QB Race

I dont care what you all think

You obviously do or you wouldn't be posting.

Lee got screwed.
I don't doubt it, a lot of college age kids are sexually active.

He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades.
That remains to be seen, after all it is still week 1 and the opinion of "you all" has nothing to do with why he starts or gets accolades. The coaching staff and Taylor proving his talent in Spring, Camp, and on the field tonight does.

I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it.
You aren't the only one and cetainly entitled to your opinion.

I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap.
Only because the other 95% of us saw a very talented freshman make enormous strides toward success tonight.

If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in.
and if you had you would have found your butt on the next plane to Mississippi to QB Ole Miss and lose to Jacksonville State.

He IS a leader.
Hit and miss.

He can throw the ball better than any other qb.
Really? I've have not seen evidence of this.

I do not have a problem with t mart playing.
It appears that you do. A BIG problem or you wouldn't have thrown what appears to be a tantrum over it..

We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words.

Words marked. You may be right, but I doubt it will be because T-mart. I would be looking to a suspect defenese for that. Also, 3 losses? I would consider an 11-3 season a sucessful one.

Almost everyone I have talked to about the situation has said that Lee is VERY arrogant.

I haven't ever said anything about this on this board because I do not know Zac Lee personally. However, from the couple players I have talked to/know and others around the program, along with my own observations, this is exactly what I have heard/seen. Zac Lee has been described to me as very selfish and arrogant. When I hear people on this board talk about what a great leader he is and how all of his teammates love him I know that they do not know what they are talking about. Everything I have heard is exactly opposite. It also makes me wonder where people on this board come up with these statements/ideas. Do they just make this stuff up to make themselves look good?

Almost everyone I have talked to about the situation has said that Lee is VERY arrogant.

I haven't ever said anything about this on this board because I do not know Zac Lee personally. However, from the couple players I have talked to/know and others around the program, along with my own observations, this is exactly what I have heard/seen. Zac Lee has been described to me as very selfish and arrogant. When I hear people on this board talk about what a great leader he is and how all of his teammates love him I know that they do not know what they are talking about. Everything I have heard is exactly opposite. It also makes me wonder where people on this board come up with these statements/ideas. Do they just make this stuff up to make themselves look good?

I have heard the same, but I also do not know Zac Lee. Maybe the speculation is false. Maybe he bakes cookies for his church bake sale and donates organs to the Red Cross. It's hard to say.

I told everyone that T-mart would start over lee and green In a thread awhile ago. I actually was one of the few people that thought martinez would start but I know that noboby will give me credit for predicting this and that I am just gonna get made fun of but w.e :facepalm: I know that we are only into game one but you can go back and see some of my posts I backed T-Magic in most threads

There were about 5-6 guys on here who were in love with Zac Lee. These are the guys who I was referring to in my post above. They were always right and anyone else who had a different opinion was going to get blasted for being so stupid.

Because people meet him in different situations.... Public/private, on the field/off... And you have no proof he is arrogant, just as I or anyone else has proof he is a team leader. I can say I heard the opposite, who is right? you said you have never met him, maybe your twice removed info is from someone who doesn't like him.... Either way its pointless.... You dont have to be liked to be a leader, if he can lead the team fair enough if not move him aside.....

Bo does not have a problem with Lee he just didnt win the job its as simple as that. If Lee made the offense the most effective then he would have started tonight simple as that. Lee was not "owed" anything and he should not have been handed the starting job just because he started last year simple as that.

The guy didnt win the job simple as that.

No offense...

But I take what BigWillie says as a little more than just a random guy posting on a message board... He knows what is going on.. When he says that Bo has something against Lee, I'll give it the time of day to hear it out... While Martinez may have won the job because of his legs, I don't know if he will keep it because of his arm.

Hey I appreciate all the work Zac Lee has done and the effort he has given to make us a better football team. He has put in his time and got his chance last year and will now be a great backup and sideline "headset coach." It is a fact though that he is not the best qb we have. It is also shocking to me how people on this board can be so ignorant and will rip on someone when they try to share their point of view, which was a legitimate point of view all along, but somehow think that they are these all knowing, most knowledgeable fans ever, and anyone who disagrees with them is stupid and has no clue what they are talking about.

i agree with a lot of what you said... i have done many wrong things on the board so i am no angel to but to full on put lee on blast and totally thrown him under the push i think is flagerant and pretty irresponsible for husker fans.. the guy did his best... and worked last year with an injury.. .if not for a couple of plays we might have been in a BCS game and had a one loss season.... SOO lots of things play into other things and nothing is for sure... but you dont just piss away a guy who came in tried his best.. was treated like a god one weak and then shiet the next.... just lousy......

do i agree with lee not startting?? hell i'm not a coach i dont know.. do i agree with T-Mart starting i dont know... but i'd pick either one ahead of green... as of right now

Im not trying to throw Zac Lee under the bus by any means. I am truly thankful for him giving everything he has in practice and leading the team last year. If my posts come across as throwing him under the bus then I apologize to Zac Lee. However, as a fan I can voice my opinion about who I think is the better player and who I would like to see leading the team. As a competitor you should know what youre getting yourself into by playing big time D-1 college football. I think it is ridiculous how a select few people on here will chastise you and completely rip you if they dont agree with your opinion, this is all I have been trying to convey.

Bottom line is this, we are fans, we don't know as much about the players as we think we know. The coaches will make the best decision for the team as a whole. IMO Zac is a decent QB.......AT BEST........he lacks some of the skills necessary to do the job, but that doesn't mean I won't support the guy if he gets the nod. Green and Martinez lack the experience, but they played very well tonight. Until we get some good competition we won't know how good anyone is. Zac did kinda get slapped in the face, but maybe the coaches are trying to send him a message if he is so cocky. Drop the attitude, we aren't going to just hand you anything.

• Fire 1

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

We are talking about Lee, the guy who was supposedly behind Patrick Witt and Ganz on the depth chart just 2 years ago right?

look, if he is the best man then hes got the opportunity to take it from the other two by playing that way. Anything else is crap. This isn't the staff that chose Keller over Ganz. If he's the man, hes gotta take/prove it. He definitely didn't last year. Bottom line.

And I don't know if you saw "washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma" tonight, but from the looks of things he'd have done pretty well. All 4 of those teams looked bad.

You've got your wish, words marked... be prepared to eat them.

• Fire 1

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

We are talking about Lee, the guy who was supposedly behind Patrick Witt and Ganz on the depth chart just 2 years ago right?

look, if he is the best man then hes got the opportunity to take it from the other two by playing that way. Anything else is crap. This isn't the staff that chose Keller over Ganz. If he's the man, hes gotta take/prove it. He definitely didn't last year. Bottom line.

And I don't know if you saw "washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma" tonight, but from the looks of things he'd have done pretty well. All 4 of those teams looked bad.

You've got your wish, words marked... be prepared to eat them.

I'm really not sure that Lee actually got screwed. T-Mart and Green needed the experience and had more question marks around them then Lee. They also both looked good enough that you can't really say that Lee should have started over them. I don't have any inside info on the subject but from watching the game I didn't see anything to say that he got screwed.

I get a little sentimental about Lee being third, but that's life. What good does it the ENTIRE team if the best QB is not out there? Apparently Bo doesn't think that a healthy Lee puts us in a better position to win a game then Martinez. And he should know because he has no reason to "Screw Lee" as you put it, in favor of Martinez. You see Bo is smart, he knows that it's not personal, it's winning. And to win sometimes you have to hurt feelings. Plus what is not to love about Martinez? Four years of elgibility with great athleticism, I am excited!!! Lee is just not as athletic and even at his healthest, is just not good enough. I think you'll get over it when he actually put up some offensive stats.

I'm really not sure that Lee actually got screwed. T-Mart and Green needed the experience and had more question marks around them then Lee. They also both looked good enough that you can't really say that they Lee should have started over them. I don't have any inside info on the subject but from watching the game I didn't see anything to say that he got screwed.

We'll never really see anything, other than indications that we saw today that Lee was not a part of this competition. From being the incumbent and taking a lot of reps with the 1's through fall camp (unless that's wrong), to suddenly not even being a part of the conversation, it's something that won't ever be given explanation.

The plan as we saw was that Martinez would get Q1, Green would be thrown in early, and then they didn't have any set rotation from there on. That's what Bo said.

And as we saw, Lee did not get in until the 4th quarter, when he was handing off to Jones and running with the ... 3's.. .

Thing is people will use this performance by Tay Magic, and say, "ha, he really is that good, we were right to support him all along, Lee didn't deserve the job." But there's really nothing to gloat about here. I admit he impressed me with his running, but we all knew that he was a good runner, and WKU's defense played pretty horribly. There's really been no new information revealed about Taylor today.

I'm really not sure that Lee actually got screwed. T-Mart and Green needed the experience and had more question marks around them then Lee. They also both looked good enough that you can't really say that they Lee should have started over them. I don't have any inside info on the subject but from watching the game I didn't see anything to say that he got screwed.

We'll never really see anything, other than indications that we saw today that Lee was not a part of this competition. From being the incumbent and taking a lot of reps with the 1's through fall camp (unless that's wrong), to suddenly not even being a part of the conversation, it's something that won't ever be given explanation.

The plan as we saw was that Martinez would get Q1, Green would be thrown in early, and then they didn't have any set rotation from there on. That's what Bo said.

And as we saw, Lee did not get in until the 4th quarter, when he was handing off to Jones and running with the ... 3's.. .

Thing is people will use this performance by Tay Magic, and say, "ha, he really is that good, we were right to support him all along, Lee didn't deserve the job." But there's really nothing to gloat about here. I admit he impressed me with his running, but we all knew that he was a good runner, and WKU's defense played pretty horribly. There's really been no new information revealed about Taylor today.

I think not starting speaks loudly.