SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Jimney Christmas.

Who are you guys going to listen to?

Brion Carnes?

His HS coaches?

the people on rivals or scouts?

or the folks who write the news articles?

I'm listening to Carnes, and if he said he will announce on signing day, then i believe the kid, WKU or NU.

my dog just farted as i sit here and watch a tape delay of the grammys with my chick.....

just thougt i would let you know

Jimney Christmas.

Brion Carnes?

His HS coaches?

I'm listening to Carnes, and if he said he will announce on signing day, then i believe the kid, WKU or NU.

my dog just farted as i sit here and watch a tape delay of the grammys with my chick.....

just thougt i would let you know

You do not wait on a kid like this. You say we got a ride for you and you got a week or we are giving it to someone else that realllllly wants it. Do it the way we are doing it and you most of the time screw yourself. :bang
  • Fire 1

I guess i just have faith in the NU coaching staff to do the most they can to bring the kid to NU. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend another in-home visit with him and the family before Wednesday to trying to reaffirm his decision towards NU. But when it comes down to it, Carnes will do what he feels his best for him.

Though i have to say, if Carnes does want to reach the next level on a football level, Nebraska is likely his best shot as i can't see him going Pro while playing at WKU.

Jimney Christmas.

Brion Carnes?

His HS coaches?

I don't think anyone's disputing that he'll announce his decision on signing day, but it looks like he'll just be announcing a decision that he's already made. Hope I'm wrong.

Jimney Christmas.

Brion Carnes?

His HS coaches?

I don't think anyone's disputing that he'll announce his decision on signing day, but it looks like he'll just be announcing a decision that he's already made. Hope I'm wrong.

agreed

PER the latest update on rivals, BRION CARNES HIMSELF says he has not committed yet and it is still inbetween WKU and NU. He says he is still planning on committing on signing day.

I'm not getting my hopes up on this one any more. Where there's smoke there's usually fire; and there was a ton of smoke today suggesting Brion committed to WKU. I'm chalking this one up in the "L" column and will consider it a hail mary TD if we land him Wednesday. Let's hope O'Hanlon is in coverage!

...since O'Hanlon covered VT's "hail mary" so well :) - (I think that was his coverage anyway, I could be wrong)

If what huricane said is true, and he demanded early playing time I'm sure all Bo had to do was be honest ensure him that he WILL be on the field in front of thousands of fans, as a freshman. He WILL go up against some of the best defenses in the nation, as a freshman. He WILL be playing alongside players far more talented than almost anyone on WKU's roster, as a freshman.

Oh, and that he WILL be leading the scout team...which could beat WKU almost any day of the week.

...assuming this thread will die today when there are some more confirmations. there will be the usual "we don't need him" and "better off without him" crap posts (which I already see there's been a few), but I'm marking this one down and a loss and if he flips on signing day it will just make me all that much happier since we're out of it at this point. where there's smoke there's fire. journal star is reporting the confirmation this morning, but noted that he wouldn't return their calls. I would assume that if he really wanted to dispell the rumors he'd answer for nebraska's papers.

If we don't get him then good luck to him. Having some roots in the Bowling Green area and family who attended WKU I know its a good school and hope he can help them get their first D-1 win.

To look at this on the bright side the rumor is if we miss out on one or all of the "big 3" the coaches will save the scholarships and use them next year. They might give one away to a walk on for the coming year or something, but the staff is pretty excited about the next recruiting class and might just save these three scholarships for next year. I think that is a better decision than taking one of our "backup" recruits this year. Use it next year and really get some quality guys.

You do not wait on a kid like this. You say we got a ride for you and you got a week or we are giving it to someone else that realllllly wants it. Do it the way we are doing it and you most of the time screw yourself. :bang

You're right, because 17/18y.o. kids can make big decisions in two weeks. :o:sarcasm There is no reason to be mad or angry that a young man is not making his decision within a week of being offered a scholarship. Think about all of the variables he has to consider; friends, family, career, etc. Furthermore, would you want him to commit and then decommit because see made a hasty decision (See: Anterio Sloan)? C'mon.

Is Rivals now reporting that he did in fact commit?

That is what the teaser would indicate, and what my friends who have subscriptions are telling me. I have a feeling he committed and wanted it to be silent until he announces on Wed. But My guess is that someone from WKU let it leak out, Carnes was trying to cover, and then just threw the towel in and said what the heck and made it public.

That's a pretty good assumption and that's what I think happened also.

PER the latest update on rivals, BRION CARNES HIMSELF says he has not committed yet and it is still inbetween WKU and NU. He says he is still planning on committing on signing day.

I'm not getting my hopes up on this one any more. Where there's smoke there's usually fire; and there was a ton of smoke today suggesting Brion committed to WKU. I'm chalking this one up in the "L" column and will consider it a hail mary TD if we land him Wednesday. Let's hope O'Hanlon is in coverage!

...since O'Hanlon covered VT's "hail mary" so well :) - (I think that was his coverage anyway, I could be wrong)

Right, that was the joke. Sometimes I underestimate the need to insert this emoticon - :sarcasm

Right, that was the joke. Sometimes I underestimate the need to insert this emoticon - :sarcasm

I see it now - read it wrong. Monday.

You're right, because 17/18y.o. kids can make big decisions in two weeks. :o:sarcasm There is no reason to be mad or angry that a young man is not making his decision within a week of being offered a scholarship. Think about all of the variables he has to consider; friends, family, career, etc. Furthermore, would you want him to commit and then decommit because see made a hasty decision (See: Anterio Sloan)? C'mon.

yes, one week at this point in the recruiting season. Like there are other fish in the pond. Now we got like two days to sign someone

Is that fair to the next guy to make that descision in one day. C'mon on man