OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

First off I'm a recent addition to this wonderful forum. And as far as me thinking I should be coaching well yeah your right I would do things differently if I were in charge but so would everyone on HB. Kinda the point in an open forum format. It gives us a chance to voice our POV from all angles. And in this case my point is from a what I would do if I were the HC not "listen To my ideas they are better than Bos and he should be fired for not doing it my way." you take what you read waaaaayyyy too seriously and my guess is you should take yourself a little less serious as well.... You wanna call me out for having an opinion on what I have seen from this team over the last 30 years. And where I "think" we can get better or better use our resources is JMO. Doesn't have to be yours too. I'm not trying to bring you To my side, just stating a wwid scenario... Anyhoo. Back to the cottons. It's simple IMO don't waste schollies on marginal players especially one that if left you could fine 10 more with equal talent. I want the staff to reserve the schollies for the best "players" regardless of position. Especially considering we have no depth at several other key positions. TE being a little down the list as far as priorities. How about recruiting DEs that also played tight end. 2 birds 1 stone. Versatility should be more prevalent in future recruits. Let ben cotton go or walk on and maybe we use the schollies back then that would allow us to focus on the entire team this year as opposed to 4 LBs and maybe 4-5 DBs. Shouldn't have to recruit so heavy to one area. They should be more spread out on your roster ie. We got 2 so. 2jrs and 2 fresh. Coming back at linebacker or running back etc. Unlike our problems say at RB where we got 1 sr. 3 so. A jr college transfer. I want improve this team from the inside out and if you scroll up I did admit maybe we missed on some recruits or whiffed completely. I agree that if Barney wasn't on staff but still from the state they would all be walk ons.

Dude, not trying to bash you... But learn to use the shift-enter once in a while to start new paragraphs. Could probably help out the rest of HB's reading comprehension considerably...

Sorry

Frustration

Took

Over

And

I

Just

Couldn't

Stop

Typing

!!!!!!!!'

For the love of god, take your man crush of the Cotton's to the f'ing Shed!!!!!!! I know you are "new" once or twice over, but put that pea that rattles around in your noggin to use and ponder this. Is this the appropriate place for this discussion?? THe answer is no, so talk about the damn topic please.

Am I the only one that thinks Mike Shoff is a throw back to the 90s lineman that we use to recruit. Big, in-state talent that we can redshirt and sit on the bench when is a freshman. And then let him see the field in his third year (soph) and have him get playing time as a junior and senior.

You're right, that used to be the norm under Osbourne. Guys like John Parella and Terry Conneally come to mind, but with scholarship limitations these days it's harder to take chances on those type of players unless they're willing to walk on and earn their scholarships, but that seams to be frowned upon by members of this board.

um...it's osborne, as in legendary NU coach tom osborne. and i doubt you'd find a single NU fan that doesn't want quality walk-ons. it seEms though that what you are referring to are the many NU fans that are tired of the complaining about almost any in-state scholarship offer due to the mistaken belief that any nebraska kid should and will walk-on.

um...it's osborne, as in legendary NU coach tom osborne. and i doubt you'd find a single NU fan that doesn't want quality walk-ons. it seEms though that what you are referring to are the many NU fans that are tired of the complaining about almost any in-state scholarship offer due to the mistaken belief that any nebraska kid should and will walk-on.

Dude seriously? You know who I'm talking about. Is it necessary to correct spelling to make your point sound better? Should I point out your case sensitive mistakes to make mine?