SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Cave is right. I highly doubt that the kid decides on signing day.

I could see Bo still pursuing him after NLOI day if we have the room.

You don't think the staff would just say hello to Simek and call it a day? I actually wonder how willing Simek really is right now though, TT has a new staff now so maybe Simek feels comfortable with them? Slow playing him at the end may cost us.

My thoughts exactly Cave. If Simek still wants N then you take him and dont pursue Carnes. But if Simek is still comfortable at TT and that wont change then why not still pursue Carnes?

Yeah I was thinking this also right after I posted. I think the staff tries to get Carnes to commit on or before Signing Day, if yes then great. If no, then I think they try to press Fulton and/or Simek. If both are staying put, then I think the staff continues to pursue Carnes beyond signing day. Confused yet?

You don't think the staff would just say hello to Simek and call it a day? I actually wonder how willing Simek really is right now though, TT has a new staff now so maybe Simek feels comfortable with them? Slow playing him at the end may cost us.

My thoughts exactly Cave. If Simek still wants N then you take him and dont pursue Carnes. But if Simek is still comfortable at TT and that wont change then why not still pursue Carnes?

Yeah I was thinking this also right after I posted. I think the staff tries to get Carnes to commit on or before Signing Day, if yes then great. If no, then I think they try to press Fulton and/or Simek. If both are staying put, then I think the staff continues to pursue Carnes beyond signing day. Confused yet?

Is the staff still hot after Simek? I got the feeling we cooled a little bit.

As far as the QB situation, while I'd like to have Carnes or Godfrey I just don't see it happening. I'm still not 100% convince we offer Marsh either even if we don't get a QB.

As far as the QB situation, while I'd like to have Carnes or Godfrey I just don't see it happening. I'm still not 100% convince we offer Marsh either even if we don't get a QB.

I think the staff is holding off Simek a bit to see if Fulton would come on board. Not sure if we get either Carnes or Godfrey, but I think our chances are still pretty good to get Carnes because he is coming for a visit which is big. Regarding Bronson, he WILL be on the team in 2010. Bo wants this young man on the team, question is how will they make it happen. IF all of the other options fall through then it is entirely possible IMO that Bronson gets a 2009 Scholarship. If NU gets Owa and/or another commit, then I think Bronson gets a Greyshirt or Walks On. People may not like it, but that is reality. Bo likes what he brings to the table and wants him on the team so Bo will make it happen one way or the other.

• Fire 1

I think the staff is holding off Simek a bit to see if Fulton would come on board. Not sure if we get either Carnes or Godfrey, but I think our chances are still pretty good to get Carnes because he is coming for a visit which is big. Regarding Bronson, he WILL be on the team in 2010. Bo wants this young man on the team, question is how will they make it happen. IF all of the other options fall through then it is entirely possible IMO that Bronson gets a 2009 Scholarship. If NU gets Owa and/or another commit, then I think Bronson gets a Greyshirt or Walks On. People may not like it, but that is reality. Bo likes what he brings to the table and wants him on the team so Bo will make it happen one way or the other.

:yeah

If we could get Fulton that would be huge. It has been very quiet reguarding him.

yeah.gif

If we could get Fulton that would be huge. It has been very quiet reguarding him.

Fulton is pretty well all Tenn at this point.

yeah.gif

Fulton is pretty well all Tenn at this point.

Saw that.

From the USF Rivals page:

January 19, 2010

Holtz reaching out to Carnes/Sanders

USFBullsEYE.com

USF head coach Skip Holtz is planning to visit Bradenton (Fl) Manatee High this week in an effort to mend wounds with two of the Bulls prized recruits, quarterback Brion Carnes and receiver/return man Ace Sanders.

Sounds like they are upset with the coaches all being fired that these guys were comfortable with.

Says he is ready for his trip and is excited to see what we have to offer. He says we are definitely in the running. He said it was an honor to meet the new staff at USF and the he will definitely take his last visit to WKU before announcing a decision.

Sounds like we have a good shot but he's still very open.

Bringing mom along to Lincoln is a good sign :)