SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Wow I guess I thought there was a chance he would go there, but what happened to the signing day talk?! Man, I really liked saying we would get the Big 3 and now saying Big 2 just doesn't sound as cool. Alright lets get down to business though, QB candidates that are left? Or do we even take a QB? Let the speculation begin!

We don't really need to take a QB this year. I would rather have another lineman if they could find one. Never can have too many of those.

Ahh geez crazy biz! So the article is from his hometown newspaper for tomorrow or what? I'm confused who wrote the article. Rivals has nothing on WKU's board for a teaser. This would be breaking news but they don't even have enough football news to fill up their football recruiting page and have basketball news in there.

Onward to Jamal Turner. But i kinda felt that immediate playing time was his passion.

I guess we will see him in the fall, if he signs his LOI by Wednesday.

Get ready Carnes, Blackshirts are going to show you what's its like not to be a Husker QB. :bonez

As easy as it is to be upset with this kid (if in fact he does go WKU), he's no where near the level of the Gabbert bros. Carnes never backed out of a commitment with us, so we have to at least respect him for that.

I have absolutely no hard feelings towards Carnes in this situation. I honestly wish him luck over there.

My gut feeling all along was that he wanted to play at USF until they yanked his scholly, then it looked like WKU made more sense due to the reasons I already listed last night when I suggested to everyone not to be surprised if he ended up there.

Take into consideration that it's closer to home. He'll likely get early playing time and possibly win the starting job when we see them in Sept. in Lincoln. Furthermore, he has a prior relationship with the coaching staff. All those benefits are attractive to some people, regardless if the team itself is BCS caliber or not.

Let's also consider some possible reasons why he would turn down NU. Perhaps he didn't like the idea of playing under the legend of Tommie Frazier's shadow. The pressure to live up to Frazier's standards might've intimidated him?

Then there is the fact that Carnes has been a starting QB since he was a Freshman in HS. Let's face it, the kid has never had to sit on the bench in all his HS years. Perhaps he likes the idea of walking into a small D-1 program with an actual shot at starting in his freshman year? He probably knew that wouldn't be the case at NU since we have more depth and are obviously more competitive at that position?

I could speculate some more but I won't. Bottom line is this, the kid made his decision and I'm okay with it. So long as he's happy, then I say KUDOS to you young man. Do what's in your heart and go get it.

We're Nebraska. We'll be fine without him.

Onward to Jamal Turner. But i kinda felt that immediate playing time was his passion.

I guess we will see him in the fall, if he signs his LOI by Wednesday.

Get ready Carnes, Blackshirts are going to show you what's its like not to be a Husker QB. :bonez

:yeah See Freeman and Gabbert