SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Don't forget to add in the Bowl Game. As funny as it sounds, NU's shot with Brion may come down to just how smooth his trip up to NE goes. He has never flown before and flying into Lincoln isn't the best trip. Need a good overall weekend in all aspects. How is the weather out there right now?

This is exaclty right, the trip, the actual trip is what will make or break it for him. Bad flight, delays, lots of snow or ice and its over. When you already like something else a lot (USF) it dosent take much to convince yourself that everything else is bad.

abababa

Recruit

From the USF board. Keep in mind this abababa claims to have a roommate that run a huge recruiting site.

Re: For the people worried about Carnes...

Quote from: redfisher78 on Today at 07:00:33 PM

Quote from: abababa on Today at 06:57:46 PM

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Just passing on what I hear. My roommate runs a huge national recruiting site and is connected with the big recruiting guys all over.

Report to moderator

???????

Really?!?! Pretty interesting report. Sanders to USC, huh? If so, that definitely helps our chances with Carnes.

Sander is visiting South Carolina tomorrow. Gets confusing when people refer to USC and USC.

True. One is the University of South Carolina. The other is the University of Spoiled Children (aka the University of Second Choice).

I did a quick check on this abababa and that poster does refer to their roommate running a site and being frustrated over a IT issue with a previous question/post. Let's refer to abababa as DEEP THROAT from here on out!!! I didn't think if it but now it makes more sense. We need to find out who DEEP THROAT is for sure.

Mitch Sherman has an article about Nebraska's current recruiting prospects in which he interviewed Carnes' high school quarterbacks coach, Chris Conboy. According to Conboy, USF is pretty much out of the running for Carnes. Here's a snippet from Sherman's OWH article:

"The QB visited USF last week, but it looks like he'll play elsewhere in college, Conboy said. 'It's not the same,' the coach said. 'They've got a pretty big hill to climb to get back into it.' As for the Huskers, running backs coach Tim Beck made the original contact with Carnes, but offensive coordinator Shawn Watson has taken over of late. Watson visited Carnes this week in Florida. 'I think Brion likes him a lot,' Conboy said. 'They're developing a pretty good rapport. I think he's going to be pretty impressed by Nebraska when he gets up there.'”

:corndance

• Fire 1

Mitch Sherman has an article about Nebraska's current recruiting prospects in which he interviewed Carnes' high school quarterbacks coach, Chris Conboy. According to Conboy, USF is pretty much out of the running for Carnes. Here's a snippet from Sherman's OWH article:

"The QB visited USF last week, but it looks like he'll play elsewhere in college, Conboy said. 'It's not the same,' the coach said. 'They've got a pretty big hill to climb to get back into it.' As for the Huskers, running backs coach Tim Beck made the original contact with Carnes, but offensive coordinator Shawn Watson has taken over of late. Watson visited Carnes this week in Florida. 'I think Brion likes him a lot,' Conboy said. 'They're developing a pretty good rapport. I think he's going to be pretty impressed by Nebraska when he gets up there.'”

:corndance

Interesting article about coaches being considered by USF. Of note, AJ Love, current WR, recommended, OC Mike Canneles. Seems like he was a player favorite and he was very active in recruiting Carnes. If Cannales gets to stay or gets the HC job, we are not entertaining Carnes this weekend. IMO

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/records-show-range-of-names-offered-to-usf.html

Great article. I really believe that there is damage that was done that will cause Carnes to go elsewhere. WKU or NU? I think we have a great chance to lock him in too.

Owa

Cooper

Carnes

These boards will go nuts if this really goes down. We might have room for Fulton if we get a greyshirt or two.

hes in town with his mother.

with all the owa hype this kid isn't getting all the love he deserves in my opinion... i think he can bring lots of talent to the team.. if not at QB (which i know we are recruiting him at but hey sh#t happens right) at some other position on the field... i think he wont come in and blow it up but he'll be a name we hear in a few years......

i hope he enjoyed everythign today

Don't forget to add in the Bowl Game. As funny as it sounds, NU's shot with Brion may come down to just how smooth his trip up to NE goes. He has never flown before and flying into Lincoln isn't the best trip. Need a good overall weekend in all aspects. How is the weather out there right now?

This is exaclty right, the trip, the actual trip is what will make or break it for him. Bad flight, delays, lots of snow or ice and its over. When you already like something else a lot (USF) it dosent take much to convince yourself that everything else is bad.

abababa

Recruit

From the USF board. Keep in mind this abababa claims to have a roommate that run a huge recruiting site.

Re: For the people worried about Carnes...

Quote from: redfisher78 on Today at 07:00:33 PM

Quote from: abababa on Today at 06:57:46 PM

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Just passing on what I hear. My roommate runs a huge national recruiting site and is connected with the big recruiting guys all over.

Report to moderator

???????

Really?!?! Pretty interesting report. Sanders to USC, huh? If so, that definitely helps our chances with Carnes.

Sander is visiting South Carolina tomorrow. Gets confusing when people refer to USC and USC.

True. One is the University of South Carolina. The other is the University of Spoiled Children (aka the University of Second Choice).

U of stolen cars or U of secret cash