SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Carnes has been unavailable for comment, but HI spoke with his coach who has spoken with him. Apparently the trip couldn't have gone better. The cold didn't seem to bother him. He loved the facilities, academic program and nutritionist. HI will have more when he gets home and talks with his mom, but no word of any commit. Apparently he still has some work to do getting qualified, but his coach doesn't seem to think it'll be a problem.

Great news! Thanks, HuskerT. +1

basically from what his coach said, he really enjoyed it, he said he was worried that it would be cold, but it wasnt. he said the wind was the worst part, cuz you couldnt get out of it. but he said it wasnt a factor at all. his coach said he had a good time, enjoyed his visit, and loved our facilities. we're still waiting to hear from brion himself since he's currently on a plane right now.

EDIT: lol dammit, beat me to it

• Fire 1

basically from what his coach said, he really enjoyed it, he said he was worried that it would be cold, but it wasnt. he said the wind was the worst part, cuz you couldnt get out of it. but he said it wasnt a factor at all. his coach said he had a good time, enjoyed his visit, and loved our facilities. we're still waiting to hear from brion himself since he's currently on a plane right now.

EDIT: lol dammit, beat me to it

LOL. It's a shootout at the OK Corral!

Wow, I just noticed something looking at Brion and Bronson's profiles, which are currently side by side on the 2010 Profile page. According to our stats, they are both 6', but BRONSON is 20 lbs heavier and his 40 is .14 of a second faster. Wow- surprised me. I bet a lot of you would not have guess Bronson would be the bigger, faster athlete off the top of your heads either. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Wow, I just noticed something looking at Brion and Bronson's profiles, which are currently side by side on the 2010 Profile page. According to our stats, they are both 6', but BRONSON is 20 lbs heavier and his 40 is .14 of a second faster. Wow- surprised me. I bet a lot of you would not have guess Bronson would be the bigger, faster athlete off the top of your heads either. Maybe I'm just dumb.

You sometimes have to take rivals pages with a grain of salt though. I am not saying this is one of those instances because it might not be/it might be.

ON FILM, Carnes seems to be the better thrower IMO. I will trust the coaches.

Husker staff is recruiting Bronson as a safety prospect and the gray shirt offer is as a safety prospect so the comparisons may not be necessary. (per rivals) "Means said Nebraska is recruiting Marsh as a safety and not a quarterback."

Husker staff is recruiting Bronson as a safety prospect and the gray shirt offer is as a safety prospect so the comparisons may not be necessary. (per rivals) "Means said Nebraska is recruiting Marsh as a safety and not a quarterback."

Bronson's task may be even taller if we do in fact land Corey Cooper.

Either way I think it would be a big mistake not to take the offer. A year as grayshirt, a year as a redshirt and still have 4 more years to earn playing time. Sounds like a no brainer.

Either way I think it would be a big mistake not to take the offer. A year as grayshirt, a year as a redshirt and still have 4 more years to earn playing time. Sounds like a no brainer.

I do not think Cranes is coming. To far and to cold. Bo better move on to the next guy. He's got one week

I do not think Cranes is coming. To far and to cold. Bo better move on to the next guy. He's got one week

i think the only way bronson is coming here if he sucks it up and plays to what ever rules the coaches want him to play by.... i'm sorta over bronson at this point.... unless he walks on or grayshirts... other than that laters........

Cranes or Carnes? I don't even want Cranes, although their spindily little legs would mean they would cover more ground once the pocket breaks down, and their long necks would help with downfield vision, but I worry they won't be able to add any muscle onto their already lanky frames. Plus I have no idea how they would be able to maintain any control with the football with only three talons for gripping. (don't want another IA ST. disaster on our hands) If we could find one with a nice disposable thumb added on, I would say a greyshirt would be a possibilty but otherwise we are running out of room as it is.

As for Carnes, that remark seems a little out of whack with what we have been hearing from the rest of the board about the first string of news. So is the word on the street that we will probably get a visit review straight from Carnes tomorrow sometime?