WR Dorial Green-Beckham

So Missouri might have one 5 star commit . . . and one 4 star commit . . . out of 20 recruits? Stars aren't everything but that won't cut it in the SEC.

Missouri, providing cannon fodder for the SEC since 2012.

Don't you just love new traditions..................??

So Missouri might have one 5 star commit . . . and one 4 star commit . . . out of 20 recruits? Stars aren't everything but that won't cut it in the SEC.

but that 1 5* is equal to 3-4 4* guys. Missouri will struggle in their first year - but I think they'll hold their own in the SEC. They likely won't be playing for championships there...but they never really were in the Big12 either. 4-4 in conference, 9-4 season with a win over a Big10 team in a bowl. They should get there every other year.

If Mizzou jumps in full tilt and over signs like the other SEC schools, I can see them doing quite well, especially in bowls. I think them going to the SEC helped snagging DGB as he stays close to home and still gets to play the big boys of the SEC. The kids I know that played against him and are going to MU for school are pumped for sure.

but that 1 5* is equal to 3-4 4* guys. Missouri will struggle in their first year - but I think they'll hold their own in the SEC. They likely won't be playing for championships there...but they never really were in the Big12 either. 4-4 in conference, 9-4 season with a win over a Big10 team in a bowl. They should get there every other year.

I know Dorial is the #1 prospect on Rivals but in no way would I trade him for McMullen, Thurston, Zaire, and Seisay. One 5* WR does not equal four 4* prospects

I know Dorial is the #1 prospect on Rivals but in no way would I trade him for McMullen, Thurston, Zaire, and Seisay. One 5* WR does not equal four 4* prospects

I would consider it. DGB is a special player, one of the few prospects that would have a legit shot of making a NFL roster out of HS. If I thought we were one offensive player away from a NC I would do it. We have too many holes as of now and quality depth is the best way to fix it. I like the recruits and are glad to have them playing for the Big Red, but passing on a opportunity to get a player of Green-Beckham's quality is so hard to pass on.

I would consider it. DGB is a special player, one of the few prospects that would have a legit shot of making a NFL roster out of HS. If I thought we were one offensive player away from a NC I would do it. We have too many holes as of now and quality depth is the best way to fix it. I like the recruits and are glad to have them playing for the Big Red, but passing on a opportunity to get a player of Green-Beckham's quality is so hard to pass on.

I wouldn't consider it. Four 4 stars (at positions of greater need for NU) >>> 1 spectacular HS receiver

So, the all-time leading passer (21,000+ yards and 208 TD passes) in HS history is joined by the all-time leader in receiving (6,356 rec. yards) in HS history on the same team, in the same freshman class. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

No. It hasn't.

I hope they have videos of their high school playing days. Both those guys will be lucky to put up 20% of those numbers over the next four years.

So, the all-time leading passer (21,000+ yards and 208 TD passes) in HS history is joined by the all-time leader in receiving (6,356 rec. yards) in HS history on the same team, in the same freshman class. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

Impressive. DGB is obvi the real deal. Mauk....not so much

No. It hasn't.

I hope they have videos of their high school playing days. Both those guys will be lucky to put up 20% of those numbers over the next four years.

1271 yards in 4 years? DGB will have that as a freshman.