SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

You do not wait on a kid like this. You say we got a ride for you and you got a week or we are giving it to someone else that realllllly wants it. Do it the way we are doing it and you most of the time screw yourself. :bang

You're right, because 17/18y.o. kids can make big decisions in two weeks. :o:sarcasm There is no reason to be mad or angry that a young man is not making his decision within a week of being offered a scholarship. Think about all of the variables he has to consider; friends, family, career, etc. Furthermore, would you want him to commit and then decommit because see made a hasty decision (See: Anterio Sloan)? C'mon.

yes, one week at this point in the recruiting season. Like there are other fish in the pond. Now we got like two days to sign someone

Is that fair to the next guy to make that descision in one day. C'mon on man

:lol:

There isn't a thing fair about recruiting.

Can I just say, I love how all these new Player names are popping up as Recruiting profiles out of nowhere. It's like a mahem has let loose, ppl want a QB no matter how far down they have to dig into Athletes to find a develop-able one. Word breaks loose that Carnes is out, ppl start jumping for :star :star :star Athlete/QB converts they would have ridiculed NU for even looking at had it been a couple weeks ago. PPl just want to give out the scholies. Hilarious!! :cheers

Not to add to the roller coaster, and it isn't official from Carnes's....

But Matt Schick is reporting that he talked to his HS coach and he said its a 100% done deal, he has informed the Pelini staff that he is going to WKU. Of course nothing is official until Wednesday, but this shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I guess i just have faith in the NU coaching staff to do the most they can to bring the kid to NU. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend another in-home visit with him and the family before Wednesday to trying to reaffirm his decision towards NU. But when it comes down to it, Carnes will do what he feels his best for him.

Though i have to say, if Carnes does want to reach the next level on a football level, Nebraska is likely his best shot as i can't see him going Pro while playing at WKU.

ben roethlisberger, joe flacco, kurt warner, tony romo, jake delhomme, tavaris jackson, etc., might have something different to say about that. those are just current NFl qbs from programs way more similar in stature to WKU than Nebraska, who hasnt had a pro quarterback since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

I guess i just have faith in the NU coaching staff to do the most they can to bring the kid to NU. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend another in-home visit with him and the family before Wednesday to trying to reaffirm his decision towards NU. But when it comes down to it, Carnes will do what he feels his best for him.

Though i have to say, if Carnes does want to reach the next level on a football level, Nebraska is likely his best shot as i can't see him going Pro while playing at WKU.

ben roethlisberger, joe flacco, kurt warner, tony romo, jake delhomme, tavaris jackson, etc., might have something different to say about that. those are just current NFl qbs from programs way more similar in stature to WKU than Nebraska.

I understand what you are saying, but I think that there are a lot more NFL QBs that went to big name schools that there are smaller ones. But Brion Carnes isnt an NFL QB anyways.

ben roethlisberger, joe flacco, kurt warner, tony romo, jake delhomme, tavaris jackson, etc., might have something different to say about that. those are just current NFl qbs from programs way more similar in stature to WKU than Nebraska, who hasnt had a pro quarterback since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Vince Ferragamo

Not so fast Husker fans. Wiat till signing days to count out on Carnes.

There are several people on HI saying the article is bogus and are 100% certain Carnes will be N on Wednesday. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :ahhhhhhhh

That just goes to show ya that the so called "insiders" on HI really have no clue what they are saying. That is the main reason why I didn't renew my membership this year.

I just registerd to Rivals about an hour ago for a full year. If I don't like it during that year I'll know not to renew my membership.

Sorry to go off topic so with that said I have a feeling that Carnes won't be N because it seems that I've heard more about his WKU visit than his Nebraska visit.

ben roethlisberger, joe flacco, kurt warner, tony romo, jake delhomme, tavaris jackson, etc., might have something different to say about that. those are just current NFl qbs from programs way more similar in stature to WKU than Nebraska.

I understand what you are saying, but I think that there are a lot more NFL QBs that went to big name schools that there are smaller ones. But Brion Carnes isnt an NFL QB anyways.

debatable based on perspective. just quarterbacks period, maybe. but actual guys that played and had an impact? theyre from all over the map. What exactly has the offensively powerful Big 12 thrown into the league? Vince Young? Seneca Wallace? Sage Rosenfels? Chris Simms? Ouch. I think there has only been 8 or so QB's even drafted from all the 'Big' schools in the Big 12 in its history.

I agree that this argument is quite pointless in this thread, as i dont believe Carnes will sniff the NFl either.

debatable based on perspective. just quarterbacks period, maybe. but actual guys that played and had an impact? theyre from all over the map. What exactly has the offensively powerful Big 12 thrown into the league? Vince Young? Seneca Wallace? Sage Rosenfels? Chris Simms? Ouch. I think there has only been 8 or so QB's even drafted from all the 'Big' schools in the Big 12 in its history.

I agree that this argument is quite pointless in this thread, as i dont believe Carnes will sniff the NFl either.

Josh Freeman.

The scuttlebutt around other sites is the reason for Carnes getting his scholly offer retracted is because the finally got to review his transcripts.

Which is why I thought we started to cool on him, plus his relationship with the WKU coaches, and playing time makes WKU a better fir for Brion. I don't blame him one bit for going to WKU. Why head to a program where chances are you might not get in, most likely will never see a starting role, and don't have as good of a relationship with the coaches. He's making the right choice.

The cautionary tale on this, is you don't wait until Jan 23rd to take your entrance exams. Major red flag. I am sure USF already had his transcripts but they didn't get the results of his tests that he took the Saturday when he flew to Nebraska. Those were available last week and made the decision an easy to pull the offer.

This is all just rumor and confidential but I am sure that this is the main issue for USF and NU right now.

I wish him well but sounds like he didn't really apply himself academically.

The scuttlebutt around other sites is the reason for Carnes getting his scholly offer retracted is because the finally got to review his transcripts.

Which is why I thought we started to cool on him, plus his relationship with the WKU coaches, and playing time makes WKU a better fir for Brion. I don't blame him one bit for going to WKU. Why head to a program where chances are you might not get in, most likely will never see a starting role, and don't have as good of a relationship with the coaches. He's making the right choice.

I totally agree. I remember how big we were on Kuli until he went to Oregon, then ended up not qualifying.