Top 10 Overrated RB's in College Football

Did anyone happen to go on to the next list? Zac Lee was #6 on "top 10 most overrated QBs".

I'm sorry BR, but Zac Lee does NOT belong on this list.

Zac Lee overrated? :wacko: Wouldnt it require that you actually show up on the radar before someone can be labeled overrated? Last I checked Zlee wasnt showing up on anybodies radar. He got bashed all season and never once given an ounce of credit untill it was found he had played hurt all season. BR= :wtf

I like this explanation:

This is the one pick I have no real explanation for. In fact, if anyone has an explanation or a good defense of these players, please speak up because I hate to bash where bashing is not deserved.

In 2009, Vai Taua, Luke Lippincott and quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for 1345, 1034 and 1183 yards respectively for 35 total touchdowns and an average of 7.6 yards per carry. Colin Kaepernick got sacked 13 times, too.

Only three members of the Wolf Pack with a credited carry (out of 12 total) had an average of less than seven yards per carry. One of those men was punter Brad Langley with one run for zero yards.

This truly is the best running system in America. Perhaps Taua, Lampford Mark (the second best returning back) and Kaepernick really are that talented, but I remain suspicious that an ingenious coaching mind is truly to thank.

Translation: I got nothin'.

Starting to think all BR writers are idiots.

I like this explanation:

This is the one pick I have no real explanation for. In fact, if anyone has an explanation or a good defense of these players, please speak up because I hate to bash where bashing is not deserved.

In 2009, Vai Taua, Luke Lippincott and quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for 1345, 1034 and 1183 yards respectively for 35 total touchdowns and an average of 7.6 yards per carry. Colin Kaepernick got sacked 13 times, too.

Only three members of the Wolf Pack with a credited carry (out of 12 total) had an average of less than seven yards per carry. One of those men was punter Brad Langley with one run for zero yards.

This truly is the best running system in America. Perhaps Taua, Lampford Mark (the second best returning back) and Kaepernick really are that talented, but I remain suspicious that an ingenious coaching mind is truly to thank.

They are all idiots. I dont even read their stuff anymore, I think they have no idea what they are talking about half of the time. It's their opinion, but wow some of them are dumb. :facepalm:

I like this explanation:

They are all idiots. I dont even read their stuff anymore, I think they have no idea what they are talking about half of the time. It's their opinion, but wow some of them are dumb. :facepalm:

In their ten greatest moments in Husker history, they gave Ahman Green's 203 yard rushing performance against Tennessee in 1997 the top spot. :facepalm:

As much as I love Green and his abilities, get realistic. They had the Game of the Century as the 10th best moment. Come on man, A GAME OF THE CENTURY doesn't go down as the 10th best moment.

I like this explanation:

In their ten greatest moments in Husker history, they gave Ahman Green's 203 yard rushing performance against Tennessee in 1997 the top spot. :facepalm:

As much as I love Green and his abilities, get realistic. They had the Game of the Century as the 10th best moment. Come on man, A GAME OF THE CENTURY doesn't go down as the 10th best moment.

Wow I didnt read that one, but they fail. GAME OF THE CENTURY, the title kind of hints at something.....

I'm sorry to all you Helu lovers out there, but I agree with the guy. Not for his opinions about the line play, but Roy's inconsistencies and constant injuries make for him to labeled "over-rated". With out any true definition of the word it is hard to explain exactly, but Roy will never be the back some of you think he will be, he is no Brandon Jackson. He just doesn't have the BEASTMODE factor.

:facepalm:

You're right, Helu actually rushed for over 1,000 yards in a season. I agree that he might not be an all-time great, but he is definitely better than Brandon Jackson.

in a way Helu is overrated. that is because he is way too injury prone, if he didnt constantly get injured he has the talent to be the best back in the country but he just cant seem to do it he has had two injury riddled seasons in a row. he will get drafted but unless he can prove that he wont get injured it will be in the late rounds.

and for the record mark ingram is the most overrated back in the country. he just really is not that good and when he gets to the NFL you will see that. he was maybe the 4th best back in the country in 2009 and that was a down year for RBs....

• Fire 1

Bleacher report always sucks until there is a good article about the Huskers, then it's all high fives and hand shakes...

Even some of their Husker articles suck. You should check out the 10 greatest moments in Husker history one...they don't make any sense. I mean, they're good moments, but the ranking is terrible.

Bleacher report always sucks until there is a good article about the Huskers, then it's all high fives and hand shakes...

No, we should stop putting Bleacher Report on the same pedestal as a legitimate news organization. If you said this about ESPN I'd agree with you. But even "good" articles about the Huskers are just uninformed opinions of some average joe fan.

I'm sorry to all you Helu lovers out there, but I agree with the guy. Not for his opinions about the line play, but Roy's inconsistencies and constant injuries make for him to labeled "over-rated". With out any true definition of the word it is hard to explain exactly, but Roy will never be the back some of you think he will be, he is no Brandon Jackson. He just doesn't have the BEASTMODE factor.

facepalm.gif

You're right, Helu actually rushed for over 1,000 yards in a season. I agree that he might not be an all-time great, but he is definitely better than Brandon Jackson.

Better than Brandon Jackson? I like Helu alright but I'd take B Jax any day of the week over Helu.

facepalm.gif

Better than Brandon Jackson? I like Helu alright but I'd take B Jax any day of the week over Helu.

Agreed, there's a reason he's in the NFL (and seeing playing time).

I don't think I can agree with the "definitely better than Brandon Jackson" part. I think Jackson was a better all-around back . . . and he was certainly more valuable in the sense that he was more durable.

I don't think I can agree with the "definitely better than Brandon Jackson" part. I think Jackson was a better all-around back . . . and he was certainly more valuable in the sense that he was more durable.

I agree about disagreeing. If Cally would not have had a man crush on Lucky and gave the best player the majority of the carries, Jackson would have easily had more yard than Helu had last year. I remember the game at Okie State where B-Jax had 99 yards in the first quarter and we were killing them. Then what does Cally do? He puts in Lucky and we lost our rhythm and couldn't get it back. Jackson could have had a huge day and carried us to a victory, but instead our offense falters down the stretch and we lose the game.