SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

My guess is that Carne's told the WKU coaches, as well as his own, that he would commit, but he wanted to have his moment at the table to make it official on Wednesday. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the kid goes where he has the strongest relationship at WKU. I definitely do not blame him. I underestimated how much of a connection he must have with the WKU coaches, because I thought the only way he could be pulled from NU is if our coaches began to cool on him because of academic issues, looks like I was wrong. I hope the best for Brion.

Alright, between making sigs and hitting up my Florida friends for info about carnes, it has been confirmed that I have no life outside of Huskerboard.

However, I did hear something interesting about Carnes.

He heard one pitch the entire time at WKU and that was Playing time. Early and often they said. He also saw their piece of crap program and realized the NU was the better option.

What I have concluded from talking with people is that he let something slip to his coach about committing to WKU and then called NU immediately to say that if he was going to commit to NU, he needed a promise of seeing game action his first year on campus. I'd say that since he still says he is undecided, he got someone's word on that.

Right now i'd put odds 70% to 30% that he signs with NU on Wednesday. That is, of course, if he can shut his coach up long enough to keep the whole thing under wraps. Sounds promising for us though. :dunno

My guess is that Carne's told the WKU coaches, as well as his own, that he would commit, but he wanted to have his moment at the table to make it official on Wednesday. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the kid goes where he has the strongest relationship at WKU. I definitely do not blame him. I underestimated how much of a connection he must have with the WKU coaches, because I thought the only way he could be pulled from NU is if our coaches began to cool on him because of academic issues, looks like I was wrong. I hope the best for Brion.

Agree

Alright, between making sigs and hitting up my Florida friends for info about carnes, it has been confirmed that I have no life outside of Huskerboard.

He heard one pitch the entire time at WKU and that was Playing time. Early and often they said. He also saw their piece of crap program and realized the NU was the better option.

What I have concluded from talking with people is that he let something slip to his coach about committing to WKU and then called NU immediately to say that if he was going to commit to NU, he needed a promise of seeing game action his first year on campus. I'd say that since he still says he is undecided, he got someone's word on that.

Right now i'd put odds 70% to 30% that he signs with NU on Wednesday. That is, of course, if he can shut his coach up long enough to keep the whole thing under wraps. Sounds promising for us though. :dunno

Well I would hope the answer was "If you earn it, you will see the field"

• Fire 4

Let's say Carnes does go to WKU. Congrats to WKU and their coaches for being able to pull in a 4 star prospect. WKU is no Nebraska, but they obviously have the kids down there believing in something. Good luck to WKU and Carnes...whatever his decision may be.

+1. I imagine Bo wouldn't say anything else since he already knew by then he had locked up Jamal.

If that call actually took place I would agree that would probably be the response. At WKU he can get playing time early for a 0-12 team. Nebraska is a little different. I think the amount of competition at NU is something that may scare a recruit off.

Yard per carry for Carnes and Turner.

Carnes- I looked up his Junior year. He had a total of 500 yards rushing.

Turner- He had over 2000 yards in his Junior year. What is going to happen once Turner arrives on campus?

Carnes would have to compete with him and all the other QB's here.

I really thought/think the timing of the Jamal Turner announcement on Thurs could hurt the chances of Brion Carnes committing. Not sure why the staff didn't agree to wait until after the signing day of Feb 3rd to announce this info. It could have an adverse effect on who signs this year.

He also saw their piece of crap program and realized the NU was the better option.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

you kow no diss to the kid going there... but they are the WORST program in Division 1 (or whever you call it now) college football......

that was pretty funny....

you know just when we start to think everything else is figureed out you get a post like one of these.... since i've been away from this thread for a while i'll believe your inside info bit for a while... only because i like the perspective of where you are coming from.....

If that call actually took place I would agree that would probably be the response. At WKU he can get playing time early for a 0-12 team. Nebraska is a little different. I think the amount of competition at NU is something that may scare a recruit off.

Yard per carry for Carnes and Turner.

Carnes- I looked up his Junior year. He had a total of 500 yards rushing.

Turner- He had over 2000 yards in his Junior year. What is going to happen once Turner arrives on campus?

Carnes would have to compete with him and all the other QB's here.

I really thought/think the timing of the Jamal Turner announcement on Thurs could hurt the chances of Brion Carnes committing. Not sure why the staff didn't agree to wait until after the signing day of Feb 3rd to announce this info. It could have an adverse effect on who signs this year.

It is easier than saying, "there is no longer a scholarship available to you." Maybe NU coaches would rather get a db or Simek with his schollie now, without having to say as much. I would think we need more qb's than taking none this year, however. :snacks:

regarding the playing time... you know whose really going to care about you playing at WKU... its gonna be sooo hard to get attention and its not like your games are on national tv or even talked about...

you have the usual early beatdown opponets who will use them as a warm up (Nebraska guilt as charged) and then you get your sunbelt teams like University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Arkansas State University, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, University of Louisiana-Lafayette, University of Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee State University, University of North Texas, University of South Alabama, Troy University

the point being does your early playing time really gonna get you anywhere at WKU? not to sound harsh... but you'll always have to fight that much harder to get respect and sometimes just playing at a top tier school is all you need to get over the top if the pro's is where you want to go....

while i wont knock brions choice.. i think the promise of early playing time wont equal the expirence against qualilty oppponents you would face in the future such at a school like nebraska rather than what the sunbelt has to offer

early playing time @ WKY = beatings

playing time @ Nebraska = growth/development/long term potential and oppurtunity

The latest I've seen on rivals is that Carnes has NOT committed to WKU. By his own words, and I quote: "I'm just in between Nebraska and WKU."

So, unless someone has some premo insider information, we won't have the Mystery of the Florida Quarterback solved until Wednesday.

Jimney Christmas.

Who are you guys going to listen to?

Brion Carnes?

His HS coaches?

the people on rivals or scouts?

or the folks who write the news articles?

I'm listening to Carnes, and if he said he will announce on signing day, then i believe the kid, WKU or NU.