SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

to avoid embarrassment? I dunno. heres the STORY- HERALD TRIBUNE

Nice going Skip pissed off a local High School coach by doing it that way. (Better for Nebraska if they have any future prospects)

I guess the rumor of Carnes cancelling his trip to Western Kentucky was wrong, since the article states that's where he is this weekend.

Rivals W Kentucky site has Carnes as their main picture with the hint its their biggest recruiting weekend, so one can assume thats where Carnes is or where he is going.

Nice going Skip pissed off a local High School coach by doing it that way. (Better for Nebraska if they have any future prospects)

I guess the rumor of Carnes cancelling his trip to Western Kentucky was wrong, since the article states that's where he is this weekend.

I agree. I would have reacted the same way as the coach. It's a classless move that I'm sure will come back to haunt Holtz.

Rivals W Kentucky site has Carnes as their main picture with the hint its their biggest recruiting weekend, so one can assume thats where Carnes is or where he is going.

If you read the article that was posted, the coach said Carnes received news of them withdrawing the offer 30 minutes after arriving at WKU.

I agree. I would have reacted the same way as the coach. It's a classless move that I'm sure will come back to haunt Holtz.

:yeah definately true... why would you burn bridges like that by being rude to a power school which consistently puts out quality prospects. Especially when the school attends one of your games with all of their football players every year. If he thought he was just dragging it out just leave the offer and assume you won't get him. If you don't get him no big deal... if you do then its a bonus.

As funny as it may sound to some of you, I wouldn't count WKU out. Carnes has a prior relationship with the HC and it's closer to home. On top of that, he will have a chance to play early there. Those are some of the benefits working in WKU's favor right now.

Just saying....

As funny as it may sound to some of you, I wouldn't count WKU out. Carnes has a prior relationship with the HC and it's closer to home. On top of that, he will have a chance to play early there. Those are some of the benefits working in WKU's favor right now.

Just saying....

I appreciate your attempt to keep us all from getting overconfident, but I have a hard time imagining Carnes committing to WKU. I've just heard too many people talking about how a bunch of recruits coming out of Carnes' high school have taken officials to WKU in the last few years out of respect for their coach. Add that to the fact that WKU just received a QB commit and I'm not sweating too much over this kid anymore.

I wouldn't be shocked if he went to WKU, because as Nexus said, he has a good chance at playing early on and he knows the coach. I still think he's more than likely a Husker in the end, but I'd put it at about 70/30 in our favor currently. Depending on how impressed he is with his visit there, that could swing any which way.

Just saying....

I appreciate your attempt to keep us all from getting overconfident, but I have a hard time imagining Carnes committing to WKU. I've just heard too many people talking about how a bunch of recruits coming out of Carnes' high school have taken officials to WKU in the last few years out of respect for their coach. Add that to the fact that WKU just received a QB commit and I'm not sweating too much over this kid anymore.

It all depends on where Carnes's priorities lie. The problem is we don't really know because he hasn't given a full interview about his visit in Lincoln yet. The only thing we've had to go off of is his position coach filling us in on limited details. With that in mind, we don't know what he values in a school or if he wants to play early or accept a redshirt, etc. One thing he did mention awhile back was that he didn't care if the school was a BCS school or not. Other than that, we don't really know where his head is at these days since the USF debacle.

A blogger from Florida seems to think Carnes will commit to WKU. Furthermore, WKU fans feel like they have a legitimate shot at him as well. WKU Message Board

Carnes is making his official visit to Western Kentucky this weekend and is expected to sign there.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Just saying....

It all depends on where Carnes's priorities lie. The problem is we don't really know because he hasn't given a full interview about his visit in Lincoln yet. The only thing we've had to go off of is his position coach filling us in on limited details. With that in mind, we don't know what he values in a school or if he wants to play early or accept a redshirt, etc. One thing he did mention awhile back was that he didn't care if the school was a BCS school or not. Other than that, we don't really know where his head is at these days since the USF debacle.

A blogger from Florida seems to think Carnes will commit to WKU. Furthermore, WKU fans feel like they have a legitimate shot at him as well. WKU Message Board

Carnes is making his official visit to Western Kentucky this weekend and is expected to sign there.

Well you usually know your recruiting stuff, so I'll defer to you on this one. It's unbelievable how much things change from day to day in the recruiting world - especially this time of year! I can't imagine how stoked WKU fans would be to land Carnes.

Just saying....

Well you usually know your recruiting stuff, so I'll defer to you on this one. It's unbelievable how much things change from day to day in the recruiting world - especially this time of year! I can't imagine how stoked WKU fans would be to land Carnes.

I imagine it would be like Owa for us.

Just saying....

http://www.tboblogs....s/related/C127/

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not saying he will or won't commit to NU. Truthfully I don't know. I'm just trying to be realistic about the possibilities. I'm comfortable saying it's 50/50 right now though.