as slow as we all assume you are) (just messin w/ ya man)

That is great! Just think, everyone was worried that we wouldn't have a cool chant to say now that Suh is gone.

If our huskerboard speculation is true, which because it is based upon facts and logic it probably isnt far from the truth; How is this for a QB this late in the game?

From Tampabay.com

It was rumored that both Sanders and Carnes would go elsewhere. Gamecocks were suppose to be the choice of Sanders a week ago and speculation before Carnes trip to NU was that Carnes would eventually commit to NU if he liked his trip. Sanders should confirm this today.

Report: WR Sanders commits to Gamecocks

Just to follow up, PalmettoSports.com is reporting that Bradenton Manatee receiver Ace Sanders committed to South Carolina this morning, giving his pledge to a Gamecocks assistant who was visiting Manatee's campus.

"I can't confirm anything until Ace says I can confirm something," said Manatee coach Joe Kinnan, asked about the report.

It's a key loss for the Bulls, who could still lose Manatee quarterback Brion Carnes to a late push from Nebraska, which has recruited Manatee well since Tom Osborne's days in Lincoln. The question now is how strong USF's other options are at receiver -- can they land a solid player in the final week of the recruiting season?

January 28, 2010 in Football, Recruiting | Permalink

Comments

If our huskerboard speculation is true, which because it is based upon facts and logic it probably isnt far from the truth; How is this for a QB this late in the game?

From Tampabay.com

It was rumored that both Sanders and Carnes would go elsewhere. Gamecocks were suppose to be the choice of Sanders a week ago and speculation before Carnes trip to NU was that Carnes would eventually commit to NU if he liked his trip. Sanders should confirm this today.

Just to follow up, PalmettoSports.com is reporting that Bradenton Manatee receiver Ace Sanders committed to South Carolina this morning, giving his pledge to a Gamecocks assistant who was visiting Manatee's campus.

"I can't confirm anything until Ace says I can confirm something," said Manatee coach Joe Kinnan, asked about the report.

It's a key loss for the Bulls, who could still lose Manatee quarterback Brion Carnes to a late push from Nebraska, which has recruited Manatee well since Tom Osborne's days in Lincoln. The question now is how strong USF's other options are at receiver -- can they land a solid player in the final week of the recruiting season?

Comments

I think the writing is on the wall when it comes to Cranes :horns2

Great find Schuh.

I agree WVhusker. :horns2

You guys are funny in thinking I am Cody because I said "cranes" isn't coming. I graduated for Scottsbluff in 72. I played Linebacker againist a guy I think was called Rich Bah for the conf champion ship in 71 who played for N. You ever heard of a place called the Gas Light that has some of the best Steaks in Western Nebraska. Goggle it you cornhead!

My Dad is a '72 grad from Gering. You probably played against him as well.

The Gas Light is pretty good. I think it's better now than I ever remember. And they still have Family Style!! :lol:

Ok, back on topic now. Sorry for the derail.

i dont think anyone that is a husker fan would call another husker fan a cornhead.... :facepalm:

BTW Nebraska is one of the only states you CANT shoot "cranes". The platte river is one of the biggest refugees for cranes in the US and they are treated like royalty here.... you see Carnes, NE has got your back already!!!

• Fire 1

From Tampabay.com

Comments

I think the writing is on the wall when it comes to Cranes :horns2

Great find Schuh.

I agree WVhusker. :horns2

Sanders commits to c$%ks!!! Sorry, I mean't Gamecocks.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100128/PSPORTS02/100129667/-1/PSPORTS