SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

At least the weather was decent yesterday... the weather always scares me when we are bringing guys in from the south in December and January.

i wonder what he is doing

at

this

exact

moment

my guess is watching the colts and the jets with some husker players

At least the weather was decent yesterday... the weather always scares me when we are bringing guys in from the south in December and January.

at

this

exact

moment

Or, he is looking at huskerboard to see if Owa has committed yet with some husker players :thumbs

:sarcasm

at

this

exact

moment

Or, he is looking at huskerboard to see if Owa has committed yet with some husker players :thumbs

:sarcasm

i'm sure the husker players already know if owa is N or not...i just wish one of them would join huskerboard and give the news already haha :cheers

Have no Fear Husker Greats!! Carnes has never been on a plane before this trip... so i'm guessing he's never seen snow before. Being a Texas kid... I understand the mentality that southerners have when it comes to snow. He's probably having the best time of his life seeing snow for the first time ever, flying first class on an airplane for the first time ever, and getting star treatment!! Since He's from Florida... the snow will add to the experience. Since we never get it, it's a treat not a burden!! : )

He also said that he has been texting Tommie alot, and that Tommie said he really approves of the coaching staff at nebraska.

So that's the good news. But the bad news comes in the form of the following quotes coming from his recent interview with Rivals:

"USF is still my number one school. Getting to know coach (Skip) Holtz was an honor last weekend and their new quarterback coach, coach (Peter) Vaas, was great too. He's real cool and I was able to learn a lot about them."

"I didn't get a chance to catch a lot of [Nebraska's] games this past season so part of the plan for this weekend is for me to watch some film of their offense to get a better feel for how I'd fit in."

I'm guessing this weekend's film session with Brion will go a little something like this. Watson: "And once again, that play would've worked if you were the QB."

wow that made my day!!!

Brion Carnes Prospective Schools. WKU, USF, NU

The Battle of the Stadiums...

3rd Place... Western Kentucky... looks like a division II stadium. Come on guys... even Baylor can do better than that.

DYIJNHZAOEEJRZH.20081006144738.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=5400

2nd Place... University of South Florida... holds 65,000 but considering they don't usually fill it up... this picture is a rareity. Oh yeah... and they have to share it with an NFL team, so it's not even theirs. It's got Buckaneer stuff all over it as you can see the giant pirate ship in the bottom left hand corner.

USF%2BNight.jpg

1st Place... University of Nebraska... holds 86,000+, sold out over 300 consecutive games. OH... and couldn't fit the entire stadium in a picture so it had to be taken with an arial shot... no big deal... you have to be in the sky to fit all of it in a picture.

NebraskaMemorialStadium.jpeg

Where would you want to spend your Saturday's?

• Fire 5

I think when it's all said and done, Brion has a very good chance of being N. Of course, Tommie will be giving him glowering reports of the glory days and the direction the program is headed. But I think he will see good opportunity here, and the visit probably went well. As has been reported before, USF may actually be out. I get the feeling the whole "It was an honor to meet Skip Holtz, they're still my #1" thing may be a smokescreen set up by Carnes, ala Fulton's "100% Vol" commitment.

Every once in a while, we snag a kid from Florida. Not common, but we do get ours. We snagged both Bell and Byrd from there last class, both of whom have good upside. Too bad Byrd never made it here. But I digress. One thing I've noticed about Bo and staff: in my eyes, they excel when it matters most, in home and official visits. By all reports, they do a great job when they get up close and personal with prospective players. They seem to be excellent at getting the guys they WANT. So, if Bo, Wats, and the rest of the staff really want Carnes as a player, I feel they'll find a way to get the kid N.

I think when it's all said and done, Brion has a very good chance of being N. Of course, Tommie will be giving him glowering reports of the glory days and the direction the program is headed. But I think he will see good opportunity here, and the visit probably went well. As has been reported before, USF may actually be out. I get the feeling the whole "It was an honor to meet Skip Holtz, they're still my #1" thing may be a smokescreen set up by Carnes, ala Fulton's "100% Vol" commitment.

Every once in a while, we snag a kid from Florida. Not common, but we do get ours. We snagged both Bell and Byrd from there last class, both of whom have good upside. Too bad Byrd never made it here. But I digress. One thing I've noticed about Bo and staff: in my eyes, they excel when it matters most, in home and official visits. By all reports, they do a great job when they get up close and personal with prospective players. They seem to be excellent at getting the guys they WANT. So, if Bo, Wats, and the rest of the staff really want Carnes as a player, I feel they'll find a way to get the kid N.

thanks for the info

MAYBE carnes is strongly considering committing with the sudden commitment of Marsh UNO. Just speculation.

Do you mean Marsh committed to UNO because the staff must have notified him that Carnes committed to NU? Or do you mean that Carnes is now seriously considering committing now that Marsh committed to UNO? I could see the first scenario, but not the second. There's no way Carnes' decision depends on Marsh's actions at all. It's completely the other way around.

MAYBE carnes is strongly considering committing with the sudden commitment of Marsh UNO. Just speculation.

Do you mean Marsh committed to UNO because the staff must have notified him that Carnes committed to NU? Or do you mean that Carnes is now seriously considering committing now that Marsh committed to UNO? I could see the first scenario, but not the second. There's no way Carnes' decision depends on Marsh's actions at all. It's completely the other way around.

:yeah

Badly said sorry. I meant that marsh maybe caught word that carnes is committing, thus marsh decided to stop playing the waiting game and committed to UNO. Does that help?

Badly said sorry. I meant that marsh maybe caught word that carnes is committing, thus marsh decided to stop playing the waiting game and committed to UNO. Does that help?

Yeah that makes sense. I sure hope you're right about that. Carnes is rough, but he has a ton of potential.