Player: Jeremy Cash

Hometown: Plantation, FL

School: Plantation HS

Position: S

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 185

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida St., Louisville, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio St., South Carolina, South Florida, Stanford, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Wisconsin

Committed to Ohio St.

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#17)

Scout: :star :star :star (#23)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#13)

Whether his 40 time is really 4.45 like the video says doesn't matter to me... what matters is if you watch the film kid can fly. He has football speed and makes quick decisions. He is perfect for our scheme because he reads the offense well and reacts very quickly. Would be great if we could get him and the DE from the same high school Ryan Shazier. You know Shazier is good because his name rhymes with Frazier!!! In reality they are both studs so I say we pluck them up!

Whether his 40 time is really 4.45 like the video says doesn't matter to me... what matters is if you watch the film kid can fly. He has football speed and makes quick decisions.

How's the competition? I forget if Plantation is playing in one of the top divisions.

They have 2700 students class 6A. They are in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

At this point that means that Cash has 12 favorites. Those schools to offer are: North Carolina, South Carolina, Stanford, Miami, FSU, USF, Colorado, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennessee, Louisville, and Connecticut. He shared a little bit about what he is looking for in a school.

Coaching stability will be big with me. I want a good relationship with my position coach. It’s real hard to transition to a new coach. I want a place that I can play and become a great person and athlete. I might have a surprise for everyone and make a early decision, we’ll see.”

http://www.volnation.com/2010/03/09/jeremy-cash-has-ties-tennessee/

I guess that knocks out Colorado.

At this point that means that Cash has 12 favorites. Those schools to offer are: North Carolina, South Carolina, Stanford, Miami, FSU, USF, Colorado, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennessee, Louisville, and Connecticut. He shared a little bit about what he is looking for in a school.

Coaching stability will be big with me. I want a good relationship with my position coach. It’s real hard to transition to a new coach. I want a place that I can play and become a great person and athlete. I might have a surprise for everyone and make a early decision, we’ll see.”

http://www.volnation.com/2010/03/09/jeremy-cash-has-ties-tennessee/

I guess that knocks out Colorado.

I don't see Sanders going anywhere so hopefully he limits that to the position coach - because I doubt Carl would be around for the second half of this kid's career at Nebraska. Another great season defensively (which you have to like our chances at that)...and it's going to become MUCH more difficult to keep some of this staff. I hate the revolving door that has become college football coaching...but it's reality.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Listed as a soft verbal on rivals now, with Arizona State and Nebraska as low interest. There is a topic on the rrs that he will take an official visit here, he would be a great pickup for Nebraska.

Soft Verbal = kiss of death to the program that he is a soft verbal to.

For example:

Both Gabberts - soft verbals to NU until leaving for MU.

Curtis Carter - soft verbal to NU until leaving for TCU.

Corey Cooper - soft verbal to the Illini until leaving for NU.

Chase Rome - soft verbal to Okie State until leaving for NU.

The list goes on and on. More often than not, soft verbals end up switching it up. I hope that it holds to in our favor in this instance.