Which Husker is most vital to success?

Which player is most essential to a good season?   

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure it sounds cliche, but I honestly think that Alex Henery is probably the hardest guy to replace

that guy saved our bacon so many times last year i think they could write a movie about it. improved qb play or not, henery was my team mvp last year and anything remotely close to last years successes from him will put both our defense and offense in a position that makes it really hard to fail.

yeah, i said it. team mvp last year.

I voted Prince. If we lose Zac, it'll be bad, but we could shut down the offense and bring Green along. If we lose Prince, who steps in for him now that Blue is gone? We are depending pretty heavily on our two shutdown corners in the D this year. Does Thorell start at CB or something?

I had to vote for Zac Lee, because NU absolutely MUST have improved QB play if they have any hope at all about making a serious Big12 title run.

Without solid quarterback play Nebraska will more than likely suffer an offensive fate similar to last year.

We have play makers at all of the key positions offensively. We have Paul/McNeil at WR, Helu/Burkhead at HB, Cotton/Reed/Young at TE, and then a collection of offensive linemen that are healthy but inexperienced.

But, if Nebraska can't somehow find the playmaking ability we saw from our quarterbacks in 2009 non-con and in the Holiday Bowl, then I really doubt their chances of making a trip back to Dallas in 2010.

Crick. He's our best D-lineman. Hands down. His loss would hurt seriously weaken our rotation. It would affect our run coverage and our pass coverage.

yeah, the pun was intentional, btw. heh.

I almost went with Zac Lee, but I'm gonna go with someone on the staff...Barney Cotton. It seemed like the offensive line played was treacherous last year and, as we all know, it all starts up front. If Barney can whip the big guys into shape, we should be improved offensively no matter who is at quarterback.

Went with Nile Paul because not only is he NU's best receiver from what I can tell at this point (which will help take pressure of the run game and make big plays for the offense) but he is also a key part of the kick and punt return games. He also seems to be becoming a more of a leader.

I had to vote for Zac Lee, because NU absolutely MUST have improved QB play if they have any hope at all about making a serious Big12 title run.

Didn't we make a serious Big 12 title run last year with below average QB play?

There is no doubt that the strength of this team is the defense. IMO, the most valuable player on defense is a dominant defensive tackle, so I will have to go with Crick.

I like EZ's pick of Hagg as well, mainly because his versatility has a lot to do with the scheme run by Bo and Carl.