SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

I agree with EZ, what's the problem saying we expect someone to start their third year on campus? I don't think a lot of people expected Green to start right away rather more so saying that he couldn't have possibly been worse than Lee. Nobody is trying to make him sound like he's going to start from day one or even during his second year. I would much rather have Owa, Cooper and Fulton in this class than take a qb.

wow. maybe you should go back and take a look at the cody threads if you really think that. people were slobbing ALL OVER him. and i'm not saying it's a problem to expect someone to start their 3rd year, i'm saying that it's putting too high of expectations to say that a JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL is going to even sign on the dotted line, let alone be a starting QB when we don't know what's going to happen here or with recruiting bw now and then... what do we do if in 2012 we sign the #1 overall QB recruit? then do you really expect Turner to be the starter in his 3rd year or would everyone be talking about how its better to give a redshirt freshman the reigns for his career? SO much can happen between now and then.

Dang. A night out with the girl friend and people beat me to some news. :) I better sort out my priorities.

But anyways I could care less if we get a QB this year or not. We get Jamal Turner next year and he will have 3 years to play. He is also a December graduate so he will be on campus 2.5 years before he starts as a RS Soph.

*sigh*

While i respect a ton of the stuff you bring to the table recruiting wise, I really don't get the whole anointing someone a starter. I mean, that's gone over soooo well for green hasn't it? Especially with how raw Turner is. Not saying at all that he won't turn out to be good or great, but still, why are we putting so much pressure on a kid that is just starting his 6th semester of high school?

There is quite a bit of difference between what I was saying with Jamal Turner and the Cody Green situation this year. Cody Green is a true freshman this year as Jamal Turner I expect to start as a RS Soph.

and the only reason you expect him to start his 3rd year here is because Green is here. Who knows if green will ever pan out to be a starter? What if something happens and he gets hurt, transfers, or kicked off the team? All are possible.. Would you then expect Turner to start right away? I just don't see the point in putting expectations on an athlete that is playing the QB position in HS... and that hasn't even finished his junior season. seems eerily similar is all...

I agree with EZ, what's the problem saying we expect someone to start their third year on campus? I don't think a lot of people expected Green to start right away rather more so saying that he couldn't have possibly been worse than Lee. Nobody is trying to make him sound like he's going to start from day one or even during his second year. I would much rather have Owa, Cooper and Fulton in this class than take a qb.

wow. maybe you should go back and take a look at the cody threads if you really think that. people were slobbing ALL OVER him. and i'm not saying it's a problem to expect someone to start their 3rd year, i'm saying that it's putting too high of expectations to say that a JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL is going to even sign on the dotted line, let alone be a starting QB when we don't know what's going to happen here or with recruiting bw now and then... what do we do if in 2012 we sign the #1 overall QB recruit? then do you really expect Turner to be the starter in his 3rd year or would everyone be talking about how its better to give a redshirt freshman the reigns for his career? SO much can happen between now and then.

I agree with your last statement and much of your post.

But understand where I am coming from saying that if we get Jamal Turner which I fully expect we will that he will have another year of developing into a HS QB in excess to being 2.5 years into the program before he takes a snap at QB with the way things are looking. I would rather have a 3 year starter than a two year kid is what I am saying. Cody Green is a totally different scenario because he was forced into his role this year instead of being able to RS.

Yeah things aren't fully adding up here. Carnes is still coming this weekend, this much we know. We also know that the primary recruiter, Canales, was let go by the new HC. Other schools such as Oregon are also showing Carnes love. I said it before and I think this still applies, I don't think Carnes will make a decision on or before 2/3/2010. If he isn't really sure about USF and is really interested in other schools like WKU, NU, and Oregon, then there is no way he doesn't make time to visit them all. He only has 2 weekends left before 2/3 and has NU and WKU already scheduled, only way to make it work is to schedule visits after signing day.

Yeah things aren't fully adding up here. Carnes is still coming this weekend, this much we know. We also know that the primary recruiter, Canales, was let go by the new HC. Other schools such as Oregon are also showing Carnes love. I said it before and I think this still applies, I don't think Carnes will make a decision on or before 2/3/2010. If he isn't really sure about USF and is really interested in other schools like WKU, NU, and Oregon, then there is no way he doesn't make time to visit them all. He only has 2 weekends left before 2/3 and has NU and WKU already scheduled, only way to make it work is to schedule visits after signing day.

True. And I don't see Bo waiting after Feb. 3rd for a decision. This might be what will determine where Bronson Marsh falls on the offer list. If Carnes doesn't commit on the spot (which I don't think he will) then Bo will probably forget about pursuing a QB in this class. If Marsh gets an offer, I'm guessing it'll be as an ATH.

Just my opinion on the matter.

True. And I don't see Bo waiting after Feb. 3rd for a decision. This might be what will determine where Bronson Marsh falls on the offer list. If Carnes doesn't commit on the spot (which I don't think he will) then Bo will probably forget about pursuing a QB in this class. If Marsh gets an offer, I'm guessing it'll be as an ATH.

Just my opinion on the matter.

i had a strong feeling he was gonna committ quickly.... that went out the window... just cant really put a finger on whats going on with this kid (part of the fun i guess of recruiting)

i really thought we were gonna land him for a bit there......

Cave is right. I highly doubt that the kid decides on signing day.

I could see Bo still pursuing him after NLOI day if we have the room.

You don't think the staff would just say hello to Simek and call it a day? I actually wonder how willing Simek really is right now though, TT has a new staff now so maybe Simek feels comfortable with them? Slow playing him at the end may cost us.

Cave is right. I highly doubt that the kid decides on signing day.

I could see Bo still pursuing him after NLOI day if we have the room.

You don't think the staff would just say hello to Simek and call it a day? I actually wonder how willing Simek really is right now though, TT has a new staff now so maybe Simek feels comfortable with them? Slow playing him at the end may cost us.

My thoughts exactly Cave. If Simek still wants N then you take him and dont pursue Carnes. But if Simek is still comfortable at TT and that wont change then why not still pursue Carnes?