SIGNED OT Zach Sterup

i wonder about this kid.. with the whole basketball thing (is his heart 100 percent truly into football- guess he only really knows) and the size we will have to wait and see......

also the rumors (damn i hate these) about the 'issues'

it just gives me pause to think... the upside must be great for an offer so we will have to see i guess....... but sounds like someone i would have slow played a little more.....

He got his offer but you never know what conditions where applied. He still has to commit

i wonder about this kid.. with the whole basketball thing (is his heart 100 percent truly into football- guess he only really knows) and the size we will have to wait and see......

also the rumors (damn i hate these) about the 'issues'

it just gives me pause to think... the upside must be great for an offer so we will have to see i guess....... but sounds like someone i would have slow played a little more.....

:yeah

But he has not committed yet. So techniqually the slow-playing continues.

With the height issue I think they wanted to hold-off til camp to really be sure but with so many jumping into the fray maybe they figured they need to move. If they have reservations about him when he camps they'll back-off, like that kid from Prep a couple classes back that ended-up at Ohio. Doesn't sound like he's in a hurry to commit with so many offers out there.

I don't know where these rumors of behavior issues came from, but I live in Hastings and have never heard that he had any behavior or character issues before. I could be wrong, but I think, if he was a trouble maker of any kind, I would of heard something about it.

Hastings Tribune

sports@hastingstribune.com

Zach Sterup’ offer list grew by one Friday.

This one was a big one.

Nebraska became the 11th school to offer the St. Cecilia standout junior offensive tackle a football scholarship.

Sterup met with both NU offensive line coach Barney Cotton and head coach Bo Pelini in Lincoln Friday morning on the way to the state track and field meet, and an offer was extended.

“It’s pretty exciting,” Sterup said. “I’m pretty biased growing up in Nebraska to go there. But I’m still going to keep my options open. I’m not going to commit just because it’s Nebraska. But I’m definitely interested.”

Nebraska joins Iowa, Stanford, UCLA, Wisconsin, Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota, Ohio, Memphis and Louisville.

Sterup is taking an unofficial visit to Notre Dame on Wednesday.

“I’ve just got to research my options,” he said.

There is an interesting teaser on Scout about the timing of Nebraska's offer for Sterup. Anyone has any info?

Thanks!

I dont have a scout subscription, but I do know he will be visiting Notre Dame tomorrow on an unofficial.

I dont have a scout subscription, but I do know he will be visiting Notre Dame tomorrow on an unofficial.

Thanks! Perhaps the coaches were worried about this unofficial visit. Reminds me of the last OL from Nebraska we lost to them a few years ago. Not sure of his name but I think he was from Omaha.

Thanks! Perhaps the coaches were worried about this unofficial visit. Reminds me of the last OL from Nebraska we lost to them a few years ago. Not sure of his name but I think he was from Omaha.

Trevor Robinson from Elkhorn, I surely hope he sint like trevor but he's a 16 year old kid. He's goin to want to take trips, see places, meet new people, meet coaches. In the end I think his heart will be with the big red.

Trevor Robinson from Elkhorn, I surely hope he sint like trevor but he's a 16 year old kid. He's goin to want to take trips, see places, meet new people, meet coaches. In the end I think his heart will be with the big red.

Thanks! And I hear you. I respect a kid even if his decision is to leave Nebraska. I just hope he gives NU a fair shot and that the coaches play him fair too. And then hope for the best.

we usually offer top talent in the state right away..... sooo makes me wonder what really is going on... i think is it s type of thing where we have no reall place for this guy in the system but is too much a talent to waste... kinda like chase harper the other year......

we usually offer top talent in the state right away..... sooo makes me wonder what really is going on... i think is it s type of thing where we have no reall place for this guy in the system but is too much a talent to waste... kinda like chase harper the other year......

we quite often offer in state kids during the summer before their junior year. of course, most of them occur at or after camps, so the timing is a bit unusual. i doubt the coaches' evaluation of his talent level changed recently. with the increasing interest the kid's getting from other schools, they appear to have just decided they couldn't afford to wait until camp to see more before offering (a luxury they normally have with in-state kids).

just decided they couldn't afford to wait until camp

top talent it seems we dont wait.. thats all i am saying...

I agree with you, but chase harper was more than just a kid we offered because he was that talented. Harper could and will help our passing game quiet a bit, and hes a fairly good blocker.

I agree with you, but chase harper was more than just a kid we offered because he was that talented. Harper could and will help our passing game quiet a bit, and hes a fairly good blocker.

:yeah

If we are offering it is because we want him, especially at this stage. It is not a "feeler" offer to see if he likes us.