Iowa Thanksgiving?

corncraze

I must admit I'm one who adamantly is against Iowa as our Main Rivalry. I understand the geography thing and the fact that they run their mouths, but that is completely reminiscent of Colorado.

I don't understand why so many of the fans who were so opposed to the force CU rivalry joke are so on board with the Iowa rivalry! I understand they have big mouths and the bragging rights I guess, but they really have done nothing to compare themselves to us or even associate themselves with us as our top Rival. They have achieved relatively little compared to us, so why should we tie our program to a weaker one like their's?

They have no national titles, they have one Heisman winner from 1939, 11 conference titles (6 modern era), and only twenty all-americans!!!!

Colorado has traditionally been a more successful program than Iowa, yet we refused to acknowledge CU as a rival (myself included), but welcome Iowa with open arms?!?!?!?!?!

Yes Iowa has had a decent decade (arguably their best in their modern era), but I think that makes them even less qualified. This is one of the worst decades in the history of Husker football in the modern era and we still had a better record than them, a better winning percentage, a Heisman winner and a National Title appearance while they didn't!

Now I have to be careful here, because my entire Mom's side of the family (who I love dearly) is in east Iowa and they all are extreme Hawks fans, but from a football standpoint it makes no sense!!!!!!

Why should one of the nation's most prestigious programs in college football settle for Iowa as their main rival?!?!?!

USC has Notre Dame, Miami has Florida State, Michigan has Ohio State, Oklahoma now has Texas (which I still hate to say), and so on... And we would have IOWA?????? That's like USC's main rival being Stanford (a program with a decent amount of history, with Bill Walsh and John Elway), but no where near in comparison with USC!

Each of these have two things in common, both teams have at least 1 National Title (although everyone beside Stanford has at least 2 in this), and the series are relatively close.

the last three times we played Iowa we put up 49 on them and they achieved a double digit score once in those three games.

I don't understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to explain, rebuttal or simply state your view

I must admit I'm one who adamantly is against Iowa as our Main Rivalry. I understand the geography thing and the fact that they run their mouths, but that is completely reminiscent of Colorado.

I don't understand why so many of the fans who were so opposed to the force CU rivalry joke are so on board with the Iowa rivalry! I understand they have big mouths and the bragging rights I guess, but they really have done nothing to compare themselves to us or even associate themselves with us as our top Rival. They have achieved relatively little compared to us, so why should we tie our program to a weaker one like their's?

They have no national titles, they have one Heisman winner from 1939, 11 conference titles (6 modern era), and only twenty all-americans!!!!

Colorado has traditionally been a more successful program than Iowa, yet we refused to acknowledge CU as a rival (myself included), but welcome Iowa with open arms?!?!?!?!?!

Yes Iowa has had a decent decade (arguably their best in their modern era), but I think that makes them even less qualified. This is one of the worst decades in the history of Husker football in the modern era and we still had a better record than them, a better winning percentage, a Heisman winner and a National Title appearance while they didn't!

Now I have to be careful here, because my entire Mom's side of the family (who I love dearly) is in east Iowa and they all are extreme Hawks fans, but from a football standpoint it makes no sense!!!!!!

Why should one of the nation's most prestigious programs in college football settle for Iowa as their main rival?!?!?!

USC has Notre Dame, Miami has Florida State, Michigan has Ohio State, Oklahoma now has Texas (which I still hate to say), and so on... And we would have IOWA?????? That's like USC's main rival being Stanford (a program with a decent amount of history, with Bill Walsh and John Elway), but no where near in comparison with USC!

Each of these have two things in common, both teams have at least 1 National Title (although everyone beside Stanford has at least 2 in this), and the series are relatively close.

the last three times we played Iowa we put up 49 on them and they achieved a double digit score once in those three games.

I'm with you on all of this.

I agree completely.

Rivalries are determined on the field, not in the years before we play them or the few times we have played in the past. Just because we play them after thankgiving and the last game before the ccg doesnt mean they automatically become out rival. Who knows how long it will take for us to gain new rivals, but it will happen. How couldnt it. We will play some big time games in the future(michigan, penn state, iowa, osu, wisconsin).

It is fun to talk about rivalries and all but, I will temper my judgement until we get to big 10 play.

I think Ohio State may just end up being our rival given that their probably the best team opposite us in their division. We could and I say could at this point if neither of our programs somehow stall be seeing them when it really counts. In the conference championship game besides the regular season. Iowa does NOT deserve to be our rival. Insinuating that is almost a joke to me.

I've never been on board with an Iowa rivalry, either

Me either. I think you either have to live near the border or in Iowa, or have some sort of daily interaction with Iowegians to care about them. Aside from the random posts of hatred around here, I can't say I've thought about Iowa or their fans five times since this whole expansion thing came up. I'm more interested in rubbing elbows with OSU, PSU, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Agree, Iowa seems to share CU's inferiority complex. I do live in Iowa, and for the most part get along with Iowa fans. I dont see them as rude as CU.

I was hoping to have Penn St as the last game, oh well.

I disagree with the bold part. I've lived in a small town in Nebraska and on the other side of the river is Sioux City, IA. I've never had a problem with Hawkeye fans and their program till I went to college in 02' in Iowa. Since then I have got soo much crap from Hawkeye fans after every Husker loss for no apparent reason and the two lossing seasons that we had. I never give anybody crap when their favorite team loses because I hate it when people do that to me. I've never understood why I got so much crap from Hawkeye fans because we were not in the Big 10 at that time nor did we play them every year.

Iowa hates Nebraska and they hate us with a passion believe that, thats why I'm calling Iowa the Colorado of the Big 10. I've never hated Iowa more in the past 4 years because of the constant crap I get from their fanbase.