OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

You can't compare this class to all 120 schools (with Furman, Florida Atlantic, etc.). You have to compare it with its peers, which would be Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That's not even going out of conference.

I'm not saying we have to have 20 4/5 stars like Alabama, but this class.... is lacking relative to our peers', to say the least.

Doesn't matter how you compare it. It's still not a bad class.

You can't simply focus on the stars we signed. The crucial thing is, did we fill needs? O Line was not a need in this class. LB was a need. QB was a need. CB was a need (and we're short there, although CJ making it to campus will help).

We never signed the top class in the Big 8, either. Seemed to do OK there. We signed a top class once, near as I can remember. Failed miserably with it, too.

I agree we havent really had great recruiting classes(star wise) like the Bama's etc.. of the world, however even back in the day we could take those and walkons and mold them into good players. With this class being good enough for a top 25 or so its now as it has been up to Bo's hand picked coaches to mold these guys into players that will make a difference. I wont hold my breath this will happen but hope that they do. We have to stop the late season meltdowns and become relevent again enough to maybe land a few of these big time players or continue waiting for sons of former players etc...to bloom into top 200 players!!!! On to the countdown to 2012 good class now its waiting time GOBIGRED

You can't compare this class to all 120 schools (with Furman, Florida Atlantic, etc.). You have to compare it with its peers, which would be Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That's not even going out of conference.

I'm not saying we have to have 20 4/5 stars like Alabama, but this class.... is lacking relative to our peers', to say the least.

Doesn't matter how you compare it. It's still not a bad class.

You can't simply focus on the stars we signed. The crucial thing is, did we fill needs? O Line was not a need in this class. LB was a need. QB was a need. CB was a need (and we're short there, although CJ making it to campus will help).

We whiffed on DB and it is more than just CJ, but you're right, him getting here would help. And you can't focus on the stars, but the numbers are very important. It's hard for any of us to predict how good players truly will be, but when we are short in the numbers department, that's a concern.

We never signed the top class in the Big 8, either. Seemed to do OK there. We signed a top class once, near as I can remember. Failed miserably with it, too.

Certainly, recruiting success does not guarantee or always translate into real success on the field. That doesn't mean a recruiting miss should be regarded as good, from a recruiting standpoint.

We'll get on with it and we'll be OK in the end, but really, this class is missing an important piece to it, one that lowers its recruiting grade. The real grade we'll find out in a few years and that can still be anywhere, as always.

There's plenty of silver lining to be found here, but in the end, it's still just silver lining. A miss is a miss!

This really sucks but it's understandable and not grounds to flip out. We had a good O-line class last year and brought in a couple good prospects this year, too. If we get all of our recruits on campus (no academic casualties), it's a good class.

Not getting any true corners besides Seisay is a bigger deal than missing on Peat.

lil' red = definite troll.

Guess I wasn't a troll after all, I had legitimate info he wasn't signing with NU, and was trying to share & confirm on this board.

Your said there were rumblings he was going to USC. Congrats on being right about Peat not coming here, though. A fruit basket will be at your house shortly.

• Fire 1

For anyone making excuses and saying this is still a "great" class or "excellent" class, you are fooling yourselves. Peat is the type of guy we need, that we MUST have in order to return to elite status. We have some nice pick-ups in this class, but we can't just keep saying "it's OK, we'll be fine" every time stuff like this happens. We have to set higher standards and stick to those standards, and do what we have to do in order to achieve those standards. If you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then mediocrity is what you're going to keep getting.

Do what we have to do? Can we move to California? Can we pay players? This is a great class, almost everyone one of em can be major contributors for 2-3 years. We signed some really good players, and im excited to see them on the field. Only time will tell, but i feel we picked up some major needs, and we just might have found a great QB. This combined with the last 2 classes and i can se alot of potential out there.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

sure it does... too bad most jobs dont really care.

Not true--depends on who does the hiring.

Not saying it's the only factor considered in employment--just saying it *is* a factor, and depending on the school and region of the U.S. you're in, it can be a significant factor.

Case in point--Dallas Ft. Worth and TCU/SMU grads. Employers around here think they walk on water, for better or worse.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

sure it does... too bad most jobs dont really care.

Not true--depends on who does the hiring.

Not saying it's the only factor considered in employment--just saying it *is* a factor, and depending on the school and region of the U.S. you're in, it can be a significant factor.

Case in point--Dallas Ft. Worth and TCU/SMU grads. Employers around here think they walk on water, for better or worse.

with your first job yes... but once you have experience no one cares.

• Mavric unlocked this topic