SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

the Fajardo cancellation tells me that Carnes committed to Bo on the in-home tonight. whether we'll hear about it tonight, tomorrow, or on Feb 3... im not sure

It makes sense...hope you're right.

Where'd you see that Fajardo cancelled his visit?

the Fajardo cancellation tells me that Carnes committed to Bo on the in-home tonight. whether we'll hear about it tonight, tomorrow, or on Feb 3... im not sure

HI staff posted a message saying they were informed he will no longer be visiting.

:corndance:corndance:corndance YES!!! This is exciting news, especially the part about HuskerCrazy stop posting. :)

Oh, let me get back in here if you miss me so much. I'm reading everyday. No real news to post about.I really liked the way Cody ran the spread offense but Carnes will be a great dual and I hope I was wrong about him not coming. I hope he can pass better though our current young dual threat QB.

:corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance

It certainly makes sense that they told him he is their number 2 and if our no 1 commits we will call you.

Huskercrazy has stop posting too.

The tell tale sign will be if Brion cancels his trip to WKU.

Not necessarily....Lavonte David still took a trip to USF after committing to Nebraska.

I'm confused to. I wasn't aware that Fajardo had even set up an official visit. The last updates I receives from HI was that Fajardo would only take an official if he received an offer.

I'm confused too. I wasn't aware that Fajardo had even set up an official visit. The last updates I receives from HI was that Fajardo would only take an official if he received an offer.

Crabtree put out a teaser 20 minutes ago saying the NU trip is off and he may go to AZ instead.

Someone on Huskerpedia mentioned that Carnes cancelled his WKU trip this weekend. Trying to confirm that part.

Fajardo isn't coming because he thinks NU is close to signing someone else and doesn't want to be a backup plan eek3dance.gifkoolaid2.gif

(per rivals Yahoo Sports)According to Fajardo, rated No. 35 at his position by Rivals.com, the Cornhuskers are close to landing a commitment from another quarterback which means there won't be room for him.

"I don't think that's going to go through anymore," Fajardo said of his Nebraska trip. "They're close to signing that other kid. I told (the Nebraska coaches) I have other options and I don't want to be waiting and hoping."

Edited by Ohio Pete
Clarified Free Source

I hope that we are right about him not visiting WKU. That would be a very good sign. To those of you bringing WKU down it is a very good university, my mom went there, a few of my cousins, and I have visited there many times. They tend to be more of a basketball school and only joined Div 1 football like 2-3 years ago after winning once and competing in a few times what was then the Div II national title. They just expanded their field to what it is now in the last couple years, it used to be one sided and is now two sides. There are high school stadiums larger, but they are trying to grow a program in a state obsessed with basketball. That may be the draw for Carnes. He knows the coach there very well and if he is a competitor he wants the challenge of helping to build a program... On that same competitive note he could come here and compete for a spot and then play against the best so it may be a very tough decision.