SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

For what it's worth, Rivals says on Carnes' profile that he is not committed anywhere, but has Nebraska (high) and WKU (high). NU is listed first.

I might be wrong, but I think for each "level" of interest (High/Med/Low/None) they are listed alphabetically. Note the "Lows" and "Nones" for Carnes are alphabetical as well.

Hey, no matter what, good luck to the kid. The fact that it is much closer, he has personal ties to WKU and there is the possibility of being a starter right away make his choice understandable. Either way, he'll be in Memorial in Sept., and if he's a Hilltopper...he's gonna get Crick-Rolled.

True on the alphabetical list, but you'd think if he did commit they'd have him listed as one. I guess we'll see what happens.

Yeah - that's the strange part about all this. Did Carnes lose his phone or something? Just get it over with and announce your decision so we can get back to the Owa thread!

True on the alphabetical list, but you'd think if he did commit they'd have him listed as one. I guess we'll see what happens.

ESPN has him listed as a verbal to WKU as of this morning. But they're thinking they used the same source that everyone else is using, so it doesn't count yet until Carnes himself comes out and confirms it otherwise.

If he commits to WKU, all signs point to NU not recruiting him anymore, solely because he won't qualify academically. So instead of having him commit and never get here, we might be able to snag a late O Lineman. As of now, there is no indication that he would pick WKU, other than that reason.

that was the word a while ago, he has been a WKU lean ever since FSU pulled his scholly offer..

seriously i got a minus 1 for a post that is true?? some people are sensitive i guess...

I'm guessing someone docked you for typing FSU, instead of USF.

honest mistake, but some people are sticklers.

If he commits to WKU, all signs point to NU not recruiting him anymore, solely because he won't qualify academically. So instead of having him commit and never get here, we might be able to snag a late O Lineman. As of now, there is no indication that he would pick WKU, other than that reason.

:yeah

He will announce at 8:00am CT on Wednesday.

Rivals teaser indicates Carnes has not yet committed. I think he will still be N. That one newspaper in Florida put the article out and scout as well as huskerpedia jumped on board. Once again... it is dangerous to trust scout. Rivals has apparently talked directly with Carnes and Carnes has specifically stated that he has not yet committed and will sign and commit on Wednesday.