SIGNED OT Zach Sterup

Unlike Trevor Robinson a couple years ago, if Zach decides to go elsewhere, I will wish him th ebst and probably not miss him. There has been a lot of talk about him growing out of football, and while he definitely has the size to play tackle , it seems like he might have a bit too much size, and he seems to be a bit of a project at tackle at this point. Most O lineman are, you almost never see a True Freshman play on the offensive line, although the aforementioned Robinson did at Notre Dame. With this being said though, of course I'd love to have Zach, but we have other options too.

Possibly a Nebraska commit today, ill update when I get more info.

Sounds promising :thumbs

well if the coaches see him in a certain light then i guess we have to trust them... just dont keep growing too much more kid!!! but if true would be a good get and i like the fact that this class of recruits seems to be a lot stronger than lasts......

Not going to commit today. I've heard he wants another week to think about it.

You might be surprized.

wow good news..... you have a chance to redeme yourself here easy :sarcasm

so i take he is pretty close to pulling the trigger or already has?? excellent if so

You might be surprized.

so i take he is pretty close to pulling the trigger or already has?? excellent if so

There were rumors that both Sterup AND Davie committed today. Those are untrue. But there is a very good chance that they both end up N. My buddy up at UNL told me that Sterup measured a true 6ft8 at camp. Ill check again to make sure that the height is accurate.

You might be surprized.

There were rumors that both Sterup AND Davie committed today. Those are untrue. But there is a very good chance that they both end up N. My buddy up at UNL told me that Sterup measured a true 6ft8 at camp. Ill check again to make sure that the height is accurate.

I'll be surprised if both these guys aren't committed by July. Davie was basically waiting for a Husker offer from what I heard from some Beatrice grads...and Sterup doesn't have a disgruntled dad telling him to go to ND (as far as we know <_< )

Have seen his brother and Zach in the weight room at the local YMCA.

Zach is very strong and has great work ethic. I always saw him working out hard in the weight room DURING basketball season.

A real miss IMO if they don't pick him up. Also, don't say he is too tall, just watch his highlights. Great and I mean great foot work. Yes he doesn't stay as low as he should, but what kid doest at the HS level in Nebraska C-1 football or most places for that matter?