Say What?

Full disclosure, yes I am a diehard Oakland Raiders fan. (Thanks pops! ;) ) But don't kill the messenger in this case because I think the idea is insane, but apparently Bucky Brooks at NFL.com doesn't agree.

According to him a so called "domino affect" could cause Suh to slide as far as #8 to Oakland. Now I could go on all day about why this scenario will never happen, but to save time I'll just give my top two. First say TB does draft McCoy ahead of Suh, ( :facepalm: ) you expect me to believe that another 5 or 6 teams also pass on Suh? Secondly, say they do pass on Suh, your telling me he gets past up by not two, not three, but FOUR O lineman...........In this class!?!

Something tells me the disinformation machines in the personnel dept of teams with picks in the 5-10 rang are really working overtime this year in hopes that a franchise player might fall into their laps.

Full disclosure, yes I am a diehard Oakland Raiders fan. (Thanks pops! ;) ) But don't kill the messenger in this case because I think the idea is insane, but apparently Bucky Brooks at NFL.com doesn't agree.

According to him a so called "domino affect" could cause Suh to slide as far as #8 to Oakland. Now I could go on all day about why this scenario will never happen, but to save time I'll just give my top two. First say TB does draft McCoy ahead of Suh, ( :facepalm: ) you expect me to believe that another 5 or 6 teams also pass on Suh? Secondly, say they do pass on Suh, your telling me he gets past up by not two, not three, but FOUR O lineman...........In this class!?!

Something tells me the disinformation machines in the personnel dept of teams with picks in the 5-10 rang are really working overtime this year in hopes that a franchise player might fall into their laps.

From everything thing I've read, the Detroit Lions are praying to God that St. Louis passes on Suh. So I really don't see Suh going past the second pick.

From everything thing I've read, the Detroit Lions are praying to God that St. Louis passes on Suh. So I really don't see Suh going past the second pick.

with schwartz calling the shots and making sure vanden bosch followed him to detroit, i can think they're almost banking on picking suh up at two. suh is set to become the lions' cornerstone on defense and vanden bosch is there to provide leadership. the only reason detroit misses suh is if the rams decide to grab suh first and use him for some major, MAJOR horsetrading.

anyone who thinks suh is going anywhere later that is puffin' on some major weed.

Siefert (NFC North writer for ESPN) has a good article about expenses and how money-wise it'd make more sense to pick up Okung there. But then there's always the chance it could end up feeling something similar to the Pistons picking Darko over 'Melo in the NBA draft, or the Blazers picking Oden over Durant. Not saying Okung will have a bad career, it's just there's a possibility that Suh could become a transcendent player.

Same thing happened to Adrian Peterson. Many thought he would be off the board that year as high as #2, no worse than #4, but he fell to #7. I agree with Knapp, if he is still there at #3 and the Bucs don't take him, there will be teams falling all over each other to get to that pick so they can take him. Too much value to pass up, even as a bargaining chip.

Same thing happened to Adrian Peterson. Many thought he would be off the board that year as high as #2, no worse than #4, but he fell to #7. I agree with Knapp, if he is still there at #3 and the Bucs don't take him, there will be teams falling all over each other to get to that pick so they can take him. Too much value to pass up, even as a bargaining chip.

I agree, which is what makes these mock drafts so ridiculous. It's one thing for a team to throw up the usual smoke screens by talking up players they have no interest in drafting to try and insure that the player they do want falls to them. That game is played every year. (Brady Quinn anyone?) But when I see these "media" members trying to make reasonable arguments as to why an average O Lineman from Rutergs will be more valuable to teams in the top 10 than a game changer like Suh, it just turns me off to the entire puppetshow that the NFL draft (and hell the sport itself really) has become.

Hey everyone, I'm Chief, and i'm a Raiders fan...

*everyone on the board* Hi Chief

I'm hoping that the Raiders don't draft Suh. I just want him to go to a team that doesn't utterly and completely blow goats for nickels. I just want him to have a shot for greatness at the next level. If he is drafted by the Raiders, he won't get this opportunity.

I would like him to go to a playoff caliber team, as long as it's not the Bronco's or the Cowboys. I know this is highly unlikely, but i'm hoping somebody swoops in and trades up to get him, like a knight in shining armor, rescuing Big Suh from a potential environment of mediocrity.

suh isn't going anywhere but straight to the top..... the rest of this talk is just like the recruiting hype we go through.. the closer we get the crazier senariors come out...... i think we can all agree that suh will not be falling down very far.... i am not gonna get all bent out if Suh doesnt go #1.... i think he'll do his talking on the field.......

suhs gonna go where he goes and will let the other teams who passed him up (if need be) know how bad they screwed up........