SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

:koolaid2:

He also said that he has been texting Tommie alot, and that Tommie said he really approves of the coaching staff at nebraska.

wow him and cooper have been pretty similar for a while.. up down up down.. they both are committing elsewhere.. no hope at all... etc.....

i hope the kid enjoys the visit.. i think he'll be blown away... committ? i dont know......

but nice to know we are in the running... skip holtz is a pretty mellow and nice guy from what i've heard so dont count them out yet either.....

He also said that he has been texting Tommie alot, and that Tommie said he really approves of the coaching staff at nebraska.

So that's the good news. But the bad news comes in the form of the following quotes coming from his recent interview with Rivals:

"USF is still my number one school. Getting to know coach (Skip) Holtz was an honor last weekend and their new quarterback coach, coach (Peter) Vaas, was great too. He's real cool and I was able to learn a lot about them."

"I didn't get a chance to catch a lot of [Nebraska's] games this past season so part of the plan for this weekend is for me to watch some film of their offense to get a better feel for how I'd fit in."

I'm guessing this weekend's film session with Brion will go a little something like this. Watson: "And once again, that play would've worked if you were the QB."

So that's the good news. But the bad news comes in the form of the following quotes coming from his recent interview with Rivals:

"USF is still my number one school. Getting to know coach (Skip) Holtz was an honor last weekend and their new quarterback coach, coach (Peter) Vaas, was great too. He's real cool and I was able to learn a lot about them."

"I didn't get a chance to catch a lot of [Nebraska's] games this past season so part of the plan for this weekend is for me to watch some film of their offense to get a better feel for how I'd fit in."

I'm guessing this weekend's film session with Brion will go a little something like this. Watson: "And once again, that play would've worked if you were the QB."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha we're doomed. maybe he's a confident kid and just sees the tape and says "i can fix this"

haha we're doomed. maybe he's a confident kid and just sees the tape and says "i can fix this"

Just show him the Sun Belt games and we're good. :lol:

Don't forget to add in the Bowl Game. As funny as it sounds, NU's shot with Brion may come down to just how smooth his trip up to NE goes. He has never flown before and flying into Lincoln isn't the best trip. Need a good overall weekend in all aspects. How is the weather out there right now?

Don't forget to add in the Bowl Game. As funny as it sounds, NU's shot with Brion may come down to just how smooth his trip up to NE goes. He has never flown before and flying into Lincoln isn't the best trip. Need a good overall weekend in all aspects. How is the weather out there right now?

Well he picked a crap weekend to visit. He's flying in on Saturday and will be here until Monday. Here's the forecast as of now.

Sat. = 50% chance of rain. High 44 Low 31

Sun. = 40% chance of mix rain/snow. High 33 Low 22

Mon. = Windy. High 31 Low 18

This is exaclty right, the trip, the actual trip is what will make or break it for him. Bad flight, delays, lots of snow or ice and its over. When you already like something else a lot (USF) it dosent take much to convince yourself that everything else is bad.

This is exaclty right, the trip, the actual trip is what will make or break it for him. Bad flight, delays, lots of snow or ice and its over. When you already like something else a lot (USF) it dosent take much to convince yourself that everything else is bad.

abababa

Recruit

From the USF board. Keep in mind this abababa claims to have a roommate that run a huge recruiting site.

Re: For the people worried about Carnes...

Quote from: redfisher78 on Today at 07:00:33 PM

Quote from: abababa on Today at 06:57:46 PM

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Just passing on what I hear. My roommate runs a huge national recruiting site and is connected with the big recruiting guys all over.

Report to moderator

abababa

Recruit

From the USF board. Keep in mind this abababa claims to have a roommate that run a huge recruiting site.

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Just passing on what I hear. My roommate runs a huge national recruiting site and is connected with the big recruiting guys all over.

Report to moderator

???????

Really?!?! Pretty interesting report. Sanders to USC, huh? If so, that definitely helps our chances with Carnes.

[quote name='schuhbdoo' date='21 January 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1264124384'

abababa

Recruit

Report to moderator

What's funny is he only refers to information in recent stories (sounds like Rivals), but then he says he is just passing on what he heard and that his roommate runs a recruiting site. If you're so connected, then how about sharing some information you can't get on Rivals? Or maybe his roommate is Crabtree.

abababa

Recruit

Report to moderator

???????

Really?!?! Pretty interesting report. Sanders to USC, huh? If so, that definitely helps our chances with Carnes.

Sander is visiting South Carolina tomorrow. Gets confusing when people refer to USC and USC.

abababa

Recruit

Report to moderator

???????

Sander is visiting South Carolina tomorrow. Gets confusing when people refer to USC and USC.

Ahhh...that's what I figured but wasn't 100% sure. Just say Gamecocks, geeez :)

[quote name='schuhbdoo' date='21 January 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1264124384'

abababa

Recruit

Report to moderator

What's funny is he only refers to information in recent stories (sounds like Rivals), but then he says he is just passing on what he heard and that his roommate runs a recruiting site. If you're so connected, then how about sharing some information you can't get on Rivals? Or maybe his roommate is Crabtree.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

abababa

Recruit

Report to moderator

???????

True. One is the University of South Carolina. The other is the University of Spoiled Children (aka the University of Second Choice).