QB Race

Hey I appreciate all the work Zac Lee has done and the effort he has given to make us a better football team. He has put in his time and got his chance last year and will now be a great backup and sideline "headset coach." It is a fact though that he is not the best qb we have. It is also shocking to me how people on this board can be so ignorant and will rip on someone when they try to share their point of view, which was a legitimate point of view all along, but somehow think that they are these all knowing, most knowledgeable fans ever, and anyone who disagrees with them is stupid and has no clue what they are talking about.

i agree with a lot of what you said... i have done many wrong things on the board so i am no angel to but to full on put lee on blast and totally thrown him under the push i think is flagerant and pretty irresponsible for husker fans.. the guy did his best... and worked last year with an injury.. .if not for a couple of plays we might have been in a BCS game and had a one loss season.... SOO lots of things play into other things and nothing is for sure... but you dont just piss away a guy who came in tried his best.. was treated like a god one weak and then shiet the next.... just lousy......

do i agree with lee not startting?? hell i'm not a coach i dont know.. do i agree with T-Mart starting i dont know... but i'd pick either one ahead of green... as of right now

Im not trying to throw Zac Lee under the bus by any means. I am truly thankful for him giving everything he has in practice and leading the team last year. If my posts come across as throwing him under the bus then I apologize to Zac Lee. However, as a fan I can voice my opinion about who I think is the better player and who I would like to see leading the team. As a competitor you should know what youre getting yourself into by playing big time D-1 college football. I think it is ridiculous how a select few people on here will chastise you and completely rip you if they dont agree with your opinion, this is all I have been trying to convey.

I know exactly what you mean. The funny thing is, Martinez isn't supposed to be the better passer, but he was way more accurate than Lee tonight.

I'm really not sure that Lee actually got screwed. T-Mart and Green needed the experience and had more question marks around them then Lee. They also both looked good enough that you can't really say that they Lee should have started over them. I don't have any inside info on the subject but from watching the game I didn't see anything to say that he got screwed.

We'll never really see anything, other than indications that we saw today that Lee was not a part of this competition. From being the incumbent and taking a lot of reps with the 1's through fall camp (unless that's wrong), to suddenly not even being a part of the conversation, it's something that won't ever be given explanation.

The plan as we saw was that Martinez would get Q1, Green would be thrown in early, and then they didn't have any set rotation from there on. That's what Bo said.

And as we saw, Lee did not get in until the 4th quarter, when he was handing off to Jones and running with the ... 3's.. .

Thing is people will use this performance by Tay Magic, and say, "ha, he really is that good, we were right to support him all along, Lee didn't deserve the job." But there's really nothing to gloat about here. I admit he impressed me with his running, but we all knew that he was a good runner, and WKU's defense played pretty horribly. There's really been no new information revealed about Taylor today.

To be fair, Martinez looked comfortable in front of the home crowd. That's something Green struggled with last season.

I'm really not sure that Lee actually got screwed. T-Mart and Green needed the experience and had more question marks around them then Lee. They also both looked good enough that you can't really say that they Lee should have started over them. I don't have any inside info on the subject but from watching the game I didn't see anything to say that he got screwed.

We'll never really see anything, other than indications that we saw today that Lee was not a part of this competition. From being the incumbent and taking a lot of reps with the 1's through fall camp (unless that's wrong), to suddenly not even being a part of the conversation, it's something that won't ever be given explanation.

The plan as we saw was that Martinez would get Q1, Green would be thrown in early, and then they didn't have any set rotation from there on. That's what Bo said.

And as we saw, Lee did not get in until the 4th quarter, when he was handing off to Jones and running with the ... 3's.. .

Thing is people will use this performance by Tay Magic, and say, "ha, he really is that good, we were right to support him all along, Lee didn't deserve the job." But there's really nothing to gloat about here. I admit he impressed me with his running, but we all knew that he was a good runner, and WKU's defense played pretty horribly. There's really been no new information revealed about Taylor today.

I know, all I'm saying is that after the game I don't think you can clearly say whether Lee did or didn't get the shaft. I did see him and Bo having a good conversation during the game while T-Mart was out there so I don't think their can be too much animosity between them. Also like I said T-Mart and Green needed the experience and were less proven then Lee so them being out there more could simply just be because the coaches wanted to get a better look at them and give them more experience.

• Fire 1

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

Its not possible to do a "-1" is it?

I told everyone that T-mart would start over lee and green In a thread awhile ago. I actually was one of the few people that thought martinez would start but I know that noboby will give me credit for predicting this and that I am just gonna get made fun of but w.e :facepalm: I know that we are only into game one but you can go back and see some of my posts I backed T-Magic in most threads

Be careful of injury trying to pat yourself on the back.

I know exactly what you mean. The funny thing is, Martinez isn't supposed to be the better passer, but he was way more accurate than Lee tonight.

Lee had a few snaps at the end of the game running with guys he hasn't really worked with all camp.

Martinez had the luxury of being anointed the starter, and he still made some pretty bad throws if I'm not mistaken. Of course I only have the highlights so I haven't seen any of them and can only go by the radio call. But these are completely non-comparable situations. The only players we had the opportunity to compare in-game today were Taylor and Cody.

If Lee is seriously the 3rd string QB, then what's to stop you from just quitting the team. Seriously. He's a senior, and this ends his career if he's 3rd string

And I really hope the reason he's riding the bench is because Green and TMart are THAT MUCH BETTER, because after what he's given up for this team playing hurt throughout an entire season which resulted in another injury, and having to get surgery and missing spring ball because of it, I think he deserves more of an opportunity if the qb race is as close as the coaches are leading us to believe

This is what the next week is going to be like on this board? Listen...Lee doesn't fit the direction this offense is going, to put it simply. He's not a decisive (or overly fast) runner, and that makes the zone read option a lot less effective. If you don't have a threat at QB on that play, it's just a very obvious handoff from a shotgun set...not an effective play. Bo wants to run the ball, and it appears he wants to be able to run it from many different looks...including the spread option type of looks. If Lee doesn't add anything to that type of system, what good does it do to start him just because he's a senior?

I think the depth chart tonight at QB shows that Bo was looking for the player who best fit this system. We will have about a 60/40 run/pass ratio this year, if not higher. If that means we need to get the best athlete out there at QB, great. Martinez obviously did something right in camp, because he's the guy the coaches chose to start the opener.

I'm especially fond of the guys who really think that there's no way we can win the big 12 or even a MNC with Martinez/Green at QB...like Lee really did anything last year to make people believe he's got a better chance to do get us there. Do you really think if he gave us a better chance to win, he'd be 3rd string? Our coaching staff has its faults, but they are not stupid. They did what they think is best for the team.

This season will be brutal for the fans if we have to listen to the "Zac Lee got screwed" camp complain all year long.

• Fire 2

This is what the next week is going to be like on this board? Listen...Lee doesn't fit the direction this offense is going, to put it simply. He's not a decisive (or overly fast) runner, and that makes the zone read option a lot less effective. If you don't have a threat at QB on that play, it's just a very obvious handoff from a shotgun set...not an effective play

I understand that Taylor runs this play better than Lee, but there are probably several dozen pass plays that a proficient passing quarterback can run that Taylor renders not effective. Of course, we may just be expecting to doing simple stuff passing all season...despite having receivers that could be utilized to really attack the D in a lot of different ways?

Or Taylor could come along in that area, who knows.

I know, all I'm saying is that after the game I don't think you can clearly say whether Lee did or didn't get the shaft. I did see him and Bo having a good conversation during the game while T-Mart was out there so I don't think their can be too much animosity between them. Also like I said T-Mart and Green needed the experience and were less proven then Lee so them being out there more could simply just be because the coaches wanted to get a better look at them and give them more experience.

I seriously hope that Bo takes these SunBelt Foes seriously and doesn't purposely start guys because he want to feel them out more, but starts them because he thinks they are the best man, at the time anyway, for the job.

I have a feeling that each are going to get a start with Lee starting on in washington. that would put green next week. though not all equal as far as the talent of the opposition, but equal in terms of experience.

I didn't get to see T.M. play tonight, and so I have a bit of an outward looking in perspective.

I think come Big12 play who ever starts that game is the starter for the rest of the season with considerations of injuries. till then is exibition games for all....which is why lee gets the nod in washington.

my .02