QB Race

Bo does not have a problem with Lee he just didnt win the job its as simple as that. If Lee made the offense the most effective then he would have started tonight simple as that. Lee was not "owed" anything and he should not have been handed the starting job just because he started last year simple as that.

The guy didnt win the job simple as that.

• Fire 3

I feel bad for the guy, sure. I also figured we would lose around 3 games this year anyways. No matter how you look at it...we lost Suh, Dillard, Asante, Turner, and O'hanlon. Pretty much our top tacklers. Our defense might not win us as many games this year and we still have questions about the offense...how much will the offense improve? Then we lost a few guys to injuries before the season started, so I would be pretty happy with only 3 losses this year.

Anyways, I feel really bad for Lee. But if the coaches see something that makes them say he isn't the guy then I trust them.

I can appreciate the support for Lee. He is our best option imo this year. I hope he gets back in the lineup and shows everyone up. Im just disappointed that everyone is putting him on the back burner. Like i said before im not a huge fan of the spread because i think against top notch opponents we dont stand a chance.

Let me ask you this -- if we had the right players in the right positions, would this offense stand a chance? Or are you just categorically opposed to the idea of the WC/Spread Offense?

I think if we had the right players at the right positions this o could be successful. The biggest issue in talkin with uncle milt is that this O line doesnt have the talent to be able to successfully block these schemes. the talent needed to block inside/outside zone is not there. I am not opposed to this O i just dont honestly think neb as a team can be successful at this, this year.

I feel bad for the guy, sure. I also figured we would lose around 3 games this year anyways. No matter how you look at it...we lost Suh, Dillard, Asante, Turner, and O'hanlon. Pretty much our top tacklers. Our defense might not win us as many games this year and we still have questions about the offense...how much will the offense improve? Then we lost a few guys to injuries before the season started, so I would be pretty happy with only 3 losses this year.

Anyways, I feel really bad for Lee. But if the coaches see something that makes them say he isn't the guy then I trust them.

I think our d will be just as good as last year if not better. Our O only has to be a little bit better. And i think we can legitimately have a chance to win not only the CC but have a chance at the MNC with lee. But with anyone else i dont see us having a chance. I hope we do but i dont see it.

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

You must be Zac Lee's dad or something...get over yourself already. Accept the fact that you do not know as much about football and evaluating talent as you previously thought. You dont like the spread option? Um wow. You better get used to it because that is exactly what this team has been gravitating towards since Bo got here. Just look at the recruitment at qb since Bo got here. Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, and Brion Carnes....hardly pocket passers like you seem to want.

Finally, why do you feel the need to start a new thread and clutter the board to complain about how YOU are upset that Lee got the short end of things. There are like a million other threads you could post in. Admit the fact that you were wrong and have been very ignorant leading up to this game.

• Fire 5

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

You must be Zac Lee's dad or something...get over yourself already. Accept the fact that you do not know as much about football and evaluating talent as you previously thought. You dont like the spread option? Um wow. You better get used to it because that is exactly what this team has been gravitating towards since Bo got here. Just look at the recruitment at qb since Bo got here. Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, and Brion Carnes....hardly pocket passers like you seem to want.

Finally, why do you feel the need to start a new thread and clutter the board to complain about how YOU are upset that Lee got the short end of things. There are like a million other threads you could post in. Admit the fact that you were wrong and have been very ignorant leading up to this game.

You have your opinion and i have mine. Im happy to think that you think that i am ignorant. Yes the coaches know more than all of us. Im just stating my simple opinion about how i think lee is getting screwed and after we lose several games because of this IGNORANT offense and the lack of talent on the line ECT for it you can thank me for my honest opinion. have a great day

whatever you feel i think ZL deserves some respect on this board.. he was the xanax Qb all last season and played with all he had... if he aint the started then thats fine.. but to just throw him under the bus like some NFL 3rd stringer is weak... he has done all he can for the program and to put him on blast like that if pretty f'ing harsh....

My argument to that is this. the turnovers didnt help a bit and that was due to helu mcneil and paul. each of which had turnover inside the redzone. you cant really compare that game to anything. bad effin day all the way around.

OK, I will admit the ISU game is a bad example. How is this: We beat Baylor to 20-10. Is it illogical for me to believe that we should have put up at least 40 points against them? Same with the meager 10 points we put up against Texas Tech. How can you claim that Lee was effective last year? Or were all of those just "bad days all around"?

When an event occurs once, it may be a coincidence. Each game against Tech, ISU, Baylor, was low-scoring, and clearly an ineffective offense. That (to me) seems like a trend.

If your belief is that "we just can't beat them with this offense" does it really matter who is played at quarterback?

I don't mean to celebrate Lee's absence from our offense this year -- but I'm looking forward to a change.

Green started and played the Baylor game, nothing to do with Lee.

• Fire 2

I dont think it is a slap in the face at all. From all the word going around campus it sounds like Lee thought it was his all fall. Almost everyone I have talked to about the situation has said that Lee is VERY arrogant. Im not justifying this, but I can see how this might put you in the wrong eye of coaches.

And when you refrence this offense, how is it so terrible? You are simply stating you dont agree and we wont succeed. When you step back and look at the big picture this just adds a new element. Youre trying to say that TMart cant hand the ball off and run bad zone reads like Lee did last year? And throw 10 yard crossing patterns? Tough sell. The coaches use this offense becuase it uses Tmarts ability the best. Sure he can do what Lee did last year, if they need to change the gameplan they will.

Im doubting the coaches would just take the starter from the previous season who almost led us to a BCS bowl "under the bus", if there wasnt viable reasoning.

• Fire 2

Hey I appreciate all the work Zac Lee has done and the effort he has given to make us a better football team. He has put in his time and got his chance last year and will now be a great backup and sideline "headset coach." It is a fact though that he is not the best qb we have. It is also shocking to me how people on this board can be so ignorant and will rip on someone when they try to share their point of view, which was a legitimate point of view all along, but somehow think that they are these all knowing, most knowledgeable fans ever, and anyone who disagrees with them is stupid and has no clue what they are talking about.

i agree with a lot of what you said... i have done many wrong things on the board so i am no angel to but to full on put lee on blast and totally thrown him under the push i think is flagerant and pretty irresponsible for husker fans.. the guy did his best... and worked last year with an injury.. .if not for a couple of plays we might have been in a BCS game and had a one loss season.... SOO lots of things play into other things and nothing is for sure... but you dont just piss away a guy who came in tried his best.. was treated like a god one weak and then shiet the next.... just lousy......

do i agree with lee not startting?? hell i'm not a coach i dont know.. do i agree with T-Mart starting i dont know... but i'd pick either one ahead of green... as of right now

I told everyone that T-mart would start over lee and green In a thread awhile ago. I actually was one of the few people that thought martinez would start but I know that noboby will give me credit for predicting this and that I am just gonna get made fun of but w.e :facepalm: I know that we are only into game one but you can go back and see some of my posts I backed T-Magic in most threads

I feel for Zac in that he probably expected to start his Senior year and it didn't work out. He didn't win the job and really that's all there is to it. I'll believe and trust in this coaching staff because so far, I have no reason not to.

It made me a laugh a little when he finally got in the game and threw a pass at the receivers feet. I can't remember how many bounce passes I saw him throw last year.