SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Wow, I just noticed something looking at Brion and Bronson's profiles, which are currently side by side on the 2010 Profile page. According to our stats, they are both 6', but BRONSON is 20 lbs heavier and his 40 is .14 of a second faster. Wow- surprised me. I bet a lot of you would not have guess Bronson would be the bigger, faster athlete off the top of your heads either. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Husker staff is recruiting Bronson as a safety prospect and the gray shirt offer is as a safety prospect so the comparisons may not be necessary. (per rivals) "Means said Nebraska is recruiting Marsh as a safety and not a quarterback."

Bronson's task may be even taller if we do in fact land Corey Cooper.

Either way I think it would be a big mistake not to take the offer. A year as grayshirt, a year as a redshirt and still have 4 more years to earn playing time. Sounds like a no brainer.

I do not think Cranes is coming. To far and to cold. Bo better move on to the next guy. He's got one week

Bo isnt going to take a QB because he has to.

He will get a QB because he wants one in this class. You will see in 7days or less.

I'm just refering to what Bo has already stated in comment about this year's recruiting class. "He isn't going to take a QB because he has to."

You make it sound like we are desperate for a QB this year. Ive never known Bo Pelini to be desperate.

But i will agree with Caveman, its either going to be those 4 QB's that we might pick up, but even if all 4 don't commit, its not like its going to a huge problem that we didn't a QB in the 2010 recruiting class.

Goggle it cornhead!

wtf is "goggle"?

I think google is a new information gathering place... kind of like a phone book perhaps since he wants you to find a restaurant.

It's all about the attention to detail... goggle =/= google.

It cracks me up that the Carnes/Cranes topic has blown up and now goggle vs google. Note to self: No Typos!!! :nutz

Jesus, there needs to be a basic Husker quiz that people have to pass to be able to post...

"Cranes" loved his visit and is all but officially N at this point. Some people amaze me with their posts.

Loveing a vist and leaving home when it was your first Airplane ride is a whole nother thing. This kid probably felt a 20 degree temp for the first time in his life. Some people in the south die and have never seen snow their entire life.The kid that comitted to Tenn like his visit and still when back and comitted to Tenn. If he was all but official he would have canceled his trip WV. This is a 50/50 deal.

You do not have to spill right to be right and if you make a lot of money you can let other people check your work . Will see who's right in 7 days and if he doesn't sign with us I'll look you

Fulton is said to be putting up a screen that he is "committed to Tenn 100%." Other teams are still actively recruiting him and we are not at all totally out of it for him.

HuskerCrazy = Cody Fajarno himself or a close family member.

Fajarno, you arent doing yourself any favors at all by doing what you are doing. We know that you are visiting this weekend and if Bo decides to offer you then good for you man. If the coaches want you then I want you too. But dont come onto our board and do this man. It isnt cool.

:laughpound Except I believe it's "Fajardo."

I think the miss-spelling is because of the miss-spelling of Carnes.

:yeah

:)

You guys are funny in thinking I am Cody because I said "cranes" isn't coming. I graduated for Scottsbluff in 72. I played Linebacker againist a guy I think was called Rich Bah for the conf champion ship in 71 who played for N. You ever heard of a place called the Gas Light that has some of the best Steaks in Western Nebraska. Goggle it you cornhead!

You graduated? Really? Coulda fooled me. Reading your posts make my eyes hurt! Apparently English class wasn't one of your strong points. :ahhhhhhhh:nutz

Will see who's right in 7 days and if he doesn't sign with us I will let you know about it.

I bet you will Cody.

You guys are funny in thinking I am Cody because I said "cranes" isn't coming. I graduated for from Scottsbluff in 72. I played Llinebacker againist against a guy I think was called Rich Bah for the conf champion ship championship in 71 who played for N. You ever heard of a place called the Gas Light that has some of the best Ssteaks in Wwestern Nebraska.? Goggle Google it you cornhead!

...don't even get me started on the fact that it still reads like it was written by a 3rd grader.

• Fire 1

Wow, I just noticed something looking at Brion and Bronson's profiles, which are currently side by side on the 2010 Profile page. According to our stats, they are both 6', but BRONSON is 20 lbs heavier and his 40 is .14 of a second faster. Wow- surprised me. I bet a lot of you would not have guess Bronson would be the bigger, faster athlete off the top of your heads either. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Husker staff is recruiting Bronson as a safety prospect and the gray shirt offer is as a safety prospect so the comparisons may not be necessary. (per rivals) "Means said Nebraska is recruiting Marsh as a safety and not a quarterback."

Bronson's task may be even taller if we do in fact land Corey Cooper.

Either way I think it would be a big mistake not to take the offer. A year as grayshirt, a year as a redshirt and still have 4 more years to earn playing time. Sounds like a no brainer.

I do not think Cranes is coming. To far and to cold. Bo better move on to the next guy. He's got one week

Bo isnt going to take a QB because he has to.

He will get a QB because he wants one in this class. You will see in 7days or less.

I'm just refering to what Bo has already stated in comment about this year's recruiting class. "He isn't going to take a QB because he has to."

You make it sound like we are desperate for a QB this year. Ive never known Bo Pelini to be desperate.

But i will agree with Caveman, its either going to be those 4 QB's that we might pick up, but even if all 4 don't commit, its not like its going to a huge problem that we didn't a QB in the 2010 recruiting class.

HuskerCrazy, so you don't believe that Brion Carnes will commit, that is a fair opinion to have. After all NU didn't get back into the picture until really late. However I think there is a lot of smoke regarding Brion. First of all, a ton of Tampa area press and Message Boards all are saying that South Florida's shake up and actions of the new staff have burned too many bridges for Brion and his buddy Ace Sanders. There hasn't been any chatter of another Florida school really making a push for Brion yet, there was chatter of Oregon and a few others in Northern climates making a push though. Brion had a really good visit to NU, enough feedback to think that NU really did a good job. Brion's Coach said in a few interviews shortly after the visit that Watson had done a great job forging a relationship with Brion and that Brion really likes NU. Maybe Brion really loves the new HC at WKU, he is visiting there this weekend, and commits there, I just would be a bit shocked if WKU signed him over NU. I also don't think that there is a real chance that USF can win Brion back. The other thing you should consider is that Brion doesn't have to make a decision on or before February 3rd. Several of us have talked about the possibility that Brion doesn't make his decision until well after Signing Day, he doesn't have to sign until April. The mess at USF happened late in the process so I could definitely see the young man take some extra time to get his head straight.

Am i missing something? I looked @ RSS and at the HI page and on Carnes' page.. I couldn't find anything.. maybe i'm just not looking hard enough though. The teaser on the front page just links to the thread on RSS which still just talks about his coaches thoughts on him.

I think it's just a new/reworded link to the same message board discussion that was already up. Nothing really new to report, except that Watson is supposedly in the Tampa Bay area today. A guy from RSS was on the flight with him.

that's all there is. there really hasn't been a full interview or anything with him since the visit this past weekend

Not answering/returning calls according to the RSS guys. Not much they can do. If Watson really is visiting today, I'm sure we'll hear something fairly soon.